Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Rocksmith Patch Notes 2/1/2012 | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

US Forum Manager
    Spartacus Legends CM

Official Rocksmith Patch Notes 2/1/2012

Hey Rockers! Here is the Official and complete list of fixes for the Patch.Ensure your game disk is inserted and then connect to Xbox Live or the PSN. You will be prompted to download the Update.
    1. The user is now able to select ‘Songs’ from the Post Play screen.
      1. ​In single player, this allows the user to go straight to the song list, rather than Rocksmith Recommends.
      2. In multiplayer, this allows them to select a new song without having to re-calibrate their guitars each time
    2. A fix has been entered to disqualify any Guitarcade Game score that was gotten through exploitation of the Pause ****on. A warning message appears on the Pause Screen informing the user that pausing the game again will disqualify their score from the leaderboards
    3. The amount of lives that the user has in Riff Repeater has been increased to 30 when selected from Event Manager or Song selection.
    4. The user is now able to invoke the precision tuner before quick-tuning in any song or event, excluding multiplayer
    5. The user is now able to select their own “Phrase Mastery” level in the Pause Menu of Riff Repeater activities. Completing the phrase on the set level carries that progress into the full song, unless the new phrase level is LOWER than what has actually been achieved naturally.
    6. The user can now start new songs at a HIGHER phrase level if they are good enough (Level 7 as opposed to Level 5), and they can also level up high-level phrases with fewer correct repetitions.
    7. When the user sets Phrase levels to Highest in the Options menu, the game will return their base difficulty level for new songs to their higher phrase level.
    8. A fix has been implemented so that the “Satisfaction” Single Note arrangement can be unlocked for Master Mode.
    9. A fix has been implemented so that the “Do You Remember” Chord arrangement can be unlocked for Master Mode.
    10. Lag Correction will be a new feature in the Options menu to adjust the difference between sound and how fast notes appear.
    11. General stability improvements to fix crashes.

*Note
    In order to ensure the Update has downloaded correctly please do the following if you receive an error message.
    Don’t delete your Rocksmith Game Data. (where the Title Update and DLC are stored)
    *If you have deleted the Game Data and then receive an error, sign back into the PSN and download the Title Update again. (If you receive an error, it does not mean your Save Data is ruined. You just need to download the TU again to load it).

*Everyone please note that due to the Patch, the Leaderboards will be reset today 2/2.*
    Sorry about the inconvenience but you'll have killer new scores in no time
    Last edited by Black_Widow9; 02-03-2012 at 05:20 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Here are a few more items that were listed in the Facebook comments to the orignial status update:
    Here are a couple of additional notes to add to the patch details:
    - The Songs menu option is also in the Post Play Menu. Select this option after a song to jump straight to the song list.
    - When the user sets Phrase levels to Highest in the Options menu, the game will return their base difficulty level for new songs to their higher phrase level.

Does this patch address the issue of losing setlists every time I turn off and re-start the game?

Tried the new patch. There are some cool fixes but the bulk of what was annoying me is still quite there.

- Loading of a song is extremely slow on my ps3. Again load the stuff on the **** HD and stop burning through my blue ray's lifetime. Already paid 120$ to repair it, don't want to pay again.
    - If you don't pause the game and press restart at the end of a song you are screwed. Doing it again means reloading the whole thing... this is beyond me... pause menu can do it but you can't tell the game to do the same function with the menu at the end of the song? This makes no sense and is beyond annoying.
    - Still no way to call the tuner with the pause menu. That's where it should be... not before each song. Like the toggle for precise tuning tho, thx for that.
    - I hate the soundcheck, i need to destroy my classic guitar to a pulp to get to the end of the make some noise bar. So i avoid the guitarcade which is a shame.
    - I didn't get to see if that changed but i also hate that songs disappear from a event once i qualify for it. I don't like going to have to look it up or use filters to get it. Should stay in the event menu with a stamp on it or something. Seeing as it's not in the list, that probably hasn't changed either.

My biggest disappointment is that the list of fixes is quite small considering it's been 4 Months since the launch of the game. I was expecting a lot more changes/fixes.

Still thx for at least trying to make the game better. Please fix more if you can.

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by murrflem View Post
    Does this patch address the issue of losing setlists every time I turn off and re-start the game?
    If you are referring to losing a setlist when having a DLC song in the setlist, I think it is fixed. I finished up a performance today after the patch and the new setlist included 6 (of 8) DLC songs in the new suggested setlist. I logged out of the game and when I logged back in, I still had the previous set list. This always screwed me up in the past. I didn't try adding DLC to the setlist to see if it still saves, but would guess it would now. Oh, and this was on the Xbox.

(and for all the haters, 3 of the DLC in my current setlist are The Black Keys. Lovin' it! :-D )

+1 re why the heck doesn't this game have an "install to HD" option? RS is way too sluggish, on initial load and internally, it's molasses game and I dont use it much anymore. and the hugely irritating "Must Tune Before Every Friggin Song" is insane. My Ibanez doesn't go out of tune. Let me choose. Why wasn't that an option? So many things left unpatched. Why don't you guys hire more programmers with all the money you've made from the launch? Work harder, ubi.
    Last edited by oldgeezer99; 02-02-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer99 View Post
    +1 re why the heck doesn't this game have an "install to HD" option? RS is way too sluggish, on initial load and internally, ...
    Game installed on my Xbox HD fine, gives my optical drive a rest. Didn't notice if the initial load times were any shorter but doesn't seem out of line with any other game. The patch seemed to reduce the menu tmes a few secs here and there. Maybe you can ask your parents to refill your Ritalin prescription to help with the tuning and your other issues?

Guys, at the risk of sounding a bit fanboyish we need to remember what a miraculous thing Rocksmith actually is. Six or seven months ago most people wouldn't have believed Rocksmith was even technically feasible, partiuculalry on a console . It was inevitable that masny aspects of Rocksmith 1 were going to be immature given the tech issues and the gnre ris/bdget profile.
    I expect that Rocksmith 2 if it ever gets maded will be a far more mature product where a lot of this stuff will be ironed out. I'm not syaign we shouldn't comment oin the issues far from it but I think we need to rember just how impressive our new toy is.

Quote Originally Posted by MutantFergus View Post
    If you are referring to losing a setlist when having a DLC song in the setlist, I think it is fixed. I finished up a performance today after the patch and the new setlist included 6 (of 8) DLC songs in the new suggested setlist. I logged out of the game and when I logged back in, I still had the previous set list. This always screwed me up in the past. I didn't try adding DLC to the setlist to see if it still saves, but would guess it would now. Oh, and this was on the Xbox.

(and for all the haters, 3 of the DLC in my current setlist are The Black Keys. Lovin' it! :-D )
    Any official confirmation if this was actually fixed or is this an assumtion based on end user experiments? I've removed all my dlc from my xbox and haven't purchased any more due to this. Sounds like it may be ok to put it back in. Does anybody know if the qualifing score bug was fixed as well? As niether issue was listed in the patch notes.

The DLC set list reset bug is fixed. I tested it last night, on my Xbox.

I finished an event, RS loaded a set list, with DLC songs in it. I rebooted the Xbox, and the same set list, with the DLC, was there. I completed the event with that set list.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast