The Reckoners (PSN recruiting CLOSED, XBox recruiting OPEN)
(Thanks to our Signature Goddess Kaiyoto for the pretty graphics)
Welcome, to the awesomeest thread on the Ubisoft Forums! (but I would say that, I'm a RECKONER!) We're an awesome clan, full of awesome people, who have awesome fun with Assassin's Creed and many other games. At our core, we are about Assassin's Creed, but we have many members who are into other games as well, so you'll probably see some of us around elsewhere as well.
Our entire purpose, here and elsewhere, is to have fun. If that means Assassin's Creed, we'll play it. If it means being trolls on our own forum, some of us are into that too (seriously, join our forums. They're FUN! And there's no censorship... Except when we the admins decide to troll someone and censor their name for a few days). If it means we'll be showing up in some other game and slaughtering somewhere that DOESN'T have any animuses or animi or whatever they're called... that's cool too! We're pretty much a gaming family. Like a real family, but cooler... and probably more insane.If that sounds good to you, read on!
Because, lets face it, you ALL want to hang out with us, right? If you didn't, you wouldn't still be here after than lunatic spiel above. Well guess what? YOU CAN! We don't officially have a PC branch yet, but that may happen if there's demand. At least a couple of us play PC games (I'm pretty sure a couple of us even have Assassin's Creed games on PC). We're actively recruiting on XBox, so if you're interested, fill out the form below and post it here, then come join us in our forums. We welcome friends and non-members of the clan there, so don't think you have to wait until you're accepted.
- Name, PSN/Gamertag:
- Age (doesn't need to be posted publicly):
- Why do you want to join the Reckoners?:
- How did you find out about us?:
- Freestyle. Why are you a good player? What do you like about how you play?:
Fill that out, join our forums, and you're well on your way to becoming one of us! There are a few ground rules, of course, but nothing too heavy (mostly).
- Most importantly, this clan is about fun. If we enjoy your company, that's the biggest step to overcome. Joining the forums once we've acknowledged your application is a MUST, if you haven't already. We want to get to know you, not just see you in-game. If anything, THIS is more important than the actual tryout (so don't panic in the tryout... although most of us did anyway, so don't feel bad if you do, either)
- Tryouts! Add our recruiting officers on PSN/Xbox LIVE after you post, and PM us when you'd like to play! (Recruiting officers will be the ones who quote your application and say "add me for a tryout" or something - also, the people with names in italics in the clan list). We basically run at least one FFA game and at least one Team game. Depending on how things go, and how well our recruiters kept track of you, we may want to run a couple more games with you before giving you an answer.
- Everyone in the clan so far enjoys teaming up with other Reckoners, so teamwork will be assessed in any Team mode we play. Funny how that works.
- The least critical aspect of your tryout is personal skill. We do expect a certain measure of competence, obviously, but being fun and proving you work well with teammates will sway us more than your 20k average per session.
- We want everyone to feel involved in the recruitment process, so we allow "vouching" - if you're already friends with a clan member, and have played a few games, don't be surprised if they invite you for a tryout. If several of us know you and think you're awesome, you may be vouched in without needing a proper tryout - we've picked up a few valued members of the clan by doing this. In general, at least one of our recruiters will want to meet you before confirming things, just to "make it official" and stuff.
- Probationary period: We've fairly recently implemented a one month probationary period before a new applicant is officially a Reckoner. Basically, we just want to get to know you a bit before you're stuck with us. If you don't feel like you fit in with us, or we don't get on as well as we hoped to with you, then you'll be free to move on with no harm done. Also, it gives us an excuse to call someone "probie" now. That's at least as important as the "sensible" reasons. In some extreme cases where a probie loves us so much they abandon their awesome real life to be with us, we might consider shortening this period a bit. Don't expect it, but take it as a compliment if we think you're awesome enough to be in the clan when we've known you for less than a month. It's also possible this period will be shortened if we've known you for a while before your application to the clan.
- When clan events are on, we won't hassle you to do anything (although you may get invite spammed). You are not required to participate, but please do from time to time. After all, playing with other people is what being a part of a clan is about. We'll tell you days in advance, and if you aren't open, no problem. We recommend that if you are a part of the Reckoners to lurk in the clan chatrooms if you are on PSN. We do want people who will be active in the clan and preferrably on the forums as well. We recommend that you get to know us before applying.
- Lastly, and probably the most serious and sensible part... We aren't a clan for boosting. We're here to have fun, and for many people, boosting spoils that. If you're looking for help getting a trophy, we'll team up with you to make the teamwork-based ones easier, and we'll give friends and clan members pointers on how to get some of the tougher ones. But we DON'T cheat for it. And we won't support people who sit down and spam stuns on one another to max out their leaderboard position. If you're part of the clan and planning to do this, just don't let us know, ok?
That title right there is a link to our forums, as is the big title at the top of the thread. Anyone is welcome to sign up for the forum, whether or not you are in any clan. We spend most of our time in our forum as opposed to the this one. We also have a "Reckoners Friend Chat" on PSN for those who aren't in the clan to get to know the rest of us in a more directly game-related setting. If you've been hanging around with us a lot, you'll probably end up with an invitation to that as well.
Real life got in the way this weekend, but I should have plenty of time to get some games in this week. I've added all the recruiters except for Demon. Can someone give me his real name? None of the options I've seen seem to work, lol..
Nevermind, I figured it out.
Last edited by StopTheMadness; 03-12-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Alive? We never went away just went quiet here. As stated before, most of the clan is in our own clan forum. Join us, we got cookies somewhere laying around and there's always Skittles. If that don't work theres cake too.