Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-installed windows and settlers, product key already in use. Cant play the game. | Forums

Angry Re-installed windows and settlers, product key already in use. Cant play the game.

As it says in the title, I've reinstalled windows and now I cant play on settlers 7 because my code is 'already taken'. Yeah it is, by me. I want to play the game I have payed for but cannot. Help.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

same issu, nobody answer, did you get any solution for that.
    UBISOFT does not plan that we may install again Windows or change computer?

You shouldn't need to re-enter your key. You should just be able to log in with the same user name and password as before.

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA pennygod's Avatar
    Hello

Keys for this game can only be activated one time. After the initial activation, the key can never be used again. So, this problem is only caused by one of two things:

1. If you previously activated the key and are being asked to enter it again because you are reinstalling the game, you are simply at the wrong login screen. Please follow the instructions in the following FAQ for assistance with getting to the correct login screen, where you can enter your Uplay account name and password:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answ...ail/a_id/15039

- If you still receive this error message after entering your Uplay account name and password, most likely you are logging in with the wrong account. Unfortunately, we cannot give account information out over the web for security reasons, so you will need to contact us by phone at (919) 460-9778 between 9am and 9pm EST. One of our representatives will be able to verify the correct account information for you.

2. If you purchased the game used or from an unauthorized retailer like eBay, the key most likely has already been used by another person. If this is the case, you will need to return the game to the retailer and exchange it for a new copy or ask for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by pennygod View Post
    Hello

Keys for this game can only be activated one time. After the initial activation, the key can never be used again. So, this problem is only caused by one of two things:

1. If you previously activated the key and are being asked to enter it again because you are reinstalling the game, you are simply at the wrong login screen. Please follow the instructions in the following FAQ for assistance with getting to the correct login screen, where you can enter your Uplay account name and password:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answ...ail/a_id/15039

- If you still receive this error message after entering your Uplay account name and password, most likely you are logging in with the wrong account. Unfortunately, we cannot give account information out over the web for security reasons, so you will need to contact us by phone at (919) 460-9778 between 9am and 9pm EST. One of our representatives will be able to verify the correct account information for you.

2. If you purchased the game used or from an unauthorized retailer like eBay, the key most likely has already been used by another person. If this is the case, you will need to return the game to the retailer and exchange it for a new copy or ask for a refund.
    I first installed the game a year ago. Now I have bought a new computer, and dI try to install it again. Guess what? It doesn't work. I asks for the key even tho I have typed in the correct username and password. What can I do?

You replied with a quote, but did you read what pennygod said? You are at the wrong login screen.
    Did you follow the link in pennygod's post?

Quote Originally Posted by sings_in_tune View Post
    You replied with a quote, but did you read what pennygod said? You are at the wrong login screen.
    Did you follow the link in pennygod's post?
    Yes, yes I did!
    This is what I did:
    1. I open the "The Settlers 7.exe"
    2 The window "Bind Key to Account" opens automatically.
    3. I click cancel.
    4. I type in my username (DevilNiner) and my password (NOT going to show that here), and click LOG IN.
    5. The next window that pops up is, guess what, the "BIND KEY TO ACCOUNT" again... rinse and repeat?

So what can I do to actually USE the game i bought?

I know how frustrating it can be. You probably logged onto this forum with your account, right?

I think you have to contact support. The info is in pennygod's post.

I think I read somewhere in a post that someone used their email address for their username to make it work. You can try.

BTW, support do not work weekends.
    Last edited by sings_in_tune; 06-28-2012 at 04:05 PM.

well i tried putting email address and still dint work for me ...though my error is "keycode in use with another account" well my question i am playing since past 1 year ...why asking keycode again?this started after the uplay update to v2 version.

ubisoft help center dint reply to my question yet! what to do now?
    Last edited by PEIN XDA; 07-05-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Just hang in there waiting for support, leonneel. When my game broke, (I couldn't open skirmish maps or my mail) Ubisoft gave me a new one. It took forever. Well it was probably only a week and a half but it seemed forever.
    Besides creating a ticket on their website, I phoned them. And I kept phoning them every two or three days to check. But I have the advantage of living in the same country - no long distance charges.

After rereading pennygod's post, I think you have to phone them.
    Last edited by sings_in_tune; 07-05-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast