Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes VI Launcher & Multiplayer Connection Issues | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

It's funny how I played the full game without a single error or downside. Since the game looked good, I just took the sale in Steam and played it. Now I'm regretting it. The game load takes ages, if it ever loads, since most of the time it will say "game running" while nothing happens, so it just looks like it's a random chance that the game actually launches, like 1 out of 20.

Then, now that I finally got to play, the cloud just lost 3 days of saved games in my campaign. So good, 4+ hours a map are not funny to lose. Why is it even necessary to save games into the cloud? Are our HD's too bad for it or what?

All the whole DRM thing is just disgusting, and way too problematic for the customers, which should be even more problematic for the producers.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

lately i've been experiencing consistent problems with uplay launcher being unable to synchronize saved games

i can eventually get it to run to completion each time, but it fails the first try every time i start up the launcher

Adding my voice to the chorus. My Steam/Uplay combo load up always results in saves that are not synched, I have now replayed the same 7 hour session twice and I am not going to do it again.

A FAQ list that includes my having to shut down startup programs or disable or change my firewall settings in order to run a single-player game is not an answer. I will never buy a single-player game again that requires any kind of online component. And it's a shame because HoMM has been one of my all time favorite PC game series.

Hint: Pirates will always figure out ways around this stuff. You are punishing paying players here, and as a result you are practically handing this game to the pirates.

I've signed the petition to completely do away with uplay altogether. I hope many more people do the same.

http://www.change.org/petitions/ubis...it-immediately

I Registered my account today and tried to log in for the first time so i can later play offline.I haven't yet been able to connect to the server.
    Where exactly is it stated in the game requirements that a one time log in is necessary to play the game?????
    It says that PART of the game requires internet access,not the ENTIRE GAME.
    I don't want all that hassle with router ports,account logins,ISPs or whatever to play a single player game.I usually play games to RELAX,not
    to make my life more complicated than it already is.
    UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING UBISOFT.
    Whether i will finally manage to play my game or not,i seriously regret supporting this atrocity of DRM with my purchase.
    Last edited by japol2023; 08-05-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunky View Post
    Adding my voice to the chorus. My Steam/Uplay combo load up always results in saves that are not synched, I have now replayed the same 7 hour session twice and I am not going to do it again.

A FAQ list that includes my having to shut down startup programs or disable or change my firewall settings in order to run a single-player game is not an answer. I will never buy a single-player game again that requires any kind of online component. And it's a shame because HoMM has been one of my all time favorite PC game series.

Hint: Pirates will always figure out ways around this stuff. You are punishing paying players here, and as a result you are practically handing this game to the pirates.

I've signed the petition to completely do away with uplay altogether. I hope many more people do the same.

http://www.change.org/petitions/ubis...it-immediately
    If they had any decency whatsoever,they would have already dropped UPLAY and/or Conflux OR at least made it work properly.

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a...t-and-magic-vi

Where exactly is it stated in the game requirements that a one time log in is necessary to play the game offline?????
    Am i going to get an answer from someone?

Dunno where you bought the game, but I got my on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/48220/?snr=1_5_9__205) where it clearly states:
    3rd-party DRM: Ubisoft Online Service Platform

You don't need to be a genius to understand what the word "online" after "DRM" means.

However if you found a boxed game without clearly stated fact that you need an internet connection to register/play the game on the box, you should return the game and ask for refund. If refused, sue the store.

Although... I'm not sure why are you complaining exactly. You obviously have the internet connection so you can register the game on Uplay. Unless you're not writing this from your home where, for some reason, you don't have internet access. Or if for whatever reason your Uplay account/mail got deleted/blocked or something, but you may always contact Ubisoft support.
    Don't get me wrong, I did get used to it, but I still hate Uplay system since I don't care for multiplayer and despise Facebooks/Twitters/Buzzs and Conflux is just another such "service" only not (yet) widespread so at least it's less annoying.
    Last edited by JoxerTheMigthy; 08-06-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoxerTheMigthy View Post
    Dunno where you bought the game, but I got my on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/48220/?snr=1_5_9__205) where it clearly states:
    3rd-party DRM: Ubisoft Online Service Platform

You don't need to be a genius to understand what the word "online" after "DRM" means.

However if you found a boxed game without clearly stated fact that you need an internet connection to register/play the game on the box, you should return the game and ask for refund. If refused, sue the store.

Although... I'm not sure why are you complaining exactly. You obviously have the internet connection so you can register the game on Uplay. Unless you're not writing this from your home where, for some reason, you don't have internet access. Or if for whatever reason your Uplay account/mail got deleted/blocked or something, but you may always contact Ubisoft support.
    Don't get me wrong, I did get used to it, but I still hate Uplay system since I don't care for multiplayer and despise Facebooks/Twitters/Buzzs and Conflux is just another such "service" only not (yet) widespread so at least it's less annoying.
    Sure i have the internet connection to register the game,only UPLAY and/or conflux doesn't let me log in for the first time so i haven't been able to play it yet.
    I was under the impression that the game didn't need even a single log in to play offline since it doesn't explicitly say so in OFFICIAL UBISOFT link i posted above.
    It talks only about online features,so i thought i wouldn't have any problems playing a single player - offline game (how naive was i,it seems)
    Before anyone asks,yes i have checked my firewall,opened the ports that are mentioned in the thread,contacted technical support and nothing for two days now.

It's Uplay issue then?
    You should use Ubisoft's support: http://support.ubi.com/en-GB/

Uplay issues are very hard to resolve by talking just to other fans, for example I remember a player who had two Uplay accs, regged the game on one and later forgot about it, then couldn't play on the second acc not realizing the game was already registered on his other acc, and noone here could help him with the problem - but ubisoft support detected and solved it instantly.

Angry

Third day in a row that i cannot log in to UPLAY so i haven't been able to even play the game yet.
    Also it's been three days that i contacted the technical support and no answer as of this moment.
    Great way to treat your customers UBI

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast