Thread: Anno 2070... k. I want a refund | Forums

Anno 2070... k. I want a refund

I bought this Anno 2070 yesterday. Downloaded the game, started playing last night. Got to play for about an hour. So since I've owned this game, you're up time has been 4%. Now.... I like to be reasonable and all, but this is rediculous. Whoever plan's your migrations is completely lacking in technical knowledge especially when dealing with data migrations. For one, you obviously didn't take the time to run this migration through a test phase. You know, the real Q/A part of the whole process. And I'm not talking out of my rear. I've done data migrations, all by my little lonesome self. And never did I let something like this happen.

You obviously have no idea how your own systems function. i.e. your "game's not affected list" is rediculous.
    You have no idea how to perform Dry Run's of a data migration.
    You have no idea how to implement testing, of said Dry Run.
    You have no idea how to plan a data migration as is obviously evident in the total amount of downtime players are experiencing.
    You have no idea how to implement a roll back plan, ya know, the fail safe when things do go bad.
    You have no idea how to plan for said roll back plan as, it seems apparent, that one is not coming.

So while you executives look at the frustrated comments of your user base, note your high call volume in your call center, and watch your revenue plument due to lack of farmed accounts provided by not just flashy games, but quality of games, keep in mind. One of you executives hired the lame director/manager in charge of this. Who in turn hired the lame manager/team lead, who in turn probably hired an idiot of a technical resource. Which, in all likelihood, the only guy who know's what the heck is going on and why things blew up is your technical resource, yet the brilliant executive team of Ubisoft failed to listen when said technical resource informed you that your schedule and plan was pure crap.

No, I'm not that technical resource, though I'm happy to chat with you on the phone to prove it so that poor guy/gal doesn't get heat due to your ineffective leadership. You got my email and you can send me notifications, feel free to do so.

Jack.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I also bought ANNO 2070 yesterday I could not play it since. It is very disappointing that we cannot play even single-player campaign and missions. UbiSoft must come up with better way of dealing with illegal game distribution. Pirated copy works fine any time with only one significant limitation - no Ark upgrades. But is it really critical for this game? Not at all! Legal owners keep having problems while pirates keep playing.

Hi guys, We estimate the migration will be completed Thursday morning. You can keep up with updates here https://twitter.com/#!/ubisoft

For refunds you will need to contact the store you bought it from. Please note discussing pirated copies in any form is against the forum rules.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

I don't want a refund. I want 100% working game for money that I have paid already. And I really hope that during current downtime UbiSoft will fix all server issues once and for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    Hi guys, We estimate the migration will be completed Thursday morning. You can keep up with updates here https://twitter.com/#!/ubisoft

For refunds you will need to contact the store you bought it from. Please note discussing pirated copies in any form is against the forum rules.
    The only reason why people are mentioning pirated copies of the game is because they're frustrated. We all paid for a game and we're unable to enjoy it even in single player offline mode at the moment. We, the consumers, are being treated like the criminals here while the real criminals are enjoying their, admittedly, less-featured version of the game. But even a less featured version of a game is better than no game at all.

yes
    Last edited by Perrin-Major; 02-23-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: fixed

Please get rid of DRM ubi, it's worth the crap that we legal players are getting.. Thanks. (Still can't login)

I also got this game yesterday played it for a few hours now I cant log in, Thursday NIGHT now...stupid piece of crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post

okay its now 3 months later and its still not working.... so i woud say that u guys cant come after us if we want to pirate copy your games.
    the pirate Anno 2070 works!
    your **** THAT WE PAY FOR!!!! DONT WORK!!!!!

i havent pirate copyed the game yet but im reconsitering my choise.....