Thread: Using a gamepad or controller | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Using a gamepad or controller

I have a ps3 not an xbox 360 so I picked up Conviction on PC.
    I'm not much of a fan of using the keyboard so I'm trying to get a controller working.
    I've used a ps2 controller with a pc adapter, it works and is recognised in Windows but Splinter Cell wont recognise it,
    I also tried a ps3 controller, recognised in Windows and working but again no luck.
    Am I missing something?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The next question then... will Splinter Cell recognise any controller or is it picky or what?
    Has anyone had any luck with a controller or not?

The Xbox 360 controller works, don't know about other controllers. Can you play other games with your PS-controllers?

yea no problems. This is the first problem I've had with a ps3 or 2 controller.
    Maybe they just don't want you to use any sony hardware at all.
    I am running it on Microsoft Windows... now do I have to buy a microsoft controller too.
    Seems wierd to me.

I did some looking around on google, and it seems they don't want to support the PS-controller, since the SIXAXIS isn't good enough. Though I wouldn't know why, because afaik the controllers are pretty much the same, as far as number of ****ons go. SIXAXIS even has more ****ons I believe.

In the options menu for Splinter Cell Conviction, I seem to recall there is an option specific for the Xbox 360 controller, but not for any other controller. Is that right? If so, then it's a safe bet it's the only supported controller.

Btw, before going out and buying an Xbox controller (if you do btw, get a wired one, those are plug and play and not that expensive), search around if there is maybe software to fool games into thinking your PS-controller is an Xbox controller. To me this seems like something that could exist.

Wow they must really hate sony hey?
    Thanks for the help on this.
    I'll try get a second hand corded one.

Its not just the PS controllers.... Be wary that if you are running a x64 Windows you might find the Key bindings are a Miss and more stuffing around is needed, So if you do getan Xbox controller you might have the same Issues, borrow a mate, or families Xbox controller first and let Microsoft install the Drivers, then give it ago if it works you are swimming

Why would you want to ruin the gameplay of an RTS/TPS/FPS/RPG on an computer (PC Windows/PC Mac/PC Linux) using a gameplay or a joystick. The advantage of the computer is you can use the better control method which is available (KEYBOARD and MOUSE)

Man up and learn how to use ASDW , spacebar and mouse, you will improve your gameplay a lot on the computer if you do . Throw the controller away

Joypads are fine for platform shooters, car/racing games, fighting games , but for RTS , FPS and RPGs you cant go past the Keyboard and Mouse