Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith USB cable and Windows PC - how to make it work ? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Few tips for you guys..

always use a USB socket on the board and not on a USB hub or front panel connector.

update you system board with the latest chipset drivers.

try not to plug anything else on the same bus as the real tone cable or plug everything else in a powered USB hub.

for windows 7 user check that unsigned driver install is set to allow or prompt ( prompt would be better for security reasons )

unplug any unnesseary usb devices ( memory stick, external hdd that are not needed like backup drives, phones, camera media players and so on )
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow_Melos View Post
    Few tips for you guys..

always use a USB socket on the board and not on a USB hub or front panel connector.

update you system board with the latest chipset drivers.

try not to plug anything else on the same bus as the real tone cable or plug everything else in a powered USB hub.

for windows 7 user check that unsigned driver install is set to allow or prompt ( prompt would be better for security reasons )

unplug any unnesseary usb devices ( memory stick, external hdd that are not needed like backup drives, phones, camera media players and so on )
    Hello. I made everything what u said, but it's not working :S any more tip?

My cable is plugged directly into the front USB and works/shows up as connected. Only problem I have is that sometimes the game won't start if the cable is already plugged in, so I have to unplug, start game and then reconnect.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathchild68 View Post
    My cable is plugged directly into the front USB and works/shows up as connected. Only problem I have is that sometimes the game won't start if the cable is already plugged in, so I have to unplug, start game and then reconnect.
    Still doesn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by moregergely9909 View Post
    Still doesn't work...
    Have you looked at the FAQ's? http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...tion-and-FAQ-s
    At the bottom is a special section for the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable with directions. It is also in the Troubleshooting at the very end.

Problem: When I plug in my Rocksmith Real Tone Cable, it doesn’t show up or Windows has trouble starting the device.
    Solutions: Make sure that the USB port that you’re plugging the cable into is providing enough power to the cable and configured for Full Speed (12Mbit/s) or faster. Make sure that the Rocksmith cable is being listed in the “Recording” tab of the Sound control panel. If the cable is being recognized by Windows, then the game should be able to access it.
    For best results, plug the Rocksmith cable directly into a powered USB port on your PC.

My machine says it supplies 500 milliamps per port so power shouldnt be a problem and is setup as per the faq. Rocksmith sometimes disconnects even during a song requiring some fiddling to get going again. All ports say they are running full speed. It seems the cable is recognised better if I unplug the mouse and keyboard, using Bluetooth versions instead.

Makes pine for the ps3 reliability!

There also appears to be a latency between striking a note and hearing the sound in rocksmith has a small delay. Enough to make playing difficult. I don't think I hadthis problem on the PS3 version.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by moregergely9909 View Post
    hello i bought a real tone table.
    I plugged in my pc in every usb port but it always says "UNKNOWN DEVICE"
    nothing appear on sounds, recordings.
    only "unknown device".
    I tryed to plug in 1 another pc and 2 laptop, every says "unknown device".
    I installed demo... same problem.(no driver installed?)
    is there a problem with that ........... cable?
    or what? i'm angry.

pls help

Hello all, i went to the shop and exchanged the cable, it does work.
    If u have same problem, the Cable is
    DEFECTIVE PRODUCTR!

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfire22_501 View Post
    I have tried plugging the Rocksmith USB cable into my Win7-64 PC which is "supposed" to work. Unfortunately I see this error message instead. Any ideas ? Error code of the driver is a very generic "cannot start"

I have the same problem and i dont know how to make it work

Quote Originally Posted by predalien23 View Post
    I have the same problem and i dont know how to make it work
    Have you tried "ALL" USb ports on your computer? Including behind the PC and if its a desktop the ones on the motherboard?

the port with 500mA is an USB3.0 port which might cause problems.

an USB 2.0 port only has 200mA output so try one of those.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast