Sorry, but I am an old man and I just went to widows 7 and Myst is acting up. Every time I click on the mouse game shuts down. Could not even take first picture.. I have looked and have not found a solution ....or at least one that I understood..Starting to play it again since it was new. Thanks
Welcome to the Forums!
1. Install Revelation to your C: drive.
-- a. Be certain that Revelation saves its game progress files to your C: drive.
-- b. If you have a very small C: that's reserved for system files only, install Revelation to D:. Be certain that Revelation saves its game progress files to D:.
-- c. Do NOT install the game to an external drive, either USB or E-SATA.
2. Start Revelation from a fresh boot.
-- a. Reboot, log into Windows with **full Administrator privileges** (NOT into a Limited User or Power User account), and close all open applications.
-- b. Disable all anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs running in the background.
----- 1. Do NOT forget to re-enable your anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs after finished playing Revelation.
-- c. If you have only a software firewall, do NOT disable it.
-- d. Do NOT run any other programs before starting Revelation.
3. Never boot up with a CD or DVD in any disc drive.
4. If the Revelation disc autostarts when inserted into the drive, cancel back to the Desktop.
5. Always start Revelation with the Desktop shortcut/start icon, NOT from the DVD menu.
Always start Revelation by doing steps 2 through 5, above.
Suggestions (for an actual PC, not a Mac running a Windows simulator) to do in the order shown:
1. Download and install the latest Win 7 drivers for your system. Don't just assume that you already have the latest drivers - check it! And be certain to download the appropriate packages, 64-bit or 32-bit, depending on which Win 7 version you're running! Reboot after installation of each driver package is complete.
-- a. For video drivers:
----- 1. If you have integrated graphics (video chipset on the motherboard), go to your PC or motherboard manufacturer's website to download the latest video driver package. Especially if you have a laptop.
----- 2. If you have a separate video card, go to the card manufacturer's website to download the latest video driver package.
-- b. For sound drivers:
----- 1. If you have integrated sound (sound chipset on the motherboard), go to your PC or motherboard manufacturer's website to download the latest sound driver package. Especially if you have a laptop.
----- 2. If you have a separate sound card, go to the card manufacturer's website to download the latest sound driver package.
-- c. For mouse and touchpad drivers:
----- 1. If you have a laptop, go to the manufacturer's website for the latest touchpad and mouse driver package(s).
----- 2. If you have a desktop and it came with a desktop-manufacturer-branded mouse, go to the manufacturer's website for the latest mouse driver package.
----- 3. If you bought your mouse separately, go to the mouse manufacturer's website for the latest driver package.
When all drivers are updated, start Revelation from a fresh boot as per steps 2 through 5 under "in general", above. If updating drivers doesn't help, proceed to the next suggestion.
2. Run Revelation as an Administrator. Right-click the Desktop Revelation start icon or shortcut, then click on Run as administrator. For details, see How do I run an application once with a full administrator access token?. Start Revelation by doing "in general" steps 2 through 5, above.
3. Uninstall Revelation, then use the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter to re-install the game.
-- a. First, uninstall Revelation using Control Panel's Add or Remove Programs utility. (See Uninstall or change a program for details.)
----- 1. If you can't find the Add or Remove Programs utility, see Turn Windows features on or off.
-- b. When uninstallation is complete, reboot, and re-install Revelation to your C: drive using the Program Compatibility troubleshooter. See Make older programs run in this version of Windows, "If you cannot install a program, insert the installation disc for the program and, using the troubleshooter...."
-- c. When re-installation is complete, reboot, and start Revelation by doing "in general" steps 2 through 5, above.
-- d. If Revelation doesn't start or play properly, again run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.
----- 1. Try *all* of the modes under "Which version of Windows did this program work on before?"
----- 2. Or make compatibility setting changes manually.
Semper ubi sub ubi