Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you to whoever made the change to the R6 Patroits team | Forums

Thank you to whoever made the change to the R6 Patroits team

From a die hard old school Rainbow Six fan. There are plenty of us out there, and we'll all shell out our hard earned money for a worthy sequel. Rainbow Six 1, 2, Raven Shield are still some of my favorite games. There are thousands of fans of Rainbow Six eager to play the latest and greatest R6 games. But please take your time and make it right. We'll wait, I promise.

ps please please please don't make it anything like CoD. You guys have a great formula, stick to it! Because perhaps in 5 years, devs and publishers will be saying "**** did you see how many copies the new Rainbow Six game sold? We gotta make our game as a tactical shooter simulation like there!" Because sooner or later, someone is gonna make the next hot game, and CoD will be an afterthought (See Doom, Quake etc.) Wouldn't it be nice if that game was Rainbow Six!?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

And you know what BLOWS my mind. Ubi is potentially sitting on a GOLD mine. Assassins Creeds is there best selling recent game. Rainbow Six has the potential to blows those sales figures away. ** if done correctly **. CoD and BF3 sales shows there is a enormous market for military shooters. Sooner probably then later those gamers are going to get sick of those games. A lot of CoD fans are already stating they are wanting something new and are sick of the same ol same ol. BF3 isn't superior to BF2 yet it still sold a ton of copies. Just imagine if Ubi hit a grand slam, made they game we truly wanted to see. They done it before, the early Rainbow Six games sold 25 MILLION copies, before the CoD and BF3 days of today. Just imagine what those #'s would look like today. Ubi you have failed us, in turn you have lost millions. So what are you gonna do about it? I dare you to make a proper kick *** tactical shooter I know your capable of making. It's a win-win scenario, so step up to the plate. Get it done, you've taken the first steps. Let's see where this goes. Eidos has successfully pulls this off with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Can you?

To ALL Ubisoft Members

Please do not mess this game up. I am a rainbow six vegas one & two. The gameplay is one of the reasons i buy your games. & dont add stuff that doesnt need to be in there.

Actually changing the team was the worse decision ever made, Sears had a true vision of tactical game, that can have a middle ground between Casual Players and Hardcore Players, but probably the newer version will look much worse.

Anyway before you let yourself into a big disappointment I will tell you this, you won't be getting a pure hardcore game like the old R6 titles, if you think otherwise then you are fooling yourself, Ubi is expanding it's fan base to cater more players, for better or worse that is an OPINION.

Also are you sure about the 25 Million Copies ?!, I know VG Chartz isn't the most credible source, but it says the sum of every game ((counting Vegas Series too)) is 15 Million, anyway COD sells around 30 Million copies for one single game, and that's what every publisher is going for, all of them want high sales, it is business after all.

As for Deus Ex Human Revolution it was indeed an AMAZING game, but here is the thing, it hold balance between being stealth and action, you had the option to either go full action or go full stealth, so they included the action players as well, that's is what Ubi will be doing, they will include more action players one way or another.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Scrapping the Sears team was a beyond horrible decision. Now we don't even know if anything stated in the gameinformer magazine is still even there.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-x View Post
    Scrapping the Sears team was a beyond horrible decision. Now we don't even know if anything stated in the gameinformer magazine is still even there.
    Last time Ubi said the vision is still intact, but I fail to see how, how can the keep someone's else vision while removing his whole team !!!, I guess we will find about how R6P looks like in E3-2013

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_monier View Post
    Last time Ubi said the vision is still intact, but I fail to see how, how can the keep someone's else vision while removing his whole team !!!, I guess we will find about how R6P looks like in E3-2013
    The only people that was removed was Sears and three other guys. Regardless of who we think is the lead developer for the game, he doesn't own Ubi Soft, so therefore he will make the game the way Ubi Soft wants them to make it. We associate what was promised in the Game Informer magazine as Sears vision when it wasn't. Last Ive seen the Rainbow Six brand belongs to Ubi Soft, not Sears. Whatever word he uttered out of his mouth represents the company he works for, its not coming from him, so it was never his vision in the first place. Also, I don't think we'll have to wait until next years E3 for some gameplay footage or at the very least more news, but than again, the same thing happened to Future Soldier as well which turned out to be absolute garbage.
    Last edited by Dcopymope; 07-18-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcopymope View Post
    The only people that was removed was Sears and three other guys. Regardless of who we think is the lead developer for the game, he doesn't own Ubi Soft, so therefore he will make the game the way Ubi Soft wants them to make it.
    Agree.

We associate what was promised in the Game Informer magazine as Sears vision when it wasn't. Last Ive seen the Rainbow Six brand belongs to Ubi Soft, not Sears. Whatever word he uttered out of his mouth represents the company he works for, its not coming from him, so it was never his vision in the first place.
    Disagree, he was the creative director I believe, so the creative ideas and how the game plays comes from him, so it is his vision, Ubi own the brand, back in the day the players were all hardcore and the devs vision was hardcore, then Ubi wanted more fans and the new Devs came up with Vegas series, and now Sears came with his own vision of how the game would be like, he would have created balance, so it is not like Ubi tops comes up with the ideas, they say what they want and the developer team is the one at hard work, so again it is Sears vision.

Also, I don't think we'll have to wait until next years E3 for some gameplay footage or at the very least more news, but than again, the same thing happened to Future Soldier as well which turned out to be absolute garbage.
    I think I will disagree on GRFS, I enjoyed the game alot, still playing it to this day, it is an amazing well made game, except Ubisoft servers problems, but aside from that, I totally enjoyed the SP Campaign.

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Disagree, he was the creative director I believe, so the creative ideas and how the game plays comes from him, so it is his vision, Ubi own the brand, back in the day the players were all hardcore and the devs vision was hardcore, ]then Ubi wanted more fans and the new Devs came up with Vegas series, and now Sears came with his own vision of how the game would be like, he would have created balance, so it is not like Ubi tops comes up with the ideas, they say what they want and the developer team is the one at hard work, so again it is Sears vision.
    As I pointed out before, the sales for these games show that the majority of those that has ever played any Tom Clancy game always was those that are called "hardcore". From the first Rainbow Six to the Vegas games, the casual fanbase, meaning everyone else made up so little of the unit sales so as to be insignificant. Of course the team charged with developing the game comes up with the ideas, but the buck doesn't stop with the creative director, he has a boss to answer to as well. As I said before, every company has policies, and if the production of a product or a specific idea within it isnt in line with that policy in any way, then it is scrapped pure and simple. What is being removed, added or kept for Patriots remains to be seen, whether Sears is there or not. I'm hoping that whats removed is the cheap gameplay mechanics described in the Game Informer magazine like the scanner that magically sees through walls and the indicator that tells you if you have been spotted. Anything that holds my hand, treats me like a ****** has got to go.

I think I will disagree on GRFS, I enjoyed the game alot, still playing it to this day, it is an amazing well made game, except Ubisoft servers problems, but aside from that, I totally enjoyed the SP Campaign.
    I really don't care how much you enjoyed Future Soldier when it comes to down it, just don't insult my intelligence by calling it a Ghost Recon game.

Sears was the creative director which means he had priority when the team was coming up with and implementing ideas. The only people he had to listen to were the Ubisoft commissioners which were the people who oversaw the projects to make sure development went smoothly. But even so, Sears still had enough legroom to create a vision and game of his own so there is good reasoning to think that many of the features that Sears described would have made it into the game if he was still at the helm of the project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast