Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Tag now obsolete - Please Open Source the software! | Forums

That looks great. What will be needed to do 16? Also if we are to continue at some point initial softwares will need to be preserved. First order would be to beak down what files are needed from ubi website to update guns. Also, a method needs to be created to down load these locally or u can give up ever buying a replacement or getting a clone gun built. I'd say start there!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'm not savvy enough with the code to know what activation process is needed or whether it requires a software only patch/hack or a combination software/hardware patch/hack. Daisy chaining the hubs maybe the answer?
    Initially, we'll be looking at using several existing game scenarios (like Team Frag) and interpreting the code to create new game scenarios such as capture the flag. None of us are quite sure yet whether it can be done, or that it can be done 'quickly' :P

Quote Originally Posted by Exlover81 View Post
    I've recently just ordered 3 sets of the 3-player + 2 med packs + 2 T bases for $79.99 from onesaleaday.com three days ago. My set arrived yesterday, and I did not have much trouble installing the software and updating the firmware on the guns. The website is still working, but I would suggest you upgrade as fast as possible as we never know when the servers will go down.
    Thanks for reporting back. I'm sure you put a lot of restless minds at ease with that one. My first set should be waiting for me when I get home, with another one arriving tomorrow. I'm looking forward to making a couple of videos regarding the setup and basic usage of the system, and of course to taking it out into the woods with my buddies and playing some light wargames together like we used to.

Quote Originally Posted by mwottle View Post
    Can someone provide me with the ubicoinnect software? Mine came with a cracked CD and it looks like ubisoft is dropping support. Please help if you can!
    PM me with your email address. I'll help you out.

Need "Forced Update Tool"

I was updating the guns and it turns out that one had a bum battery in it (new pack too) so it didn't have enough power to finish the update and it said the update failed. The problem is: it doesn't prompt me to update the gun again no matter what I do.

I read here: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answ...sked-questions to "download forced update tool". But, of course there's no link to it, nor can I find anything through a Google search.

Does anyone happen to have this file or know of another way to force the gun to update?

Quote Originally Posted by dvdapex View Post
    I was updating the guns and it turns out that one had a bum battery in it (new pack too) so it didn't have enough power to finish the update and it said the update failed. The problem is: it doesn't prompt me to update the gun again no matter what I do.

I read here: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answ...sked-questions to "download forced update tool". But, of course there's no link to it, nor can I find anything through a Google search.

Does anyone happen to have this file or know of another way to force the gun to update?
    This is one that the people at the ubisoft support desk should be able to field for you! The file is definitely nowhere on the site, but it has to still exist somewhere on their servers.

It IS possible that your gun finished the update though. On the 4 I got this week I would get the failure message every time I did the update with more than 1 gun at a time. It seems to be an issue with the way the software runs and reconnects the guns.

On the main menu, go into the Options while your blasters are turned off, and use the "add blasters" option. Turn both guns on. What you'll see is that ONE will connect and the other will not until you click the OK ****on on the dialog box that came up when the first one paired, and you hit the option to connect a second gun. I think this same behavior is reflected when they reconnect after the update.

If your gun shows the little animation while searching for the ubiconnect and the speaker on the gun says "OK" once it connects, then it's on the new firmware. Pre-upgrade, the guns just pop up with their number and don't make a sound if I remember correctly.

@Tayaya and dvdapex

Mine definitely had an error updating. It can't scan any boxes which prevents setup from completing.

I have to believe you're right. The file has to exist somewhere, but Support said "BattleTag system is now out of print". Which I guess is a really odd way of saying we're out of luck.

I hope someone out there has the file.
    Last edited by swooll; 04-25-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swooll View Post
    @Tayaya and dvdapex

Mine definitely had an error updating. It can't scan any boxes which prevents setup from completing.

I have to believe you're right. The file has to exist somewhere, but Support said "BattleTag system is now out of print". Which I guess is a really odd way of saying we're out of luck.

I hope someone out there has the file.
    Man I'm sorry to hear that...

I'm still digging around the recesses of the Internet to see if someone out there has a backup of the files as well, but so far no luck. I'll let you know if I make any progress.

Hey guys,

I'm working with a few developers from Grooveshark on a open-source alternative to the Ubisoft software in Node.JS. We have it working for the Free For All game currently and on Linux/Mac. We're looking into adding support for Windows soon as well as the other games. Could you guys send over any details you had on the Ubisoft version that could assist us? For instance, we are still trying to figure out how to disassemble the gun bytecode. Also, feel free to reply with any ideas or feature requests you're looking for. If there is anyone from Ubisoft on this thread, feel free to PM me to discuss the project directly.

I would like to also point out that we are not sharing the code quite yet but it will be available on Github once we have it more stable and working with more games.

- James Hartig
    Twitter: @jameshartig

Not working!

Quote Originally Posted by guruguys View Post
    Thanks tatecg! And thanks for providing a source for other answers as well. Ill try it out now.

My previous post was moderated because you are not allowed to sell things here, I WAS offering to buy some clearance med kits t sell them for no more than the cost of purchase, plus shipping and a tiny extra to cover gasoline. Since I can't do that, I can at least let those wondering where to get the med kits that I know several Toys R Us in Houston have Med Kits on clearance for $4.98 to $9.98 depending on the location....

EDIT: While I had to edit more lines than the article you pointed to, it did work. Eliminating the startup video the program now loads fine thanks a lot for the fix!!!
    Maybe you could tell us what OTHER lines you edited? As all I can get to using the previously mentioned website edits is "plug in your ubiconnect" and then its pretty much dead. Anyone else got ideas?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast