Thread: Hotseat mode with AI players? | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Question Hotseat mode with AI players?

Hey all,

Am I missing something? In hotseat mode I don't see a way to set a player as AI. Since HOMM3 my wife and I have been playing co-op hotseat games against computer players and were looking forward to doing the same in VI.

If there isn't a way currently around this, is it planned in a future patch? Is this just a UI issue of missing the option or is there some lower level reason this isn't available?

Thanks,

-Dan
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

After create game, click the + sign on a team and select either easy AI Normal AI or hard AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexius View Post
    After create game, click the + sign on a team and select either easy AI Normal AI or hard AI.
    That's the problem - while that works in Skirmish mode, in hotseat mode after I click create, clicking + only shows 'Human Player' without any options for AI.

Should it also show AI? Does it for anyone else?

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dmccombs View Post
    That's the problem - while that works in Skirmish mode, in hotseat mode after I click create, clicking + only shows 'Human Player' without any options for AI.

Should it also show AI? Does it for anyone else?

-Dan
    Hmm, that is weird for sure. I play in hotseat mode with my brother. I can set human or AI. Which map are you using?

Try to pick another map. I've noticed that in some maps (namely those with custom game types) don't allow for AI opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra217 View Post
    Try to pick another map. I've noticed that in some maps (namely those with custom game types) don't allow for AI opponents.
    Sure enough, that was it - I must have just by chance been picking maps where it wasn't supported, I tried a few maps and am seeing the ability to add AI while still playing teams - thanks!

-Dan