Let me begin by saying I thoroughly enjoy AC:R's Multiplayer. To me, it doesn't get old. I enjoyed Brotherhood as well, however I can definitely point to many improvements in Revelations that made it a much better MP experience.
The game still could use some improvement, however. Here is my humble opinion of how to improve or fix multiplayer in AC:3.
1. For the love of god, tone down offensive smoke bomb usage. This is a cheap, cowardly tactic as I mentioned on another thread. We all know that some of these players who have prestiged multiple times would be nothing without offensive smoke bombing. They just don't have the skill on their own and thus have to rely on this over-powered ability to get anywhere. The reversed detection meter in AC:R made offensive smoke bombing too powerful as an unfortunate side effect. It's a lame way to get incognito and focus bonuses, often combined with poison. Take this away. It doesn't make sense anyway. Once you've dropped a smokey, you've given yourself away and discretion is completely out the window anyway. If you offensive smoke bomb someone, make reckless the best bonus they can attain and disallow focus bonuses. It'll force players to rely more on pure skill.
2. In Assassinate, remove the compass notification that you have been locked. It's been pointed out before that while the reversed detection meter is a great addition overall, another unfortunate feature of it is that it has broken the way Assassinate is played. Once someone is locked, they typically take off and any stalking/meter building is then impossible. If the player is locked, let them try to figure it out on their own, or give some other not so blatantly obvious clue.
3. Make it even tougher on roofer and runners. Penalize their bonuses even further for such obvious behavior.
4. If you release a map pack like Mediterranean Traveler, please find a way to incorporate into the main selection of maps and not as a special set. Admittedly, the $9.99 price tag for it did put me off. However, being a fan of Ubisoft who is loyal to the AC series, I bought it. I was honestly excited to play the new maps and even moreso to play Siena and San Donato again (my favorite maps from AC: B), particularly with deathmatch. Sadly, activity on these maps is always minimal and you're lucky to find anyone playing at all, yet alone in the mode you're after.
5. Finally, as a minor suggestion, include a way to disarm tripwire bombs. Make it a real challenge, but make it possible somehow, some way.
Looking forward to see what others have to say.
2. Stun prompt is a far far bigger issue ruining Assassinate. Your is a non issue IMO
3. STOP MOANING ABOUT ROOFERS!! THERE ARE ROOFS!! roofing is WHAT AC game is all about for gods sake!!! what are you on about!! roofers should get more points!
4. Completey agree ,kinda. Map pack should always be free so everyone can play them. Ive paid £8 for something i swear I have never actually played a game on!!
5. Not to bothered as i dont play team game modes, but yeh defo should be a way to disarm! i played artificat once!! spent whole half of game getting tripped with no way to disarm!! zzzzzz never played it again!.
oh and my moan of the day! DEATHMATCH has managed to KILL the MP game as far as im concereed! less people bother playing the superior Assassinate mode for a start and Deathmatch is so dull ! its like kiddy Wanted playground!! dont get it!
XBL-GT: DeadlyRThoughts [D.D.C]
Just get toasty and chill
There is a way to disarm tripwire, its even it the in-game tips.
1. Learn2Counter. Just because you don't like how someone uses it doesn't mean it should be removed from the game. They decided to use it for offensive purposes in order to secure they're approach bonus/get a focus/whatever instead of using it to defend themselves from their pursuer. Offensive smoke-bomb isn't some god-like tactic that has absolutely no repercussions, the person has decided to leave themselves defenseless(unless they have another ability that can be used defensively) for however long the abilities cool-down period is, and in exchange, got a higher scoring kill.
2. I don't see how this is possible while maintaining a compass for every player. If you aren't being notified you've been locked on, then the person still shows up on your compass (basically saying, "HEY! YOUR PURSUERS RIGHT HERE!" or you'd waltz right up to them because you'd still think they'd become your target, then you'd complain about when you died when they weren't your pursuer. So it's harder to get low profile kills in Assassinate than pretty much every other game mode, big deal.
3. No. They're being punished enough as is.
4. Don't they already do this? If they can't find a match for the DLC maps then they look for ones with the regular maps.
5. No. They're already pretty weak as is, no need to degrade them any further.
1. Unfortunately, offensive smokes are a part of the game- while there are people who will/do abuse it, you can bet they won't get away with it again as long as you pay close attention to your surroundings.
2. I can can agree with this. This is actually one of the reasons I don't play Assassinate.
3. While I would like extra punishment for them, it's actually perfect the way it is. If they're your target, there are ways of taking them down without damaging your bonus too much. If they're your pursuer, it's either you notice them or you don't. When you do notice them, you make them work for their kill.
4. IMO I don't think the price is that bad. All map packs for every game are 800 points and usually include 3 maps. As a fan of AC multiplayer, I'd be happy to pay this amount- that is if I could play it online.
5. It's obvious when someone uses tripwire. You can use mute(I think), get on a ledge above them and kill them with no problem, or rush in and kill them before the bomb can take its effect.
You may experience a few side-effects... ALL OF THEM ARE DEATH.