Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GRO - (Ghost Recon Online) Error during Decompressing | Forums

Lightbulb GRO - (Ghost Recon Online) Error during Decompressing

Hi!

During the decompression process of GRO I get an error at approximately 98% that the Patchfailed. "Error in patching. Do you want the Launcher to attempt a recovery?"
    If I say yes, the whole thing fails again. How do I get rid of this error?

My config: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1, Intel 2 Quad CPU, 6 GB RAM, SSD hard drive.

Yours,
    Mike
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I've got the same problem... Does anyone know what to do?

Same problem here in the US.

Having the same problem...has anyone actually successfully started the client?

Hi guys, have you contacted technical support?
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

I fixed this myself after about 20 minutes, I'll post the problem and the fix here.

The problem is, the installer downloads everything (1.5 something GB on my system), then begins decompression, and right at the end comes up with the error that the OP is having.

I watched the download in resource monitor (the files and locations etc) and didn't find anything, so I went into task manager, and opened the file location for Launcher.exe (the program that does the download / install.)

It's in a very random directory somewhere in the appdata folder.

Anywho, the fix is, lauch the program that installs the game. Open task manager, and in the processes tab, find Launcher.exe. Then right-click, and click open file location. This should open the aforementioned long directory.

Once that's done, close the game launcher, and then right click on Launcher.exe and Run as Administrator.

The launcher then re-downloaded everything, and decompressed and installed it no problem.

Let me know if that works for you.

As a side note, I believe (I guess, I'm not certain) the issue is caused when changing the default install directory. The default is C:\Ubisoft\GRO or something like that, but I changed it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\GRO (purely because I like to keep all my programs in the program files folder lol). Anywho, the laucher runs without administrative privileges it seems, and trying to install or modify files in the Program Files directory requires elevation, so at the end the installer is trying to move the folders from an AppData directory to the install directory, lacks privilegs and fails, causing the error.

Hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by peterjones90 View Post
    I fixed this myself after about 20 minutes, I'll post the problem and the fix here.

The problem is, the installer downloads everything (1.5 something GB on my system), then begins decompression, and right at the end comes up with the error that the OP is having.

I watched the download in resource monitor (the files and locations etc) and didn't find anything, so I went into task manager, and opened the file location for Launcher.exe (the program that does the download / install.)

It's in a very random directory somewhere in the appdata folder.

Anywho, the fix is, lauch the program that installs the game. Open task manager, and in the processes tab, find Launcher.exe. Then right-click, and click open file location. This should open the aforementioned long directory.

Once that's done, close the game launcher, and then right click on Launcher.exe and Run as Administrator.

The launcher then re-downloaded everything, and decompressed and installed it no problem.

Let me know if that works for you.

As a side note, I believe (I guess, I'm not certain) the issue is caused when changing the default install directory. The default is C:\Ubisoft\GRO or something like that, but I changed it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\GRO (purely because I like to keep all my programs in the program files folder lol). Anywho, the laucher runs without administrative privileges it seems, and trying to install or modify files in the Program Files directory requires elevation, so at the end the installer is trying to move the folders from an AppData directory to the install directory, lacks privilegs and fails, causing the error.

Hope this helped.
    Worked for me, thanks a lot!

I don't know....I changed the default install directory to Program Files as well and the launcher decompressed the files just fine but if the solution works, then fine, at least you're ready to go come Monday! =)

Quote Originally Posted by peterjones90 View Post

(...)
    Hope this helped.
    Nice! Worked for me, thank you

GRO (Ghost Closed Beta members Only

I recommend very strongly to allow the client to pick the appropriate installation director if you have not done this...Please uninstall the client and reinstall it again. When this is completed do not install anything yet check to make sure that you have (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5Sp1) installed at the following location: (Programs and Features) Here is a screen shot of this location:

1.C:\Ubisoft\GRO
    This directory should have a total of Contains of 761 files and 17 Folders
    size should be 3.33GB

2. Win7 and Vista : Programs and Features you should see this Clint program Ghost Recon Online (NCSA-LIVE)
    Link 1. will show you the image of (Prograqms and Features) on your computer and what it should look like. http://www.mgbcomputerservices.com/P...dfeatures.aspxLink 2. provideds the same but for the (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5Sp1) : http://www.mgbcomputerservices.com/P...features2.aspx

Before you begin installation make very certain that the following information that I'm providing you is located in the programs and features Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Sp1)... The link for this can be found at the following links below :

1>Vista.32 Bit only. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ng=en&id=16211

2> Vista 64Bit only: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ang=en&id=1055

3>Windows 7 32Bit: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ang=en&id=5726

4>Windows 7 64bit: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ang=en&id=7942

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast