Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Master mode | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Master mode

What do you have to do to get master mode? Get 100% on a song or something of that nature?

Sorry if this is a Noob question
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Max out all phrases (use the orange bars in riff repeater to confirm they're really maxed out) and score over 100K points and you;ve mastered it.
    Good luck!
    If you say 'gullible' slowly it sounds like 'oranges'.

UPlayID: KinchBlade SteamID: KinchBlade

You have to get 100,000 on a song
    Dear Five Finger Death Punch,

Please, explain to me how you were able to get a recording deal, without the ability to carry a vocal note.

Quote Originally Posted by RS_Flunky View Post
    Good to know!
    Hard Rock Blues - Fender Stratocastor, Fender Telecastor, Fender Troycastor (Custom Les Paul), Gibson ES-335, PRS Soapbar II.

AND max all phrases as Kinch said. That's not optional. It's an AND equation - you must do BOTH.

My experience also suggests that it matters what order you do this in. I could be wrong. . . but I believe you have to max the phrases first and THEN get a score > 100,000. I say this because I have scored over 100k on songs in the past without maxing the phrases. Then when I maxed the phrases I did not unlock MM for the song - I had to play it again and score 100k on it again to get the MM.

AND level up all sections of the song to the max, don't forget.

Quote Originally Posted by JTCoop View Post
    AND max all phrases as Kinch said. That's not optional. It's an AND equation - you must do BOTH.

My experience also suggests that it matters what order you do this in. I could be wrong. . . but I believe you have to max the phrases first and THEN get a score > 100,000. I say this because I have scored over 100k on songs in the past without maxing the phrases. Then when I maxed the phrases I did not unlock MM for the song - I had to play it again and score 100k on it again to get the MM.
    That's true. If you start a song and not all sections are maxed out, you won't master it even you you level everything up to max and hit 100K.
    Also, if it is the first time you play a song, even if all sections are maxed out and you get 100K you won't master it. You will have to play the song again in order to do that.

Can you master a song during an event? Because I scored over 100k on a song yesterday in rehearsal, so I thought I'd max the couple of sections that wasn't before playing the event, and did so. But even though I scored well over 100k on the song in the event I didn't see any "Master" thing happening? Haven't actually checked the song outside of that, maybe it just doesn't show during an event...

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lundin View Post
    Can you master a song during an event? Because I scored over 100k on a song yesterday in rehearsal, so I thought I'd max the couple of sections that wasn't before playing the event, and did so. But even though I scored well over 100k on the song in the event I didn't see any "Master" thing happening? Haven't actually checked the song outside of that, maybe it just doesn't show during an event...
    I'd have to dig through my notes, but I believe it IS possible to master a song during an event. However, since Events don't give you the details for each song (% and NS), I'm thinking there's no Congratulations! You mastered the song! message, either. Just can't remember. You're welcome to dig through my blog posts and see if I mention it in one of those. . .

IIRC, I mastered a song during an event a few months ago, and it indeed counted but gave no message.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast