Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (SPOILERS) Your Opinion On The Ending? | Forums

If you look closely at the photo in his apartment at the beginning of the game, you will notice his wife and daughter have dark hair. The woman watching the video has blonde hair. This could mean that the person watching the video is a random survivor or it could be his daughter many years later. If you look closely you will see there's also a stuffed toy rabbit in the room where the lady is watching the video.

All in all I loved the game and im hoping for some DLC as the ending really left a lot unresolved.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Was one of the best games I've ever played when I started playing, it had everything needed of making a great franchise. After all those good deeds helping people and obstacles I was very disappointed with the ending, shows a random character supposedly grieving over the protagonists stuff...where is his body? what happens to henry? dont cheat the customers like that please, that was the most half assed finish to a game I've ever seen. I understand ubisoft prides themselves on making mature games but that ending was total rubbish. first prince of persia now this, please make a full sequal or in the very least some DLC.

I finished the game without hiccups/bugs but was extremely disappointed in the ending. I'd have to assume that the original intent was to have a sequel but from what I've read so far--and I'm not going to read any more--this is it and how disappointing is that?! I hate dark or black endings even if there is going to be a sequel or DLC. A good ending would have rated a 5 out of 5 for the game; this gets a 3 I am so pissed off once again at this stupid industry. A perfect example of why I will NEVER pay full price for a game but will wait for steep discounts. F Y Ubisoft!
    Last edited by Flora-Steel; 06-14-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    --Flora Steel--

Quote Originally Posted by KenTWOu View Post
    Agreed, but they should close Henry's story arc. Moreover, from a narrative standpoint (gameplay was awesome) the final chapter looks and sounds weird. Both Linda and Mei almost forgot about Henry when they saw the boat. And the boat went so fast without a good reason. It feels like a rushed ending. As I said they should close at least Henry's story arc!
    They probably should have but the vagueness and ambiguity of the ending just seemed to fit the overall tone of the game to me. It did seem rushed at the ending, them getting on the boat and leaving so abruptly but I think that is how it might really have come about. The opportunity for escape presents itself and all of sudden it's decision time and no real time for goodbyes or anything...just time existence and the pursuit of survival forcing things on in an uncomfortable manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Souverng View Post
    I don't know why you didn't like the ending, for me it was the perfect ending for such game. Game was all about the ''reality'' i think. A great disaster, a man who seeks his wife & daughter and bad men all around after ''the event''.
    Yeah, I think it fit very well.

What i understand from the ending is; Mei & her mother get on that boat, go to a safe place. They meet Adam's (protagonist) wife & daughter there, you know they left the city in the beginning of the event. And his wife turns back, looks for him and bam, he's dead trying to find them. She finds the camera, watches the story.

I believe there will be an ''I am Alive 2'' and we'll play as his wife who seeks Adam. Or maybe a short DLC which explains how Adam dies.

Maybe the name of game is specifically chosen ''i am alive'', maybe Adam is still alive
    Well I don't think it was his Wife but probably another survivor that Adam helped during his search for his loved ones. The thing that made him special was that he held on to his humanity when everyone else abandoned theirs and that suggests to me that someone he helped would feel great sorrow and sadness to see one of the few remaining good guys lost to the struggle.
    (Hopefully he was just missing and presumed dead).

Would be cool to play the other side of the coin in IAA2.

Quote Originally Posted by Flora-Steel View Post
    I finished the game without hiccups/bugs but was extremely disappointed in the ending. I'd have to assume that the original intent was to have a sequel but from what I've read so far--and I'm not going to read any more--this is it and how disappointing is that?! I hate dark or black endings even if there is going to be a sequel or DLC. A good ending would have rated a 5 out of 5 for the game; this gets a 3 I am so pissed off once again at this stupid industry. A perfect example of why I will NEVER pay full price for a game but will wait for steep discounts. F Y Ubisoft!
    Well don't watch 'The Road' then...or any of the Zombie movies, they are not for you
    I honestly disagree about the ending being disappointing though. Sad yes, but the game was presented in such a realistic fashion in every way, from the stamina gauge when climbing or breathing the poison air, through the real feelings of human weakness in the combat mechanics onto the grim and gritty details of the narrative as it progressed.
    The story started out very vaguely and continued that way through to the end. I really think the ending was in direct balance with the rest of the experience and really is something the game should be credited for.

The fact that it has made so many people who played it feel sadness and regret, or lack of fulfillment kind of echoes the sentiment that this game made an impact specifically because of it's unapologetic nature regarding the story telling (IMO).
    Great game for me, 5 out of 5 fo sho.

Would love a follow up, especially a full length one.
    Last edited by SolidSage; 06-14-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123