Thread: Getting banned from other forums | Forums

Getting banned from other forums

Here's a bannage email from SIngletrackworld (mountain bike forum). The "racist" remark was over a comment I made about some men dating Asian women because they think that they are better behaved. Apparently that's racist. This time it was for replying to someone making a comment about men who like sexy lingerie being rapists. I replied that men who don't like women in lingerie might be homosexual, apparently that's homophobic.

Ahhhh this place is the best forum. Anyhow here's the email transcript with the mod. I think I'm going to go back to trolling the Guardian, these guys are boring.

I propose a forum invasion. Can we please....PLEASE have a group invasion of the OT forum over there to discuss .50 cals, trim on a slider and Spitfires Vs 109s.

MODERATOR - On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Singletrack Forum <forum@singletrackworld.com> wrote:

"Anyone who doesn't buy sexy lingerie is basically batting for the other half."
    So tonight your trying for homophobia or do genuinely not mean it to be? You've had warnings for 'racist' remarks and calling people monks so time for 3 days off."

ME -""Anyone who buys sexy lingerie is basically a misogynist objectifying women and is a potential rapist"

Isn't that heterophobic? Did you ban the other guy as well?

Let's find the definition of homophobia shall we. "Homophobia is a range of negative attitudes and feelings towards homosexuality and people who are identified or perceived as being homosexual."

My comment was not making a negative comment towards homosexuality, it was making a reference towards the fact that most heterosexual men find women in underwear attractive. Implying that a person who does not find women in underwear attractive may be gay is not making a derogatory comment about homosexuality. Also did you ban the people from the marriage thread for suggesting the OP's girlfriend might be a lesbian?
    Last edited by Airmail109; 02-16-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    "We are only seeking Man. We have no need of other worlds. We need mirrors. We don't know what to do with other worlds. A single world, our own, suffices us; but we can't accept it for what it is. We are seaching for an ideal image of our own world" - Solaris
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

​I don't know- why don't you ask Leitmotiv?
    "Once people realize they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic" -Ben Franklin

What's happened to Leitmotiv anyway? I used to love sparring with him
    "We are only seeking Man. We have no need of other worlds. We need mirrors. We don't know what to do with other worlds. A single world, our own, suffices us; but we can't accept it for what it is. We are seaching for an ideal image of our own world" - Solaris

I got a lifetime ban from another forum because I said that not all but some of the opposition to President Obama was racism.. This was back in 2008. When I went to defend myself they deleted my posts, called me a racist moron more or less ... and I am perma banned to this day.. Not that I'd want to go back.. I could probably under a different name sicne my IP is different now .. but why bother.

I fully believe that getting banned, and even more so a permanent ban like ol' Bearcat, from a forum of such tossers is basically telling all that you are a thinking person who doesn't follow mass thought paradigms. therefore it's akin to being classified as a thinker and cool in the extreme, Go4it

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat99 View Post
    I got a lifetime ban from another forum because I said that not all but some of the opposition to President Obama was racism.. This was back in 2008. When I went to defend myself they deleted my posts, called me a racist moron more or less ... and I am perma banned to this day.. Not that I'd want to go back.. I could probably under a different name sicne my IP is different now .. but why bother.
    A result of participating in forums apparently run by opinionated 12 year-olds. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
    ------------------------------

AndyJWest - "Raaaid managed to get CloD to run on an NVidia 8500 GT - but then, he's Raaaid, and he is, shall we say, 'unorthodox'."