Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith USB cable and Windows PC - how to make it work ? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith USB cable and Windows PC - how to make it work ?

I have tried plugging the Rocksmith USB cable into my Win7-64 PC which is "supposed" to work. Unfortunately I see this error message instead. Any ideas ? Error code of the driver is a very generic "cannot start"

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hmmm... I haven't had any issues just pluging my cable in and it just automatically being recognized. I do find it interesting that it is naming the device "hocksmit."

Edit: I should have mentioned that I also run Win7 64-bit. At home I have the Home Professional version and at work it's Win7 Enterprise. I haven't ever plugged the cable in to my work PC, but have no reason to think it wouldn't work for either edition. Maybe something is bad with the cable?
    Last edited by deiussum1; 03-09-2012 at 11:05 PM.
    XBL: Deiussum

ya it worked for me right away too. It downloads the drivers and never had any issues. have you tried it on a different computer to make sure the issue is with the cable? or try another usb port

Sorry for the very brief thread jack, but how is RS on the PC? I didn't even realize it was out. I thought it was delayed until May.

ya its still delayed till may hes just talking about hooking up the rocksmith cable to the pc for recording purposes or just playing guitar though the pc

edit: I assume thats what he wants to use it for :P
    Last edited by Jeramy_117; 03-09-2012 at 11:39 PM.

I had the same issue, but by unplugging/replugging, it worked... (on Windows 7)
    Another PC mistery.

Yup- I was planning to use it with AmpliTube 3 for playback on PC.
    I have given up playing RS on PS3 due to the loading times- might as well do something productive with the cable

I have the same issue with the demo. Windows 7 x64. Downloaded last night.

I have the same problem. To make it work I just skip installing the driver (because it always fails) and keep plugging/unplugging until it works. Usually it takes between 3 and 10 attempts. It never worked on the first try for me.

To see if it worked, before going into the game I open the "Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers" screen and wait around 20 seconds, if it fails it will show the warning over the Icon of the cable. If it fails I disconnect and wait few seconds and then connect again, if it works there will be a new entry in "Sound > Recording Devices", for me it's called USB microphone or something like that.

I downloaded last night, and everything installed and played great.

Actually I plugged the cable in before the download was even done, and Windows 7 installed a driver, and it was labeled Rocksmith audio device, in the device manager.

Yeah, a lot of USB devices want you to install their SW before plugging in the device, but the RS cable worked fine before the SW install.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast