Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GRO First Person view (camera swap?) | Forums

GRO First Person view (camera swap?)

Is this over the shoulder view the only one we will have in the release? Personally it's almost a gamebreaker for me. I've been playing shooters since Doom/Quake/Rainbow 6/Ghost Recon and I definitely would find it hard to accept this camera view in game.

Well it grows on you!

you do realize a first person view would make cover system a bit useless imo

Well - not entirely useless (think about the lean feature in Crysis 2), but I think it doesn't fit well with the entire concept.

Quote Originally Posted by faithlesskobra View Post
    you do realize a first person view would make cover system a bit useless imo
    Yeah well--how about ONLY putting you in that point of view when needed instead of all the time. There should at least be an option for you to switch views.

silly COD request.

Quote Originally Posted by suprhero View Post
    silly COD request.
    Seriously? I take it you didn't actually READ my post. How old are you anyway--12?

Did I mention COD..? I mentioned Quake. Doom, Rainbow 6 (the original FYI) and Ghost Recon (the original)

I don't play COD although my 17 year old son does. I prefer Battlefield.

Back under the bridge with you troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue_Redneck View Post
    Yeah well--how about ONLY putting you in that point of view when needed instead of all the time. There should at least be an option for you to switch views.
    I dunno, man. I think you'd be robbing yourself of some pretty well done sliding, rolling, and diving animations by playing in first person. Not only that, you'd also be at a constant line of sight disadvantage. Seems pretty untacticool to me.
    Last edited by Kenokam; 03-11-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: incorrect term

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue_Redneck View Post
    Seriously? I take it you didn't actually READ my post. How old are you anyway--12?

Did I mention COD..? I mentioned Quake. Doom, Rainbow 6 (the original FYI) and Ghost Recon (the original)

I don't play COD although my 17 year old son does. I prefer Battlefield.

Back under the bridge with you troll.

Silly 12 year old comment, you belong on COD

I personally feel like you should expect this view, as it IS a third person shooter, not a first person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast