Steam/GOG Release

So, why exactly have Myst III through V not had a re-release on a digital distribution platform like Steam or GOG yet? It's been a long time to hold off on such a thing, don't you think?

Great news about Myst 5 digital download(s)

Myst 5 will be available on Steam this next weekend and will also be available on GOG (Good Old Games) very soon.

See the Cyan annoncement Click here

It is now official.

The Limited edition of Myst 5 is now available at GOG (Good Old Games) as a digital download ...click here

For $9.99 USA
    Supposed to be "Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit) compatible

As for why Mst III and IV are not available for digital distribution, Cyan and Ubisoft are currently discussing transferring rights between Ubi (the publisher of 3 and 4) to Cyan, don't have the link right a quick Google should yield that. As Cyan is the franchise rights holder but not the developer of Myst 3 and 4 those 2 games must be in some sort of legal murkiness as to how profits are going to be split and that's why they have not been made available yet, a shame really.

ecma4's Avatar Senior Member
    I know this thread is really old, but in case anyone else is interested, this game is 50% off right now on Steam, only 4.99$

I really wish they would complete whatever deals they need to do to release Myst III and IV to GOG/Steam. I'm working my way through Riven and really want to go through the series in order. I would rather not mess with the old physical copies.

Originally Posted by samfisher1_ Go to original post
    As for why Mst III and IV are not available for digital distribution, Cyan and Ubisoft are currently discussing transferring rights between Ubi (the publisher of 3 and 4) to Cyan, don't have the link right a quick Google should yield that. As Cyan is the franchise rights holder but not the developer of Myst 3 and 4 those 2 games must be in some sort of legal murkiness as to how profits are going to be split and that's why they have not been made available yet, a shame really.
    I have done a thorough Google search and have turned up with no such archive or credible evidence of what your saying. Can you please search for and provide a link to an article that backs your claim of Ubi talking to Cyan about transferring rights to those games?

It was slightly mentioned during Cyan's Google hangout.

Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMAL-Rp0cGo

Originally Posted by realXCV Go to original post
    It was slightly mentioned during Cyan's Google hangout.

Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMAL-Rp0cGo
    That video is a little over an hour long. Umm. I don't mean to be lazy but do you know where in the video it was mentioned?

*EDIT* - Never-mind. I found it. It's at 0:42:13 in the video for anyone who wants to see it.

And Thank you "realXCV" for sharing that link. I (and I'm sure others, besides me) really appreciated that very much.