Thread: Online Multiplayer Splitscreen? | Forums

Online Multiplayer Splitscreen?

So, I have tried to sift through some of the official info we have been presented and I am not sure whether this was answered, but do we know if there will be splitscreen online multiplayer? I think this was one of the best features of GRAW and GRAW2 and I fear it will no longer be inlcuded in the GR franchise. It also appears as though multiplayer will be 3rd person view, except for when you look down the sights of your weapon. Is this accurate? I think this would set Future Soldier apart from most other shooters on the market, but that this would be a big mistake. It is really hard to adjust to third person shooters when you are used to first person and that is what I am used to with GR multiplayer (which is mostly why I play these games).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yeah man I mean splitcreen multiplayer was a big draw for me and my friends. In fact it was a primary incentive for me getting into Ghost Recon back when GR2 and Summit Strike were hot. Unfortunately developers nowadays seem reluctant to include any kind of local splitscreen play for whatever reason. Perhaps it's not used as much anymore thanks to how well Xbox Live and PSN work but it's important to make sure your customers have options!

I have never wanted or needed split screen online MP. If you are not on the same team, then you will see where all your enemies are! Also, I hate playing split screen, because it obviously cuts your screen size in half cuttin down on what you can see, expecially when you are in a mbattle with someone else that is not using split screen.

I'm dying for split screen as well! Memories of R6V2, anyone?
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead_79 View Post
    I have never wanted or needed split screen online MP. If you are not on the same team, then you will see where all your enemies are! Also, I hate playing split screen, because it obviously cuts your screen size in half cuttin down on what you can see, expecially when you are in a mbattle with someone else that is not using split screen.
    Maybe you don't want it, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be inlcuded. This was one feature that made the past games a great buy. The giving away position and strategy thing... this could be easily fixed. Make everyone playing on one console part of one party which would force them only into matches where they could (and would) be on the same team. The party system is nothing new, so this would be very simple to implement. When it comes to screen size, I say, once again, don't use it if you don't like it. As it is, if you have a fairly large tv, which is pretty common now, you would still have plenty of screen to yourself. I personally don't see why you felt the need to comment in this thread. you added nothing of quality to the discussion.

More and more companies are leaving it out as a business descision, thats why theres online co-op, remember selling 4 copies are better than 2.
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulid_Snake View Post
    More and more companies are leaving it out as a business descision, thats why theres online co-op, remember selling 4 copies are better than 2.
    I understand this, but also think of it this way. By having this feature, more people will buy games like this, because of the ability to either play with a friend or significant other who does not have their own console or the ability to game online. This also exposes some people to a game that might not have bought it otherwise. Split screen, I'm sure, will never decrease total sales, and I would imagine it would only help sell more copies.

Not to mention, if you are purchasing a copy of GRFS and you would happen to be living w/ another whom uses the same console (18+ of course), then the feature is handy; or if you're inviting relatives/friends over who are likely 360 gamers or PC gamers and do not own a console or own a different console, then the implementation of offline split-screen is well worth it. MW3 included online 2-player splitscreen for only teamwork-based game modes, offline 4-player splitscreen for local, while providing 2-player offline split-screen for SpecOps mode. GRFS will be superior to MW3 in terms of more focus on tactical and strategic gameplay than same-old, same-old hardcore, hit-and-run; not to mention that it took me awhile to play in the form of hit-and-run from slow-and-steady stealth..

Quote Originally Posted by DGitts View Post
    I understand this, but also think of it this way. By having this feature, more people will buy games like this, because of the ability to either play with a friend or significant other who does not have their own console or the ability to game online. This also exposes some people to a game that might not have bought it otherwise. Split screen, I'm sure, will never decrease total sales, and I would imagine it would only help sell more copies.
    That is a good way of looking at it! But, it's always down to figures, it's never about the potential sale, always about the guaranteed one with Ubi.
    Currently waiting on: