Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there something wrong with my computer? | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Hey guys I was wondering if there is something wrong with my computer? I have a P4 2.8, 1024 RAM (PC3200), and the 128mb RAEDEON 9800 (non-pro). I run this game at 1600x1200 no anti-aliasing, most settings at very high but some at high. I can play this game generally ok, but I do experience lag and slowdown in some areas. I was wondering if this is normal, or could it possibly be a virus which is slowing down my computer? Could anyone with similair specs tell me what graphics and frame rates you get? Thx alot. And please don't think I'm trying to brag about my computer, I'm really starting to think there may be something wrong with my computer.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey guys I was wondering if there is something wrong with my computer? I have a P4 2.8, 1024 RAM (PC3200), and the 128mb RAEDEON 9800 (non-pro). I run this game at 1600x1200 no anti-aliasing, most settings at very high but some at high. I can play this game generally ok, but I do experience lag and slowdown in some areas. I was wondering if this is normal, or could it possibly be a virus which is slowing down my computer? Could anyone with similair specs tell me what graphics and frame rates you get? Thx alot. And please don't think I'm trying to brag about my computer, I'm really starting to think there may be something wrong with my computer.

well u can try to run a few addware romovers like spybot and addwar becouse spy wear will slow you down.also do a bench mark with 3Dmark 03 and post results. with your specs i wouldnt think you would have any slow down but this game is very demanding so it is posable. when run 3dmark be sure to cut of aa and a.s ect. and turn off vsinc pepole here should be able to tell u if you pc is running right by your score
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Fordfan25:So Mr Oleg,When is the new patch with the -4 corsair to be released?

Oleg:We are not planing a new moddle of corsair. We are now working on BoB.

Fordfan25: #$%# this Bob guy i want my sair.
    -------------

Ok, thanks alot, do you know where I can get 3D Mark? Well, I played FarCry and recorded some of my framerates. I played the first 2 levels, so heres what I got...

Indoor areas (no fighting) 20-40 fps
    Indoor areas (intense fighting) 12-16 fps
    Outdoor areas (no fighting) 18-22 fps
    Outdoor areas (intense fighting) 16-20 fps

3DMark03 free download.

enojy!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America!

"Those who have long enjoyed such priveleges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." --Franklin D. Roosevelt
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...that's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a hull and a deck and sails--that's what a ship needs. But what a ship is...is freed

i would turn down the res one... jsut my opinion but it will help and wont look that bad, hey play at 800x600 everyhting low and i think it looks good... just dont underestemate the power FC needs and what your rig can do

---
    Sex on the T.V. can't hurt... unless you fall off
    ----

Sex on the T.V. can't hurt... unless you fall off

My system is very similar.

p4-2.8
    512 DDR 400
    9800 pro, 256

The game runs significantly better for me, although I play on 1024x768

Try turning down shadows, as that had a nice impact on my computer, and check out the tweakguide you can find in these forums. Also, I would suggest you reinstall your vid drivers by the directions you find there.

I average over 70 fps, exceeding 100 most of the time as a reference.

Turning the resolution down a couple of notches should resolve your issues. Unless you have one of the next-gen cards (X800 or 6800) you're not gonna run smooth at 1600X1200.

Thanks alot guys. I tried lowering my resolution from 1600X1200 to 1152X864 and I did get a drastic FPS increase. Heres what I got...

Indoor (no fighting) 50-70 fps
    Indoor (intense fighting) 25-35 fps
    Outdoor (no fighting) 30-50 fps
    Outdoor (intense fighting) 20-35 fps

Although these results are much better, I still think that my computer should be able to produce better framerates. I'm going to run 3D Mark 03 and see what I get. And another quick question, if I was to upgrade one part of my computer, what would you recommend? Again, my specs are...

P4 2.8
    1024 RAM (PC3200)
    128mb Radeon 9800 (non-pro)

Thx alot

Probably the video card. Let's see what you get in 3DMark. That 9800 Non-pro...is it an SE version?

Just as comparison: I have a 2.4 1 gig ram (PC2700) with a 9700Pro. I get just a little over 5K with 3Dmark. This is with NO overclocking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast