Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: ACIII Multiplayer Suggestions? | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

I'm sorry, but all of these ideas to weaken roofing are just terrible as it will make smoke bomb EVEN MORE OVERPOWERED. It will be renamed Smoke Nuke. If they weaken the only method to avoid smoke bomb, you will not catch me playing AC3 multiplayer at all.
    - The Drop Stun Master -

AC3 Winter Wars Co-Host (Domination), ACR MTM Manhunt Tournament Champion, AC4 shoutcaster.
    Check my YouTube channel for AC4 multiplayer videos, among other things. http://www.youtube.com/ChachiMcSwaqq
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

When it comes to roofing, there doesn't need to be a point drain or anything stupid like that. It's poor ideas like these that lead Ubisoft into making the multiplayer an overbearingly noob-friendly experience.

The more you limit the potential of your players, the more you encourage them to play in an idiotic, rabid manner, and by cutting out the things that experienced players can spot and use fairly quickly to their advantage, you're denying any new players from discovering that for themselves and playing better and more efficiently as a result.

For instance, while it is an understandable concept that people should stick to the ground, the out of LOS (Line of Sight) meter drain that someone (quite wrongly) thought would help did nothing of the sort, and all it does is punish players who attempt to build their meters up when faced against a player who is free to run and jump around, all because their target isn't near or they don't care for getting a good kill.

You would have thought that once they leave the line of sight, any progress you've made in building it up should freeze so that you can get back to their line of sight and build it up more, or flank them for the kill points you've accumulated.

When it comes to a reasonable handicap for players on the rooftops, you can't force them to stay off, but by making the rate at which their meter builds slower, at least you can give more of a benefit to staying on the ground. As it does now, running around on rooftops where their targets can see them would drain a player's meter based on their high profile movements, which is more likely, considering they have more of a scope to see but be spotted, while requiring them to be on the rooftop longer to get a decent kill (whereas dropping down to follow them would be more optimal).
    Last edited by Serrachio; 04-09-2012 at 03:00 PM.

XBL: Saracchio
    PSN: Saracchio
    Assassin's Creed Wiki: Slate Vesper

Quote Originally Posted by IceOnFire223 View Post
    I understand the theory, but if that was a change, exposing your pursuer would need to go away as well. The expose function is the reason stealth doesn't exist in Assassinate. They can just stay away from everyone and lock random civilians until it pops up which one is their pursuer, and then you're all the way down to reckless. Can't run or you'll start a chase, and there's no way you could walk up to someone and kill them if they knew who you were.
    This wouldn't work since you can't release a lock. He would have to kill the NPC first, leaving him vulnerable for an attack.

I'd just like to say that this is only my opinion that I'm stating, so people are free to tell me why I could be wrong on some points, but I won't consider what you have to say as valid if it's basically "You're an idiot and you don't know anything."

I believe there should be a period of time between exposing players in Assassinate, as when you acquire a target, they can just spam the lock but.ton on you. Not only does this nearly force a player into a chase if they make the slightest of movements, your target can also just annoy the ever living crap out of you as the game announces "Your target has exposed you" over and over.

Also, if you dare to unlock them, they'll get you as a target, and then all it boils down to is a pointless lock battle. I don't get how most people can call it skilful to jig around like a madman and mash away at the lock but.ton, all because two players have made themselves obvious to each other.

I'd just prefer it if players weren't notified that they'd been targeted, aside from the regular pursuer assignment noise and the red triangle in the upper left corner of the screen. All that happens now in ACR Assassinate is that people full-on sprint into the distance when they glow red, all because you've located them and they're not aware of your location, which is kind of irritating if I've locked them for an Aerial Kill and they bolt out of my range.

I'm not against anyone who's actually seen me and moved out my way, but it's kind of stupid that all because the game has made it blatantly obvious to someone clueless, I have to lose out on a kill.

If this was implemented in some manner, at least giving players Incognitos from the start could be plausible, or it would allow a player to earn them easier, which would be an improvement in my view.

