US Forum Manager
Spartacus Legends CM
*Signature, Avatar & Image Posting Guidelines
Test Postings Forum- Please use this Forum for testing your signature, avatar, and any other test posting.
Hotlinking images is not permitted. Many websites now utilise methods to prevent hotlinking which replaces any hot linked images for offensive content, the intention to deter persons from hotlinking their images.
Posting hotlinked images may result in the poster inadvertently posting offensive content within the forums which WILL result in account suspension/ ban.
You need to ensure that your chosen avatar and signature images are stored on an Imagehost site that allows remote-linking. There are many sites on the internet that are free, and where you can store your images.
Signature, Avatar & Image Posting Rules:
All Images posted within these forums are subject to the Forum Rules including and in addition to the following...
Images must NOT....
- Contain any inappropriate content including but not limited to sexual content or reference etc
- Contain foul language not permitted on the boards with or without symbols to disguise their intended purpose.
- Insult, harass, abuse members, mods or staff of the boards.
- Contain quotes posted by members, mods or staff either on these boards or elsewhere.
- Incite or promote hate groups, or groups designed to troll, flame across the forums.
- Avatars may not include text created to look like a custom title regardless of content
IMPORTANT ALL READ!!!
What is and is not suitable is at the sole discretion of the moderators and staff on the forums. They reserve the right to remove any signature, avatar, image they deem inappropriate without prior notice.
Where appropriate violators will be banned, consider this your first and final warning. If you’re unsure about the content of your avatar or signature please seek advice from a moderator or manager BEFORE adding it to your profile.
If you think your sig or avatar may be inappropriate, it probably is, so don't risk a ban over it. This will be strictly enforced, regardless of who the perpetrator is.
NOTE: Anyone reposting a signature or avatar once removed will be subject to an instant ban without warning!
The following shows the MAXIMUM sizes allowed for ANY signature.
HOW TO Add Profile and Avatar Pictures-
*Important - Avatars and Profile pictures should be no more than 15kb in file size or 64x64.
To use a Picture for your Profile or Avatar do the following:
1. Click Settings at the top right corner of the home page.
2. Click Edit Profile Picture, Avatar.
You can either Upload it from your computer or Enter the URL to the Image on another website.
3. Save Changes.
HOW TO Add Signatures.
*Important- The maximum allowed for sig pics is 500 in width by 150 in height for all images combined (i.e. all images that you use have to fit in a 500 x 150 box). The maximum file size should be no more than 60kb.
You can use up to 4 lines of text, including spaces (each line no more than 80 characters in length).
To place a picture in your signature do the following:
1. Use the Insert Image ****on and place the URL in the box.
2. Save Changes.
*UPLOADING A PICTURE FROM A HOST SITE-
1. In order to use a picture from the internet and not from your computer you need to upload it to a host site. Sites such as Photobucket, ImageShack, and flickr are only a few that are available.
2. It needs to meet the size guidelines or it will not upload.
3. Make sure you use the direct link.
*POSTING A PICTURE FROM A HOST SITE-
1. You can copy the URL and enter it into the box from the Insert Image ****on.
2. You can use this code [img] followed by [/img] with the link between the code. Make sure the link is no longer a hyperlink to get it to work properly.
*If you still need help please send someone a Message to assist you.
Please use Image Formats: *.JPEG or *.PNG. These are smaller in size than *.BMP.
So if you are using a *.BMP Signature, please change it to *.JPEG or *.PNG.
Doing so will speed up page loads.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation
Last edited by Mr_Shade; 07-08-2013 at 01:27 PM.