Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Master mode | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

  1. #1

    Master mode

    What do you have to do to get master mode? Get 100% on a song or something of that nature?

    Sorry if this is a Noob question
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Senior Member KinchBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,401
    Max out all phrases (use the orange bars in riff repeater to confirm they're really maxed out) and score over 100K points and you;ve mastered it.
    Good luck!
    If you say 'gullible' slowly it sounds like 'oranges'.

    UPlayID: KinchBlade SteamID: KinchBlade
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    You have to get 100,000 on a song
    Dear Five Finger Death Punch,

    Please, explain to me how you were able to get a recording deal, without the ability to carry a vocal note.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Junior Member Darbyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontraio, Canada
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_Flunky View Post
    You have to get 100,000 on a song
    Good to know!
    Hard Rock Blues - Fender Stratocastor, Fender Telecastor, Fender Troycastor (Custom Les Paul), Gibson ES-335, PRS Soapbar II.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Senior Member JTCoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Near Muscle Shoals & Nashville
    Posts
    1,576
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_Flunky View Post
    You have to get 100,000 on a song
    AND max all phrases as Kinch said. That's not optional. It's an AND equation - you must do BOTH.

    My experience also suggests that it matters what order you do this in. I could be wrong. . . but I believe you have to max the phrases first and THEN get a score > 100,000. I say this because I have scored over 100k on songs in the past without maxing the phrases. Then when I maxed the phrases I did not unlock MM for the song - I had to play it again and score 100k on it again to get the MM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Senior Member mbarsott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_Flunky View Post
    You have to get 100,000 on a song
    AND level up all sections of the song to the max, don't forget.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Senior Member mbarsott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by JTCoop View Post
    AND max all phrases as Kinch said. That's not optional. It's an AND equation - you must do BOTH.

    My experience also suggests that it matters what order you do this in. I could be wrong. . . but I believe you have to max the phrases first and THEN get a score > 100,000. I say this because I have scored over 100k on songs in the past without maxing the phrases. Then when I maxed the phrases I did not unlock MM for the song - I had to play it again and score 100k on it again to get the MM.
    That's true. If you start a song and not all sections are maxed out, you won't master it even you you level everything up to max and hit 100K.
    Also, if it is the first time you play a song, even if all sections are maxed out and you get 100K you won't master it. You will have to play the song again in order to do that.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Can you master a song during an event? Because I scored over 100k on a song yesterday in rehearsal, so I thought I'd max the couple of sections that wasn't before playing the event, and did so. But even though I scored well over 100k on the song in the event I didn't see any "Master" thing happening? Haven't actually checked the song outside of that, maybe it just doesn't show during an event...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Senior Member JTCoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Near Muscle Shoals & Nashville
    Posts
    1,576
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Lundin View Post
    Can you master a song during an event? Because I scored over 100k on a song yesterday in rehearsal, so I thought I'd max the couple of sections that wasn't before playing the event, and did so. But even though I scored well over 100k on the song in the event I didn't see any "Master" thing happening? Haven't actually checked the song outside of that, maybe it just doesn't show during an event...
    I'd have to dig through my notes, but I believe it IS possible to master a song during an event. However, since Events don't give you the details for each song (% and NS), I'm thinking there's no Congratulations! You mastered the song! message, either. Just can't remember. You're welcome to dig through my blog posts and see if I mention it in one of those. . .
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    IIRC, I mastered a song during an event a few months ago, and it indeed counted but gave no message.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •