Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you to whoever made the change to the R6 Patroits team | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dcopymope View Post
    As I pointed out before, the sales for these games show that the majority of those that has ever played any Tom Clancy game always was those that are called "hardcore". From the first Rainbow Six to the Vegas games, the casual fanbase, meaning everyone else made up so little of the unit sales so as to be insignificant. Of course the team charged with developing the game comes up with the ideas, but the buck doesn't stop with the creative director, he has a boss to answer to as well. As I said before, every company has policies, and if the production of a product or a specific idea within it isnt in line with that policy in any way, then it is scrapped pure and simple. What is being removed, added or kept for Patriots remains to be seen, whether Sears is there or not. I'm hoping that whats removed is the cheap gameplay mechanics described in the Game Informer magazine like the scanner that magically sees through walls and the indicator that tells you if you have been spotted. Anything that holds my hand, treats me like a ****** has got to go.
    Well I don't think that is how it happens, I don't believe the tops are the ones who make the ideas, so still the Creative Director is the one who makes those shots, his boss only care about the game looking great, playing smoothly, and making alot of money, nothing more, and nothing less.

As for the features you mentioned, I don't mind them going away, but a better solution is to keep them while disabling them on Hard Difficulty, that way you can attract new players and be casual friendly, while at the same time giving the hardcore their full experience, it is about balance.

I really don't care how much you enjoyed Future Soldier when it comes to down it, just don't insult my intelligence by calling it a Ghost Recon game.
    & I don't care if you don't think it is not a Ghost Recon game
    It is really simple, I am not insulting your intelligence by calling it Ghost Recon, I have my opinion to say if it is a GR game or not, same debate happened over Splinter Cell Conviction, and guess what, I still call it Splinter Cell, an integral part of the series, you don't agree, that's fine, but we have freedom of speech, as long as I don't directly insult you.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-x View Post
    Sears was the creative director which means he had priority when the team was coming up with and implementing ideas. The only people he had to listen to were the Ubisoft commissioners which were the people who oversaw the projects to make sure development went smoothly. But even so, Sears still had enough legroom to create a vision and game of his own so there is good reasoning to think that many of the features that Sears described would have made it into the game if he was still at the helm of the project.
    +1

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by iiQuiick zShotz View Post
    Please do not mess this game up. I am a rainbow six vegas one & two. The gameplay is one of the reasons i buy your games. & dont add stuff that doesnt need to be in there.
    Are you on drugs?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with strange aeons even death may die.

Goblingee

Twitter
    @goblingee

Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/goblingee

Spartacus Legends Community Manager EvilPixieGrrr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingee View Post
    Are you on drugs?
    What should be asked: Was saying this constructive? No. So why say it?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilPixieGrrr View Post
    What should be asked: Was saying this constructive? No. So why say it?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just a reminder.
    Vegas 2 was messed up and 5 years later still needs patching, we paid for that game and have had no support since and even at the time there was very little com back from UBI and play on servers that constantly crash with people that use all sorts of cheats as they did from day 1 with little update and no new maps, editors or SDK, why would anyone want a repeat of that?

@ iiQuiick zShotz Sorry mate, no offense but I am frustrated at UBI not at you, I don't think you are on drugs even if you might me so no hard feelings eh.

The fact is that UBI are not even communicating with us now on Patriots, have not communicated with us regarding previous games that probably only sold because they carried the name of a previously fantastic franchise and undoubtably do not intend to communicate in the future.

The fact that one of the threads in this forum is "terrorism hits home" or words to that effect, when terrorism already hit home in Vegas 1 and 2 looks like UBI are trying to diss-own the game or deny it ever existed, if they cant remember the fact the Terrorism already hit home in the loose representation of the franchise then what does that say for future possibilities? or could it be that they are forgetting about that one and are going back to routes and actually making a Rainbow Six game? (please) (although as rainbow six is an international team I don't think the word Patriots works, also I cant imagine Terrorists having a go at Hereford I have been there and short of bombing WH Smith and going for a beer there would not be much for them to do there)

At least we should be given the respect of an Alpha/Beta without having to pay for it as we have done with Future Soldier.

And in answer to your question "was it constructive" yes it was constructive as it got the attention of UBI who might like to answer some of the questions put to them by their clients.

However as I stated before iiQuiick zShotz sorry for being mean.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with strange aeons even death may die.

Goblingee

Twitter
    @goblingee

Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/goblingee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12