Thread: BLOG: "The Art of Gaming" by Cryptik | Forums

BLOG: "The Art of Gaming" by Cryptik

BLOG: "The Art of Gaming" by Cryptik
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Can't say I've played any of those games :x but yesterday I was playing Dragon Nest (NA) and finally leveled up high enough to make it into Saints Haven... it's a beautiful game from the start, but once you make it into Saints Haven visually it starts to take off even more. Me and a fellow guild member who were doing quests together and made it in at the same time were pretty captivated and in awe of the intro cut scene and the build of world. He more than I as he kept going on about how "beautiful of a game Dragon Nest is" even when we started doing more quests :P

And of course there are plenty of other games out there that have caught my eye due to its visuals and art like FFXIII. The game itself leaves much to be desired, but no question to me that it's a hell of a pretty looking game.

I think one of my favorite beautiful games is Child of Eden. SO PRETTY! 0_0 (All of Tetsuya Mizuguchi games are rather lovely!)

Totally made my Kinect purchase worth it.
    Twitter @Sunie_FDC

Hey Nice Blog!!! Even I like to play Bastion, Just superb game with a attractive graphics and superb background music!!

When I think of video games as art, the first title that comes to mind is Okami even though I only watched my friends play it. Okami's unique and beautiful art style causes the game to really stand out and it was one of the years best games at the time.

Other games also come to mind include Grim Fandango, Out of This World and even the Darkstalkers fighting game series where I really loved the character and stage designs.

For this gen, I was blown away at the time by beautiful graphics of Kameo: Elements of Power.

Bastion, Braid and Limbo all of them were visually awesome, and another one that i believe is worth mentioning is Alice Madness Returns, it was amazing.

Oh, and also Prince of Persia 2008, i was worried about that cell-shaded thing before the game release but once i got my hands on it i loved its visuals, and i enjoyed this game alot that i really can't wait for a sequal to it.
    Last edited by POP-SOT; 02-21-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    STEAM // RAPTR // FACEBOOK // Rasoulallah // I Love This Forum. <3

Quote Originally Posted by POP-SOT View Post
    Bastion, Braid and Limbo all of them were visually awesome, and another one that i believe is worth mentioning is Alice Madness Returns, it was amazing.

Oh, and also Prince of Persia 2008, i was worried about that cell-shaded thing before the game release but once i got my hands on it i loved its visuals, and i enjoyed this game alot that i really can't wait for a sequal to it.
    Oh man, Alice the Madness returns is another great one! That game is so gorgeous, I love the style.