We are happy to announce that Title Update 1.04 is ready to go! Now, we know that this particular update brings with it a lot of changes that many of you have been looking forward to, so let’s go over exactly what will be addressed in this latest update to Assassin’s Creed Revelations Multiplayer:
Adjustments to Smoke Bomb
You cannot kill your target through their Defensive Smoke Bomb by rolling into it.
Visual and Audio Feedback has been improved to better judge it’s when the effect it in play.
Smoke Bomb effect will affect players on differing elevations, such as stairs and slated rooftops.
Adjustments to Poison
You can now poison your target in 360 degrees rather than only with the right hand.
Once poisoned, you can no longer stun your attacker, but will be able to stun other attackers.
Adjustments to Targeting
The forced assist on Bodyguards/Decoys has been removed to avoid killing them even when the real target is locked.
An assist has been added to prioritize a live target over a ground target.
You will no longer be able to lock another target while in a kill animation.
Targeting prompt will no longer appear during a Stun animation.
Improved Target Acquisition System to avoid long waits for a new Contract some were experiencing.
Fixed the issue where the compass would remain locked for a whole match.
Resolved the issue where a player could possibly remain in disguise for an entire round.
The Targeting prompt over a Decoy now appears instantly, rather than on a delay.
Fixed the possible crash when deploying a smoke bomb on both a Target and a Teammate.
The update has already started rolling out, and will be available worldwide by the end of the end of the week.
Awesome! So I heard the PS3 version is out so when can we expect the xbox one?
Also according to a lot of people... 2 issues
1. Smoke Bomb too late is canceling animations. Instead of once you press x you kill them, a smoke late (while someone is killing/stunning) will now cancel it. This could be just mega lag issues, but I could be wrong.
2. Removing Lock Function in a kill animation- Personally I agree with people on this.. I dont recall anyone complaining about it, and I also think it was a nice added addition. Really kind of stupid that this was taken out.... only bad thing I really see in this.
Other than that....
1. Poison fixes: FINALLY! THANK YOU!!!!!!
2. Stun animation lock promt removed: Thanks! Now I have to no longer worry about stunning in LOS of my target anymore.
3. Decoy lock: Omg this was so annoying. Sometimes I would be locked onto my target, he launches decoy, and my soft lock goes to the decoy... really annoying.
4. Improved contract speed: I hope this actually works, but awesome.
Last edited by Metalsnake27; 03-08-2012 at 12:20 AM.
I just watched a video made by a guy who has the PS3 and got the patch but..what's wrong with the smoke bomb sound? o.o It sounds like a mix of the old smoke bomb sound + a tripwire bomb going off at the same time lol It's quite annoying to be honest.
Well I think that, apart from that, the other fixes are great.
A good start, although not being able to lock while in a kill animation is a horrible change that pretty much no one wanted. Why you did this is a mystery...
Also, these things needs to be fixed as they'll make the game more enjoyable in some way for everyone, and hurt no one..
- Make it possible to leave the lobby without having to spawn first. There's no reason why this shouldn't be possible. Especially when the game frequently puts us in game modes we didn't select.
- Please give us the option to select if we want to join a game in progress or if we want to wait for a new lobby to fill up. I'd rather wait a few minutes for the lobby to fill up than join a game thats close to ending. Joining games with 8-9 minutes left is pointless aswell, considering it will count as a loss even if you win. Which brings me to my next point.
- Please make wins when you join a session in progress count as wins. This is an error that should be pretty easy to fix, yet its been this way since release.
- Please give us some kind of leaderboard so those of us who dont boost can compete with each other. Templar grade was a great thing, yet you took it away and brought in something that makes people boost. The only thing I have to care about right now is my win% (and some of the other stats), which is obiously wrong aswell considering the point above.
- For the love of God make it possible to search and find a session with friends without needing 4 people..
Making these changes wont have any effect on gameplay, but will make the overall experience of this game much better for everyone.