Thread: So about this DRIVER movie... | Forums

So about this DRIVER movie...

Sorry if anyone has already seen the script- I only found out about this just today.____________________________________________ __ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________ ______What do you all think when you imagine a movie based on the Driver series? Of course! Velodromes, the Iraq war, Hawaiian shirted criminals and Humvees driving over IEDs, right? Below is a link to what may or may not have been the script for the planned Driver movie. To say it's a bit.... different is an understatement. Not only does it seem nothing at all like any of the games, it looks like some sort of politcal stance on the war on terror is meant to be shoehorned in there. In a story for Driver!___________________________________________ ____________ _______________________________________________Wha t the hell?_____________________________________________ _____
    Last edited by brok2; 02-23-2012 at 03:00 AM.
    What the next DRIVER needs: Tighter, narrower streets for slower, more responsive cars as seen in D1,2,3. More 70s feel, possibly the entire game's setting. Keep 88mph top speed as the norm, with only bonus supercars going beyond. Get rid of Burnout as the default acceleration. Unlicensed Vehicles- so that they can be destroyed with explosions. On foot returning, with a version of shift as an unlockable. Weapons, with FPS controls like D3, only more polished. Hubcaps. Car underside pouncing. Offroad areas without invisible walls. All previous driver game cheats return plus a few surprises. All camera angles in D1 Film Director returning. Completely overhauled multiplayer, with virtually no 'boosting'. Finally, ability to play multiplayer offline,and with bots.

Failing that, D1 and 2 as fully emulated games unlockable within Driver 6.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I used to want a Driver movie, but a while back I changed my mind. I hope it never happens. Stick to videogames.

I haven't read the script, but the plot sounds terrible, exactly why they shouldn't make a movie. It'll end up being more Fast n Furious then Driver
    DRIVER 6 - my wishlist - Unlicensed Vehicles, Real-Time Car Damage, Car Flipping and Roll-Overs, On Foot AND Shift, Guns, No Invisible Walls, Able to drive of cliffs, jump fences etc, Performance Upgrades, Car Creator basic example, Set up Ramps and Stunts in shift mode, Reduce Framerate to 30fps and add back all the stuff you had to take out, Please and Thank You!!!

If driver made a movie they would focus on cars, stunts, chases and probably making alot of the scenes with fast past driving
    ------------------------------

Level 40
    (PS3)
    rank 1 in tag for wins
    rank 1 in trailblazer for wins
    Multiplayer

If its like fast five then make it... if not keep it as a video game

You guys do realise that the link to the script was posted there, right? So you can actually see what it's like.
    What the next DRIVER needs: Tighter, narrower streets for slower, more responsive cars as seen in D1,2,3. More 70s feel, possibly the entire game's setting. Keep 88mph top speed as the norm, with only bonus supercars going beyond. Get rid of Burnout as the default acceleration. Unlicensed Vehicles- so that they can be destroyed with explosions. On foot returning, with a version of shift as an unlockable. Weapons, with FPS controls like D3, only more polished. Hubcaps. Car underside pouncing. Offroad areas without invisible walls. All previous driver game cheats return plus a few surprises. All camera angles in D1 Film Director returning. Completely overhauled multiplayer, with virtually no 'boosting'. Finally, ability to play multiplayer offline,and with bots.

Failing that, D1 and 2 as fully emulated games unlockable within Driver 6.

Yea I saw the link but I haven't read it yet. I don't have time right now, and by the time I get back home I've forgotten about it
    DRIVER 6 - my wishlist - Unlicensed Vehicles, Real-Time Car Damage, Car Flipping and Roll-Overs, On Foot AND Shift, Guns, No Invisible Walls, Able to drive of cliffs, jump fences etc, Performance Upgrades, Car Creator basic example, Set up Ramps and Stunts in shift mode, Reduce Framerate to 30fps and add back all the stuff you had to take out, Please and Thank You!!!