Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allow us to change usernames for Uplay... when is this EVER going to be implemented? | Forums

I don't even know how I got my user name with my birth date on it WTF!

Lightbulb

I agree, my Uplay name is something that I mixed with one of my dad's name from some game and a name from my brother, right now in the forums I'm using my PSN id, and I really want to change my Uplay name

Hi guys,

We are aware that this is an important issue for many of you and we are looking into different ways to improve account management in the future. There are a lot of dependencies, and it is unfortunately not as easy as it may seem, but it's definitely on the work desk.

This being said, I don't have any details to share at the moment and even less of an ETA, but I will be following this closely.

Mat
    Uplay Community Developer
    Facebook
    / Google+ / Support

Quote Originally Posted by Korchaa View Post
    Hi guys,

We are aware that this is an important issue for many of you and we are looking into different ways to improve account management in the future. There are a lot of dependencies, and it is unfortunately not as easy as it may seem, but it's definitely on the work desk.

This being said, I don't have any details to share at the moment and even less of an ETA, but I will be following this closely.

Mat
    Good to know.

Please inform us if there are news about this.

I'd also like to throw my hat in the bag on getting my name changed. I'd honestly pay for it but that's just me. There should be a simple way to change it in the Uplay launcher or maybe even in the games themselves.

+1

can't make it fast enough!

It can't take long from now on.. they just updated the launcher which could be very positive for us waiting name change.

Really hope they fix/add it soon.
    Made an ubisoft account ages ago, just starting to use it again and really want to change my name!

It's quite laughable that Ubisoft STILL hasn't implemented this.

I mean, come on Ubisoft, ever heard of "nicknames" and allowing people to log in with them? Then you don't even need to alter the primary ID for an account, you just let the user login with an alternate login "nickname".

Of course we're talking about the morons who implemented this new "Uplay" launcher without considering that perhaps people already have the games on their hard drives, but the launcher doesn't recognise them.....but that's another story for a separate thread.....

Its not that easy as u may think. They used Uplay name to store so many data in so many games before so there is too many dependencies now. For now its not as simple as "juts change 1 variable". You see, they had a bug/vulnerability on account management web page for some time. With just 1 command u could unlock account name field and actually change it. This operation leads to disastrous data loss, basically u will lose any progress that is stored online in all games. I cant see how they can make it work flawless for any released title. But they can (and should) make screen name and Uplay name separate in new releases. Storing everything database-related with fixed Uplay name while also maintaining changeable screen name just for display/UI purposes.

Display obedience. While never stepping out of line.
    And blindly swear allegiance. Let your country control your mind. Let your country control your soul.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast