Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Master Mode Encores | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

I seem to recall getting a non-master mode encore recently but I don't know for sure if I did.

Mostly I've just gotten encores on master-mode events lately, though, so it's been mostly master mode encores. It used to be that I would only get a master mode encore for a song that was in my event; usually Angela; Now that I've got 9 master mode songs unlocked it seems to be giving me one not in my event. I'm going to try and use that to my advantage by keeping the master mode events I'm better at out of the event.

Yesterday, I got a master mode encore for Take Me Out, and I didn't even remember ever mastering that one. I failed it miserably since I haven't played it in awhile. It is definitely being added to my event so that it *hopefully* won't come up as an encore.
    XBL: Deiussum
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'll have to try that out. My last couple of sets have had "Gobbledikillmenowicantstandit" so I had no choice but to change it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana View Post
    I'll have to try that out. My last couple of sets have had "Gobbledikillmenowicantstandit" so I had no choice but to change it out.
    lol We have the same musical dislike it seems. As I'm on the threshold of unlocking master mode for a handful of songs, I don't look forward to having this problem. I only get to practice on weekends so memory retention slips over the week. It won't be fun, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by evergimp View Post
    I'll do you one better. Apparently, the only thing Rocksmith wants to give me for an encore anymore is Rebel, Rebel chord version in Master Mode. That has been the only thing I've gotten on my last 4 or 5 encores. I've been pretty lucky on the 50/50 deal lately and gotten a second encore the last couple of times I've tried. I've only got 1 song left to unlock.
    Word of advice, keep playing Rebel Rebel as your mm encore until you unlock all songs. I was getting Satisfaction as my mm encore for like 5 in a row, then I got tired of it so I put it in the setlist. This fixes the problem of getting the same song repeatedly. However, it also opens up the random selection of mm songs to everything mastered. Thus, I started having 20 different songs thrown at me. All I wanted to do was unlock SSB!

I finally got it unlocked, but if I had it to do over I would have let the game keep glitching on Satisfaction until I unlocked everything then I would have done the work around.

Quote Originally Posted by deiussum1 View Post
    .... It used to be that I would only get a master mode encore for a song that was in my event; usually Angela; Now that I've got 9 master mode songs unlocked it seems to be giving me one not in my event. I'm going to try and use that to my advantage by keeping the master mode events I'm better at out of the event.
    This has never, never happened to me. Was it that you both had "just" one mastered song at that time and that's possibly why it was both sing and encore? Non master in the event and master fir the encore. It's preference for a master encore may override the setlist if there's just one (????)
    If you say 'gullible' slowly it sounds like 'oranges'.

UPlayID: KinchBlade SteamID: KinchBlade

That wasn't the case for me. Getting an MM encore of a song in the set happened to me with both "Next Girl" and "When I'm With You" single note. I think "Run Back to Your Side" chord was the first MM encore I got that wasn't already in the set. Now I'm getting MM encores that aren't in the set, but mostly because I'm letting RS choose my set lists now, and I usually haven't mastered the songs.

Quote Originally Posted by KinchBlade View Post
    This has never, never happened to me. Was it that you both had "just" one mastered song at that time and that's possibly why it was both sing and encore? Non master in the event and master fir the encore. It's preference for a master encore may override the setlist if there's just one (????)
    At the time this was happening I had 7 master mode songs unlocked and was setting up 4 song master mode events. It always seemed to give me one of the songs that was in the setlist even though it had 3 master-mode songs to choose from outside of that.

My very first master mode event was a 7-song event that I threw all of my master mode songs into. It also gave me an encore from the set list since it had no others to choose from, but then it crashed. (This was pre-patch, so that may be fixed now.) I then removed a song at played the event expecting the one not in the event to be the encore. It chose one from the event again, and did so for all of the other master mode events I played until just recently.

Maybe if you have less than x number of songs mastered it will include ones in the list for more variability? (It wasn't very variable at the time, though. I got Angela way more than any other encore.)
    XBL: Deiussum

If it's giving you a master mode encore to a non-master set, I wonder if it bases the encore song more on how many times you've played the song and what your scores have been?

Edit: random silly question--when qualifying a master set, do you get the notes to look at, or do you have to go to the Songs menu and play it to refresh your brain on the song? Also, wouldn't it be nice to be able to practice an entire set once you've qualified, before going live? I hate having to track down an entire set's worth of songs from the Song menu in order to practice the ones I qualified early.
    Last edited by Steel_Nirvana; 02-20-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana View Post
    If it's giving you a master mode encore to a non-master set, I wonder if it bases the encore song more on how many times you've played the song and what your scores have been?

Edit: random silly question--when qualifying a master set, do you get the notes to look at, or do you have to go to the Songs menu and play it to refresh your brain on the song? Also, wouldn't it be nice to be able to practice an entire set once you've qualified, before going live? I hate having to track down an entire set's worth of songs from the Song menu in order to practice the ones I qualified early.
    I'm pretty sure I remember reading a dev interview where they said the encore song would be one of the less played songs. I guess Mastered songs trump that for a while at least.

Of course its useful to rememebr that if you get a rteare song then it is pretty much 100% to be the next event encore so If you practice that between events then you're golden. Easier said than done though.

--when qualifying a master set, do you get the notes to look at,

Sadly, no. Practice for master by doing the normal practice version with your esyes closed10% --> 100% of the time
    If you say 'gullible' slowly it sounds like 'oranges'.

UPlayID: KinchBlade SteamID: KinchBlade

Woohoo! Finally got the "Next Girl" monkey off my back! Got it in MM as an encore today, and actually did well enough to get the double. Now maybe the nightmares will stop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast