Thread: free roam dlc | Forums

free roam dlc

does anybody else think that a free roam dlc, that clears the dust in the city and open up all previous areas you have gone to would be a good idea?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by jase1998 View Post
    does anybody else think that a free roam dlc, that clears the dust in the city and open up all previous areas you have gone to would be a good idea?
    I'm not sure why that would be a good idea. All the bad guys would be dead, missions complete. Then you're just surviving just to stay in the same area and do it again. I guess it couldn't hurt, but I don't know how much fun it would be. Maybe if additional challenges were put in, like time trials or something.

I don't think so. It's an interesting adventure environment but free roam, I think would be more of a detraction to the feel of it all and make the game feel very small and empty, very fast.

I would prefer another game of similar ilk, with all the climbing and stamina/resource gameplay but with perhaps a different overall objective. It would need to be a new map, much larger than this one with much more to do. Stephen Kings Gunslinger comes to mind as good source material. Where conflict obviously plays some part, but the desolate apocolypse environments (large) are the true star of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSage View Post
    I don't think so. It's an interesting adventure environment but free roam, I think would be more of a detraction to the feel of it all and make the game feel very small and empty, very fast.

I would prefer another game of similar ilk, with all the climbing and stamina/resource gameplay but with perhaps a different overall objective. It would need to be a new map, much larger than this one with much more to do. Stephen Kings Gunslinger comes to mind as good source material. Where conflict obviously plays some part, but the desolate apocolypse environments (large) are the true star of the show.
    Why someone hasn't made a game out of The Dark Tower series is beyond me! It's perfect source material for an interesting adventure game. Just as long as they don't make it an MMO. 4 players co-op would be great, though. Roland would kick some, that's for sure. Sorry, off topic.

Yeah, just let us play the group members and explore the desolate landscape.

I'm really liking IAA the more I play it. I'm almost changing my mind about the free roam DLC. They'd need to add stuff to do though, and more AI right. DLC objective missions might work better, continue the existence and progress the story...if that's doable, I haven't finished it yet.