Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sequel to Prince of Persia General (v.1) | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by LoryBlackWolf View Post
    @Marouane: I hope it's not about the "adaptation" of PoP 3D for Wii...
    Do you mean PoP 3D or the 3D Sands trilogy? XD I would hope they know better than to waste time on that trilogy again. I guess if they were making the trilogy avilable to 360 players, it would be worth something, but they'd be better served avoid the sands for now, just to prove that they're actually capable of doing something else.

The comment about the Wii gave me an odd thought. I remember back when we heard about their old idea to make a 2008 sequel for Wii. I always found it bizarre that they chose that since the first one was never even available on Wii to begin with. What's their interest in having the 2008 story on Wii? Are they still thinking about it? It just occurred to me that a possibility would a 2008 game adaptation for Wii in anticipation of making the sequel available on Wii. No reason, really, it's just a thought.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

@ marouane
    You should play the original trilogy, any POP fan should !

Co-founder of the mighty Lightbringers ! Join us here, on DeviantArt and on Twitter

Indeed, the original trilogy is a great piece of gaming history I'd say any gamer interested in gaming history should play it

My DA gallery
    Oldest active member of the Deathbringers, if you don't like PoP08, join us

Quote Originally Posted by Grafferu View Post
    @ marouane
    You should play the original trilogy, any POP fan should !
    Is it available for PC please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grafferu View Post
    The original trilogy story is still unfinished, Ubi could work from there (but I still prefer some sequels to POP 08)
    The thing about the original trilogy is that I don't feel like we need a conclusion. The first two games were a complete story about defeating Jaffar ( I know there was a witch at the end but I always thought about it as some kind of a fun way to leave something open) and PoP 3D was totally separate in almost every way. The design was different (though it felt like a logical continuation of the previous 2 titles) with its highly mechanic feel and the story was something totally new.

The ending of 3D was more than enough for me: the Prince and the Princess seeks adventure instead of going home and I think that's kind of a feelgood ending to the trilogy: who cares what happens next, the Prince will surely kick some a** and they get out of trouble for sure. Also if we think about the story the Sultan's dead if I remember correctly so maybe our Prince became the next sultan after 3D, so he's not a prince anymore which is kind of a big closure.

As for the Sands of Time trilogy I think T2T provided a great ending, there may be some loose ends left but it's ok. While I enjoyed Forgotten Sands the SoT Prince character and the story felt tired to me. Ubi told us everything they wanted to and now they are out of stories for the SoT Prince, so if you ask me let him rest in the hall of videogame greatness.

The mythological setting of PoP 08 and its feeling of timelessness seemed fresh and exciting to me so I'd be happy with a sequel to that.
    Last edited by sanceman; 03-11-2012 at 02:38 AM.
    PoP Classic and PoP 2008 Epilogue for the PC, Ubi?

I've just read that Ubisoft Toronto is about to announce a AAA game... Ubisoft Toronto is headed up by Jade Raymon, the ex Assassin's Creed producer... wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by marouane87 View Post
    Is it available for PC please ?
    Yes, you can find the low price version with all the trilogy for 10€!

Member of The Lightbringers Army
    The Light will not fail! Follow us on DeviantArt!

I've just read that Ubisoft Toronto is about to announce a AAA game... Ubisoft Toronto is headed up by Jade Raymon, the ex Assassin's Creed producer... wait and see...
    It will be Splinter Cell 6 I'd make a huge bet on that.
    PoP Classic and PoP 2008 Epilogue for the PC, Ubi?

@LoryBlackWolf: thank you, I will check that out

@sanceman: That was my thought, in the interview she said that they'll announce an AAA game, and then she said the studio is 100% focusing on Splinter Cell. I don't know why not to mention that the AAA game is Splinter Cell. That's strange.

@LoryBlackWolf: thank you, I will check that out

@sanceman: That was my thought, in the interview she said that they'll announce an AAA game, and then she said the studio is 100% focusing on Splinter Cell. I don't know why not to mention that the AAA game is Splinter Cell. That's strange.
    strange, link me to the interview, NAO1!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast