Thread: New "Top Five New Features" Video! | Forums

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

KYRAT SERIES 1 - The lowlands | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Exclamation New "Top Five New Features" Video!

Hey guys! While strolling through the G4 website on some Far Cry 3 videos, I found this! Enjoy!

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/57423/far...-new-features/

Don't know whether Ubisoft will take out the link or not so you might want to watch quick.

Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Video not working for me

G4 article on the video in question: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...ld-be-excited/

XD Johnien, my browser's address when I click that link is: about:blank .... I don't think it's working. XD

​Yeah I just watched it. (Thanks John it finally worked) and no new gameplay, but some interesting things pointed out!

I'll post the article here for anybody who has problems accessing the website:
    Far Cry 3: Five Reasons You Should Be Excited

5 Comments Posted Yesterday 2:05 PM - By Jake Gaskill

By now, you’ve most likely seen the eye-matingly stunning cinematic trailer for Far Cry 3, and (hopefully) you’ve had a chance to read through our most recent in-depth preview. If not, shame on you! Anyway, the point is, Far Cry 3 is shaping up to be big, beautiful, and brutal. We saw a healthy bit of gameplay during a recent preview event, and we wanted to give you a quick rundown of five features that had us oohing and ahhing the most, because…well…we’re givers, and it's just what we do.

Far Cry 3 Top 5 New Features

Details after the break.
    1. Melee takedowns

Melee takedowns, a new addition to the Far Cry series, let you pull off vicious attacks on unsuspecting foes. Once you level up the ability, you'll be able to pull off multiple takedowns with the same knife. We can only hope there's an option to pull a gun out of some guard's holster and pop him in the back of the head, or pull a pin on a grenade on his belt and kick him, Bulletstorm-style, into nearby enemies.

2. Sonic boom!

When we watched the footage closely, we noticed that explosions and even some weapons in Far Cry 3 give off concussion waves. The effect has appeared in other games, but that doesn't take away from how giddy it made us to see them here. They’re so quick you can’t really see them, but once you know they’re there, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without them.

3. Zip lines. Weeeee!

Zip-lining is one of the hottest trends right now in virtual traversal, and Far Cry 3's island setting makes it the perfect place to use these fast and convenient modes of transportation. Plus, you can pick off enemies with a pistol while you ride down them, which, as any scientist and theologist will tell you, is pretty freaking sweet.

4. “A Mosaic of Dysfunction”

Far Cry 3 puts a premium on bringing the crazy from all angles, including its diverse cast of characters. Some will want to flay you alive, some will want your help to find powerful mushrooms so they can trip balls all day under the guise of “medical expertise.” Ubisoft has put a ton of work into making sure the performances are second to none, and the results are quite remarkable, even at this stage in development.

5. Plenty of Down/Crazy Time

You won't have to travel very far to get yourself into one manic firefight or another in Far Cry 3, but there will also be plenty of scenarios that will be much more about slowing things down for a bit. For instance, you might be exploring some underwater cave and trying to fight through powerful hallucinations as you do. These moments are designed to get across the idea that this mysterious island and the insanity that you encounter within it have serious effects on your mental stability. Makes you wonder if at the end of it all you might end becoming the very thing you fought so hard to get away from. Tragic really.
    Should the need arise, feel free to E-Mail me your suggestions, and/or personal philosophies, and follow me on Twitter.
    Last edited by Johnnien; 02-23-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Very cool Thanks for posting!

Thanks morta! Dont know you but i've got the feeling you are some kind of community helper around here.
    Last edited by JDraky; 02-24-2012 at 02:25 AM.

thanks mate.