Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What the hell Ubisoft? | Forums

@rogue_hart

I think your missing the biggest part of your own post, which is that these are PC players you are talking about. PC players are the oldest demographic among this generation's platforms. Considering this, it is natural that this demographic is more interested in complex and engaging games than more simplified games. But that doesn't mean that this the only market Ubisoft to target their games. Console gamers make up a younger demographic but are many more times vast than PC. Remember, Ubisoft is a business and in order to make a profit these days they have to tarket a much wider market and just relying on a few hundred-thousand sales from the PC crowd is not their goal.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

@stealthR1; Those nr's don't mean that R6 is a complete failure...it's still a lot of money and take in consideration that it's NOT ubisofts top selling game right now..maybe in the 90's and early 2000, but then ubisoft and gaming interest were a lot smaller then today and a lot less console minded..people sat behind there pc's playing these games ( i was playing counterstrike)
    The tables have turned and there are much more people gaming these day's and 98% of those young new gamers don't want to sit behind pc's for hours and hours, they rather sit in front of a hughe flatscreen with some friends shooting everything that moves...
    The 25 million is from the 12 pc versions and 7 console versions and 3 handheld R6 versions
    But it shows you all exactly what i mean, by simplifying the games to make them more accessable....i mean just look at those nr's were the game mw3 on it's OWN, sold more then all the R6 titles TOGETHER???..doesn't that ring a freakin bell??
    Ubisoft isn't blind and i'm 31 years old and i like the old tactical way of gaming to, but it's dying in these series...
    Just look at future soldier, it has transformed into gears of war/ R6/GR/SCC in one and it's the new tactical way of gaming, easy gameplay and accessable to everyone.,but the difference between cod and BF3 is that they still have to use there brain ...
    Ubisoft is playing it very smart with FS and my guess is that FS wil get up there with COD and BF3...

Ok you know what, let's just say they are bringing the tactics back like in the game Football manager...you really think that R6 wil sell even better..?
    How many people are we talking about here?... My geuss is not even 3 million..
    People that come to forums like these or the hardcore fans in general are importand to ubisoft, but in the end don't pay the bill..
    Last edited by Bassie52; 03-13-2012 at 07:42 PM.

btw i personally really like were ghost recon and R6 is going, but i would also like to see the old ones back on these next gen consoles..
    @stealth r1 yes the stuff that i'm smoking is pretty high quality
    Last edited by Bassie52; 03-13-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-x View Post
    @rogue_hart

I think your missing the biggest part of your own post, which is that these are PC players you are talking about. PC players are the oldest demographic among this generation's platforms. Considering this, it is natural that this demographic is more interested in complex and engaging games than more simplified games. But that doesn't mean that this the only market Ubisoft to target their games. Console gamers make up a younger demographic but are many more times vast than PC. Remember, Ubisoft is a business and in order to make a profit these days they have to tarket a much wider market and just relying on a few hundred-thousand sales from the PC crowd is not their goal.
    Games still sell in the millions on PCs. Sure console gamers prefer dexterous gameplay with the thumbs. I'm not saying that should be taken away. To make more of a pc friendly game, With FM type gameplay (tactics / squad members / Planning) , would bring in another 15-25% of sales, minimum. It's like Fifa. There's loads of settings and tactics to change on the consoles but most console gamers just want to jump in a play a game and they can. I think it can be the same for Rainbow Six.

yeah, but then Ubisoft has to make a specific pc game for it to happen....Witch can be downloaded in a heartbeat..

Justin-X,Bassie52 , I get what you are saying. In a nutshell Ubi wants to make money and sell to the demographics that buys games, the 20s some console gamers. But sooner or later those 20s something will be 30 and 40... they be making more money... you see where this is going? Now one can use the argument that they may have less time. But then again some 20s or something don't make as much money now a days. What I trying to say it there is probably a very good market for strategy or more mature games. If ubi made for the mature crowd I'm sure it would sell if the game was good. I think the real issue is ubi rainbow six games just haven't been that good. They they were they'd have sales #'s near what CoD or BF3.

R1, you just made a really good point there..
    Because gaming as we know it, is in it's prime now, in the near future that gaming in general will stay the same and the diffrence in between old and new gamers wil be more importand...
    Because there wil be just as much old gamers, who wil have there say in things..
    Other company's could rise up, like Cristian Allen is attempting to right now...

Quote Originally Posted by StealthR1 View Post
    Whatever your smokin man must be some good stuff.
    Lol
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

Is anyone taking Developer Exhaustion into consideration? That they might want to do something different? Making One game and then iterations of it would be really sapping on the creative juices IMO after a couple of games.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

yeah, but that's also the point where the devs should be content with their creation and hand it off to a new team who really wants to drive the 'existing' (key word there) formula forwards.
    Just look at 343 with the new Halo.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast