Thread: Technical problem trifecta: bad performance, lo-fi audio, red bar pings | Forums

Technical problem trifecta: bad performance, lo-fi audio, red bar pings

I like the game itself a lot but these problems make it very hard to enjoy it.

Video: I suspect this has to do with my AMD CPU. I read something about that being a known issue at the help center. Just thought I'd bring it up anyway. I get 10-20 fps (the lower end of that all the maps except the subway). Sometimes it keeps locking up for a few seconds at a time for a minute or two, becoming completely unplayable. I have an AMD Athlon 64 FX-62. Which, though not great, if I recall correctly is still above recommended specs. I look forward to the .5 patch.

Audio: Might be related to the CPU thing, but audio is pretty bad. Its muffled, lo-fi. If there was an audio quality option it sounds like its on "Lowest." Sometimes it skips (the sound it might make if my computer froze during gameplay) and comes back, or sometimes it cuts out completely for several seconds. I have on-board 7.1 on a nVidia 590 Sli, with 5.1 Logitech speakers hooked up to it using the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers. This is the only game I have this problem with.

Pings: I think everyone who plays knows this, but pings are bad. I suspect its just a case of not having servers spread over a wide enough area yet, but I thought I'd bring it up.

no problems here..
    I dont think there are servers,I think this is P2P.
    AMD FX6100@4.2,,MSI 890,,8gigs Gskill,,,2 6870's,,,2 crucial m4 64gigs in Raid0

Then shouldn't there be someone with a full green bar in every match?

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic36 View Post
    Then shouldn't there be someone with a full green bar in every match?
    . I havent seen 1 yet.im mean the home internet in the USA is not enough line too be hosting a game on,well not a FPS.
    I have 10 down,but 1 up,and 1 up is about 4 short to be hosting,I made a thread asking,but they dont answer.
    and im outside Chitown,,,so if there is a server in the USA i should be fine,it will be in NY or Cali or both,,,
    but when im playing its like a 200 ping.
    Last edited by RaBidDoG01; 03-08-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    AMD FX6100@4.2,,MSI 890,,8gigs Gskill,,,2 6870's,,,2 crucial m4 64gigs in Raid0

i think the servers are probably in france

Except there aren't servers, and the dev team on this one was Ubisoft Singapore anyway (I think).

Bumping. I'm having the same problems, even though I can run other, much prettier (No offense ubi) games on medium settings with higher FPS rates. Either my card has finally kicked it when it comes to things it will run or the game is just not bugless yet.

Bad fps errors. Terrible ones. The audio also stutters. This is only when I shoot weapons or something, the audio will start echoing and the FPS will drop. Other than that it runs pretty smoothly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y3c0squufpi57gi
    ^Dxdiag

Also been having those same problems and situations with my computer. I've tried everything to get it to run even semi-smoothly with no avail. i also think the P2P doesn't help it either, as when it did run smoothly for the 2 hours that it did, i was getting screwed over by what seemed to be the same "Host Advantage" that was in GoW 1 & 2.

Hey guys,

I apologize for the trouble. If you are still experiencing these issues with GRO, please send in a support ticket. You can send in a support ticket through this link: www.ghostreconline.us.ubi.com/support. Thanks!

Wow my rig is far more antiquated then yours. FX-60, 2 gigs OCZ 6400 DDR. X2 7900 GTX in SLI with FX SB audio card on a ASUS A8NSLI-32 board. All drivers are cuurent and running smooth with no sound issues. Although I am non-existant with no bars on ping in every game and always spawn last in every game start. I still hold my own in kill ratio. I did have to get used to the split second of pulling the trigger before my bullets start to fly though LOL. There is about a 1/4 second of lag in mouse upon pulling the trigger and bullets actually hitting the mark. Much better reaction when I am still over running and gunning.

Not sure on the newer AMD but on mine there was a driver and a special multi core CPU download that needs to be done to make the CPU run smooth in game. Is this also the case for the newer AMD CPU's. Check with AMD and see.
    Last edited by MoGPvt.Hilel; 03-15-2012 at 06:01 PM.