Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SH 4 - RECON. Missions in Campaign | Forums

SH 4 - RECON. Missions in Campaign

Can Anyone Tell me How to Compleat a Recon Objective in SH4 ? How do you take the photos ? On the surface or underwater? How Do you do this . Please help..

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boman View Post
    Can Anyone Tell me How to Compleat a Recon Objective in SH4 ? How do you take the photos ? On the surface or underwater? How Do you do this . Please help..

Thanks
    Hopefully, this will help you out. This quote was from a thread explaining how to complete various mission in SH4.

You must travel to within 8 nautical miles of the objective then, while submerged, lock an enemy vessel in your periscope and press the menu bar ****on to take a photo. You may need a number of photos to complete the mission. You usually get 300 renown points for this mission.

If you still have questions, post back and let us know.

"Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" LtCDR Samuel D Dealey
    SHIV Guide I Imperial Japanese Navy l US Submarines: Pacific Theater

Hello Sir Boman,

I found another thread and copied it, it says -

Raise your scope.
    Target on ships so you get a green target arrow.
    Hit the camera b u tton on the bottom panel (in the scope screen).
    Continue to take photos of ships in harbor until the camera icon turns grey.

I am not sure about the post above where it says you have to be within 8 nautical miles. I always knew I was close enough when the scope target turned green.
    Last edited by Yooperbacker; 02-18-2012 at 12:39 AM.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

Think that might work ,i'l Get back to you if my results fail.. thank you..

I've never seen the "target scope turn green". My general rule is when you are close enough to conduct a torpedo attack, you can take your photo. In TMO, which I always use, there is a camero icon, if memory serves.
    The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason. -- Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by paulhager View Post
    I've never seen the "target scope turn green". My general rule is when you are close enough to conduct a torpedo attack, you can take your photo. In TMO, which I always use, there is a camero icon, if memory serves.

I believe the 'green' Yooper is referring to is the small triangle you have when playing auto-targeting....there is a camera icon that will light up on the command bar that will let you know when to take the picture, and in many cases you need to take several pictures of either the same ship or two or three different ships.

RSRD changes/removes these missions, and I for one can do without them.
    Last edited by donna577; 02-19-2012 at 04:04 PM.

You have to use the observation periscope to take the pictures in the Stock version. If I remember correctly, the attack periscope does not work in taking pics.
    He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    -Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV84)

Well Im Not Sure whats going on With this ,But I am in the horbor40 feet down, Used both Scopes, Sitl nothing's Happening? What do i have to do to get the pics ,and to clear the mission? Hell I even Took out a War Ship that was in my area ... Can Someone help me out ?

Check your log. You may have already completed the mission and didn't notice. Another possibility is you need to get closer.
    The're in their bars, drinking, celebrating our sinking! Not yet my friends, not yet!

When you take a picture make sure the camera icon is in the lower menu. When you point at a ship with your periscope and if it is a ship your suppose to take a picture of, the camera icon will light up.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast