Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Specs Ops: The Line>GR:FS | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cpt_freedom View Post
    @sameer: Hmmm...no official release date? I've heard otherwise. Anyways, yeah Ubi is telling us this is a tactical game, and I would believe that if this was 2010. I honestly don't see how marking and executing is tactical, and that's mostly what I've seen. I'm not going to lie I have seen a lot of tactical ability in the Nigeria level, but more in the original concept. I may have been a little strong on my words, but don't get me wrong I think this game is going to be sick, i'm just saying in terms of execution, SOTL stuck with their original design, and made it work whereas it looks like FS tried to change too much and got a little sloppy. And really they're not as different as you make it sound. I've seen a lot of sneaking ability in SOTL.
    I agree, I love both games, but TBH check the early gameplay footage of SOTL, the colors were more gritty, but now it got a graphical boast, and I share your opinion, I too liked GRFS2010 more than the new version, but Ubi killed it, so I came to terms with it, but yeah SOTL stayed more true to their original concept than GRFS

Regarding the release date, I hang around the official forums from time to time, the Devs said there are no release date other than it will be out due this year, maybe you got your info from a retail, they usually do that to preserve a spot for the game

And for the beta, people need to think a little, first I appreciate the feedback, but you shouldn't talk about the beta since it has an agreement or something, but that's also not the point, 2K made an actual beta, 7 months ago ?!, they wanted to check their game mechanics to see how it works, they wanted feedback, they wanted to improve it, unlike other companies which release a demo that they call a beta (just cause it is MP doesn't make it beta), for example in SOTL MP may have changed alot during the time it went silent, while GRFS MP, you will get what you play at April, Did I made my point ?!

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_monier View Post
    I agree, I love both games, but TBH check the early gameplay footage of SOTL, the colors were more gritty, but now it got a graphical boast, and I share your opinion, I too liked GRFS2010 more than the new version, but Ubi killed it, so I came to terms with it, but yeah SOTL stayed more true to their original concept than GRFS

Regarding the release date, I hang around the official forums from time to time, the Devs said there are no release date other than it will be out due this year, maybe you got your info from a retail, they usually do that to preserve a spot for the game

And for the beta, people need to think a little, first I appreciate the feedback, but you shouldn't talk about the beta since it has an agreement or something, but that's also not the point, 2K made an actual beta, 7 months ago ?!, they wanted to check their game mechanics to see how it works, they wanted feedback, they wanted to improve it, unlike other companies which release a demo that they call a beta (just cause it is MP doesn't make it beta), for example in SOTL MP may have changed alot during the time it went silent, while GRFS MP, you will get what you play at April, Did I made my point ?!
    Lol, yes I get your point. And you and Tyrone are right, we'll just have to take it or leave it.

I think i prefer GR:FS because i will spend a whole lot of hours on the shooting range.... getting the perfect setup for my hardware! LOL.

SPEC OPS the line is getting way to much credit over GRFS! I played the online bata and it was ok and nothing really special except for sand storms that create problems for you. There were no customaization features in regards to your weapons and there is no scope view unless you have sniper rifle. The weapons have scopes on their guns but you cannot use them....which sucks. In short it is just a boring 3rd person game with no real gameplay value to it, GRFS will smoke this game very easily.

^^ Uh, not sure but wasn't that like Alpha gameplay? Just testing out features correct? I'm certain it's changed but even if not, the campaign with the moral choices (without having some little bar that says +trust for so and so) that imho looks like a good story. Kinda reminds me of what RB6P wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieinthedark View Post
    ^^ Uh, not sure but wasn't that like Alpha gameplay? Just testing out features correct? I'm certain it's changed but even if not, the campaign with the moral choices (without having some little bar that says +trust for so and so) that imho looks like a good story. Kinda reminds me of what RB6P wants to do.
    yup exactly but seems people can't understand that, and TBH I kinda find it irritating, you see 2K made a freakin Beta, you know the real one where you test your gameplay, the guns, the feel of the game, the pl eyer experience, these kinda of things so they can improve it or fix it, not like every other game out there who release a demo and call it a beta, for all I know Spec Ops MP may have changed drastically, unlike GRFS beta which will be the same experience that you get from the final game

Now don't get me wrong, I am liking GRFS more and more every day I see, maybe I am getting used to it, but the point is, we got to respect those who really care about the players, who makes a beta to take our opinion in consideration, then improve the game to appeal more to us without sacrificing it's core experience

And yup I agree with ya, SOTL will have an amazing story, while R6P will have morality affecting a whole country (USA), SOTL will have morality breaking a soldier, I really can't wait to play it

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

SO:TL looks cool, the gameplay is quite reminiscent of Max Payne 3. Hopefuly they'll show off some of the squad based commands. I'm not too keen on moral side of stuff. Do you honestly think people are gonna bother about it?
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulid_Snake View Post
    SO:TL looks cool, the gameplay is quite reminiscent of Max Payne 3. Hopefuly they'll show off some of the squad based commands. I'm not too keen on moral side of stuff. Do you honestly think people are gonna bother about it?
    Don't expect heavy squad commands, it is a simple command system, and you won't have a squad with you all the time, some time you will be separated

The Moral Side, or the story in other words, is the whole selling component of SOTL, it is what this game all about, not about action, explosions, or war, it is about the story, why I like it cause it is flying in the whole gray area, there is no good and evil choice, if you want to you can check these couple of links
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1217862p1.html
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218023p1.html

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Thanks Sameer! Are you gonna get it? The multiplayer looks pretty decent in the game!

This beta was out a while back, hopefully the final version will be similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg5Pu...ture=fvwp&NR=1
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast