Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blink-182 DLC is available today | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Blink would not be my first choice for DLC at this moment but I'm happy with the pack. As others have mentioned, this pack contains a lot of elements that most new guitar players should be working on. Music taste aside, that alone is justification for the release. I'm all for getting more Classic Rock, though. The problem is going to be with licensing.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

More garbage. Good job. Guess I'll be keeping my money for a bit longer. Maybe forever at this rate. Will you make the soundtrack to "American Pie" available for DLC next? Just like to know if I should blow my brains out now...

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconSicilian View Post
    Blink would not be my first choice for DLC at this moment but I'm happy with the pack. As others have mentioned, this pack contains a lot of elements that most new guitar players should be working on. Music taste aside, that alone is justification for the release. I'm all for getting more Classic Rock, though. The problem is going to be with licensing.

I disagree. If I don't like a song, there's no real purpose or desire to play it. If it doesn't make me walk by a music store window and go in thinking of it, I'll never give it any time to learn it. Techniques aside....but for blink 182 that's making a power chord and picking through it, strumming then repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by NIPZ82 View Post
    I disagree. If I don't like a song, there's no real purpose or desire to play it. If it doesn't make me walk by a music store window and go in thinking of it, I'll never give it any time to learn it. Techniques aside....but for blink 182 that's making a power chord and picking through it, strumming then repeat.
    I acknowledge that. Notice that I didn't say it was reason to buy it...only justification for Ubisoft to release it. The songs are relatively big hits even if they aren't the classic rock or shred that people want. There are always going to be problems with any given week.

Megadeth was a desired group and it was released but it did alienate new players who may have been frustrated with the dexterity required to play it...myself included. Black Keys have 6 songs, now. Sure, they are probably pushing their music but Ubisoft must have some other contacts in line.

People are screaming for bands that will likely take a lot of work to get on Rocksmith. The chances of GNR appearing are even slimmer now that Slash has apparently signed a contract with a game in progress. Beatles took forever to release anything to anyone. Things may have open up now, but they may have gotten even worse, too...who knows what the Rockband deal entailed... Then there are bands which will require new tuning or gear in order to release them...

I'm just happy we are getting something and I can always choose not to download.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234