Also, what's up with the whole "high-profile" auto-lock that the game has? I'm aware what it does in other modes, but in Assassinate, it's just a burden. I feel that it's counter-productive to not allow me to lock onto a player who I've identified in my close proximity, all because someone else wants to be "hurr durr, I'mma Assassin, watch me run."

All it means is that I'm left fumbling around and wasting my abilities to secure a kill that I shouldn't have to use them for, because of an ineffective game mechanic.
    Last edited by Serrachio; 04-09-2012 at 07:05 PM.

XBL: Saracchio
    PSN: Saracchio
    Assassin's Creed Wiki: Slate Vesper

People trying to change Assassinate? Please, stop that already. Nonsense.

The "New PoP Deathbringers" Team My Twitter/PSN: Ted95On
    "Beauty slept and angels wept for her immortal soul, in this response all evil chose to claim her for their very own."

As for giving incognito's from the start, it could work like this:
    Gives incognito if you were hidden for X amount of time, starts at silent if you were in low-profile for X amount of time, starts at discrete if you are were doing anything high-profile when locking or just before that. If you are on a roof in low-profile it can still give you a silent, if the person didn't see you it was his own fault. I think that this will allow more playstyles in assassinate, instead of having to run around like a mad man to get high scores.

Removing the notification when you're targeted seems a good idea to me. But maybe give a notification when you have been targeted for a while and your pursuer is in close proximity that entire time.

never thought I would say this but! OMG! I hope Ubisoft dont take any notice of msot fo these ideas on this thread! aprt from!....

1. Fix obvious glitches before release
    2. Remove `vote for game type` and kicking into another game type other than what person has chosen
    3. Remove stun prompts
    4. Do not release purchase MAP PACKS or anything that will split player base! MAPS should always be free

the rest should be left to Ubisoft, given the nonsense ideas on this thread which is mostly full of Smoke bomb and roofer wingers! AC is built on freerunning and deversion tactics! hence why they are in the MP! any suggestion of punishing roofing and weakening SB is mental! and I only hope Ubi laugh at you! go and play something else or design your own ****ing game!
    The fake-phony-unreal-loki

Quote Originally Posted by beewood View Post
    This wouldn't work since you can't release a lock. He would have to kill the NPC first, leaving him vulnerable for an attack.
    If locks were un-releasable they would need to do some EXTREME fixing of the lock system, because I lock the wrong person by accident at least 10 times in a match and you can't avoid it with stupid **** like the auto high profile lock.
    - The Drop Stun Master -

AC3 Winter Wars Co-Host (Domination), ACR MTM Manhunt Tournament Champion, AC4 shoutcaster.
    Check my YouTube channel for AC4 multiplayer videos, among other things. http://www.youtube.com/ChachiMcSwaqq

Quote Originally Posted by THE_REAL_LOKi View Post
    never thought I would say this but! OMG! I hope Ubisoft dont take any notice of msot fo these ideas on this thread! aprt from!....

1. Fix obvious glitches before release
    2. Remove `vote for game type` and kicking into another game type other than what person has chosen
    3. Remove stun prompts
    4. Do not release purchase MAP PACKS or anything that will split player base! MAPS should always be free

the rest should be left to Ubisoft, given the nonsense ideas on this thread which is mostly full of Smoke bomb and roofer wingers! AC is built on freerunning and deversion tactics! hence why they are in the MP! any suggestion of punishing roofing and weakening SB is mental! and I only hope Ubi laugh at you! go and play something else or design your own ****ing game!
    I agree with not punishing roofers, but anyone who calls the idea of weakening the disgustingly overpowered smoke bomb "mental" has to rely on smoke bomb waaaaayyy too much in their own playstyle.

Sorry for double post, mods. I'm working on learning the new quoting thing.
    - The Drop Stun Master -

Make AC3 just like ACB and you got yourself a good game
    Comparing AC:B manhunt to AC:3 manhunt is like comparing Michael Jordan to Detlef Schrempf.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ThaFazzzzzz/videos?view=0

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast