Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I install IL-2 with Windows 7 ? | Forums

How can I install IL-2 with Windows 7 ?

I recently bought a new PC for gaming purposes with Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bit installed and to my ashtonishment/disappointment I cannot even install IL-2.

• What should I do to be able to install IL-2 ?

I have tried to install IL-2 Sturmovik, IL-2 Forgotten Battles and IL-2 1946, but the installation process won't even start. My old, now broken down PC had Radeon 9800 with a 1,5 GHz processor, first with Win 2000 and later with Win XP OS and I could play Sturmovik & FB with that PC. So, propably/obviously the problem is somehow Win 7 related, but in which way?

I still have the (legal) Win XP CD's around and my new PC has two hard drives.

• Is it be possible to have these two Win Operation Systems simultaneously, but installed in different hard drives ? If possible, could this be the solution for this problem ?
    Last edited by JP_Sc; 02-10-2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: further questions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by DD_crash View Post
    is a much better solution than dual booting between XP and 7. Use 64-bit Win 7 if your rig is compatible - and use 1 drive for Windows, app and games and the other for storage.

play il2 1946 on windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by JP_Sc View Post
    I recently bought a new PC for gaming purposes with Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bit installed and to my ashtonishment/disappointment I cannot even install IL-2.

• What should I do to be able to install IL-2 ?

I have tried to install IL-2 Sturmovik, IL-2 Forgotten Battles and IL-2 1946, but the installation process won't even start. My old, now broken down PC had Radeon 9800 with a 1,5 GHz processor, first with Win 2000 and later with Win XP OS and I could play Sturmovik & FB with that PC. So, propably/obviously the problem is somehow Win 7 related, but in which way?

I still have the (legal) Win XP CD's around and my new PC has two hard drives.

• Is it be possible to have these two Win Operation Systems simultaneously, but installed in different hard drives ? If possible, could this be the solution for this problem ?
    I

I had the same problem with no download!!
    I finally am playing il2 1946 on my windows 7, 64 bit PC.
    I used my DiskJocky File Viewer to down load the file, and after playing around, it worked.
    The only problem is that it is in German. I selected English, but got German.
    I finally found a use for 2 semesters of German in College.

Good luck
    WB

I have IL2 Forgotten battles, when I try to log in and play on line I get the message "The Client is incompatable with the service" Anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Van1_JG26 View Post
    I have IL2 Forgotten battles, when I try to log in and play on line I get the message "The Client is incompatable with the service" Anyone know how to fix this?
    Don't use the in game multiplayer menu, get Hyperlobby. The in game menu relied on the Ubi.com game service and support for Forgotten Battles on that service was dropped years ago.

However you'll find that pretty much no-one plays the Forgotten Battles version online any longer, IL2:1946 has well and truly superceded it. 1946 is based on the same game engine but has heaps more maps and aircraft in it. You should be able to find the 1946 version for less than US$15 in most of the English speaking world, maybe a little more if you're in south america, some parts of europe or asia somewhere. Hyperlobby also supports the 1946 version.
    Last edited by Tully__; 05-15-2012 at 11:54 AM.

The quickest way is to simply disable the UAC. Installs it the same way as any other game.
    Alienware Area 51 ALX-Alienware x58MBoard-i980x Factory O.C. 4ghz Liquid cooled-Two ATI 5970s Crossfire-6gigs 1333 ram-X FI Forte Sound card-30" Dell 3008 Monitor- Psyko 5.1 Analog Head Phones-TrackIR 5-Butt Kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by eslik View Post
    The quickest way is to simply disable the UAC. Installs it the same way as any other game.
    What is UAC and how do I disable it ?

'User Account contol', it kinda tries to warn you of anything suspicious that may happen on your system, but it goes as far as even warning you when you are starting some programs with which you may change system settings that may perhaps lead to your system not working properly anymore. MS call it 'security'... yeah...

Switch it of by pressing the start button, type UAC in the box, press enter.
    Turn the slider all the way down, press OK, it will ask for a reboot of the system...

Good Luck.

OK, I need help. I have read all I can on this forum and I can install IL2 1946 by running "a". I install it in c:\ubisoft\IL2 Sturmovik 1946 so it is not in programs.
    The install looks fine and at the end it shows 1280 x 768 and Nvidia card 6800? I think. I see a list of cards but don't know which to select. My GT610 is not on the list. Then at the start screen where it has read me etc. I select START and it all disappears. Last install I tried DEFAULT and 1400 x 1050 .... NO GO. confg file shows the same setting.
    I get the little working circle and then nothing. Task Manager says it is running but after I start NOTHING SHOWS.
    Gateway Desktop DX4710-09 Pentium Dual-Core E5200 @ 2.50 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 500GB + 1 TB HDs, Win7 Home Premium. MSI GT610 2GB Video HDMI
    I know a bit of computer stuff and can follow directions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast