Thread: chessmasterXIonline??? | Forums

chessmasterXIonline???

What hapen with chessmater XI online? and how I can search the files PGN of the users online? its death the site?

Wondering too. Cos I can't login now. The other day I could login. Now it's saying Could not log on to the lobby server! The client is incompatible with the server. I am pretty sure it's not my ports or anything being blocked, as this has started happening for some weeks now. I guess Ubisoft don't care about the Chessmaster online servers anymore.

Unhappy

I can't login now too. (client is incompatible with the server) - (error 50) I have all patches installed. Earlier all worked in Windows 7.
    Last edited by Apocryf; 03-13-2012 at 08:26 PM.

What's happened .... I could LOG IN before, and now, I am unable. Can someone please explain what's happening ???

Sombody wrote to support ubisoft about that?
    I wrote and they answered to me that I must try install all patches. I have all patches and game doesn't work online. I can't login.

Just purchased Chessmaster 11 yesterday and having the same issue. Installed and the game automatically updated to 1.02. Login Error 50 ( Client Incompatible with Server). So I uninstalled and applied Patch manually this time. Got the same result with error 50. Tried again today still getting error 50.

Yes. I have added an exception in my firewall for the game and all my ports are open.

They better get the server up soon. I bought this game specifically for online play. It would be false advertising if online play is permanently down.

But what do you expect from a 5 year old game? As a gamer you should know that old games have their servers usually shut down. There are very few old games that don't have the servers shut down. It's not really false advertisement because online worked. Ubisoft can't suddenly clear from the back of the game boxes that online no longer functions.

As I stated in your other thread Ubisoft are no exception. Other game companies like Codemasters have shut down the Race Driver Grid servers on all platforms. EA Sports cancel online servers for all their sports titles that are more than 2 years old.

CM11 is supposed to be a game that teaches you to become a better chess player, it's not a game that's really designed for Multiplayer! Online is a bonus for this game. When I bought it in 2007 my sole purpose was to become a better player. Reading Josh Waitzkin tutorials, etc. And if you think about it, what more would you have expected from online in this game compared to online chess sites like chess.com? The only difference you were going to see is a shiny 3D chess set with better graphics and a few animated chess pieces/sets everything else remains the same just like online chess sites.

Even if the servers are up. You will still be disappointed from the multiplayer. As ranked matches don't record in your stats when completed, fewer to no players online, clan and tournaments are virtually dead. You should've came on the forum and asked the questions before rushing to purchase the game from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by BLaZiNgSPEED View Post
    But what do you expect from a 5 year old game? As a gamer you should know that old games have their servers usually shut down. There are very few old games that don't have the servers shut down. It's not really false advertisement because online worked. Ubisoft can't suddenly clear from the back of the game boxes that online no longer functions.

As I stated in your other thread Ubisoft are no exception. Other game companies like Codemasters have shut down the Race Driver Grid servers on all platforms. EA Sports cancel online servers for all their sports titles that are more than 2 years old.

CM11 is supposed to be a game that teaches you to become a better chess player, it's not a game that's really designed for Multiplayer! Online is a bonus for this game. When I bought it in 2007 my sole purpose was to become a better player. Reading Josh Waitzkin tutorials, etc. And if you think about it, what more would you have expected from online in this game compared to online chess sites like chess.com? The only difference you were going to see is a shiny 3D chess set with better graphics and a few animated chess pieces/sets everything else remains the same just like online chess sites.

Even if the servers are up. You will still be disappointed from the multiplayer. As ranked matches don't record in your stats when completed, fewer to no players online, clan and tournaments are virtually dead. You should've came on the forum and asked the questions before rushing to purchase the game from Amazon.
    If the company had decided to abandon the online portion of the game then they should've stopped all sales or changed how it is being advertised for sale. Ubisoft is obviously a very dishonest company.