Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !!!!!! Whats up with this forum layout? | Forums

!!!!!! Whats up with this forum layout?

The last few days the thread order has been in alphabetical order, is there any way you guys can change the default back to most recently replied?
    DRIVER 6 - my wishlist - Unlicensed Vehicles, Real-Time Car Damage, Car Flipping and Roll-Overs, On Foot AND Shift, Guns, No Invisible Walls, Able to drive of cliffs, jump fences etc, Performance Upgrades, Car Creator basic example, Set up Ramps and Stunts in shift mode, Reduce Framerate to 30fps and add back all the stuff you had to take out, Please and Thank You!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I've had a look at this and fixed it.

Thank you! And sorry for posting a thread about it!
    DRIVER 6 - my wishlist - Unlicensed Vehicles, Real-Time Car Damage, Car Flipping and Roll-Overs, On Foot AND Shift, Guns, No Invisible Walls, Able to drive of cliffs, jump fences etc, Performance Upgrades, Car Creator basic example, Set up Ramps and Stunts in shift mode, Reduce Framerate to 30fps and add back all the stuff you had to take out, Please and Thank You!!!

Seriously though, this forum looks horrible compared to the one with Driver San Francisco logo and the easy to use interface of the previous one in 2011... This layout with the dark gray and blue ****ons is not appealing or easy enough to see ****her away from the screen. Are my settings messed up since I haven't been on here in a few months, or is this here to stay? Terrible move if this is how it's going to be. If it's just a setting I can adjust, then nevermind............ Even the happy faces are worse... I'm surprised they didn't just make everything look like 'facebook'.

Forgive my rant. Not a fan of change when it's for the worse.
    --------------
    Driver SF2, include: Everything from DSF and... More freedom to explore: Open Parking Lots, Offroad hills, forests, bring us into a Rural Setting, customizable options, lots of RAMPS again and corkscrew wooden bridges across ponds, Sportbikes too. And please lose the lame roadside rails, so we can REALLY go off road and fly off without hitting invisible walls.

Hi InsaneDriver06, in the coming months improvements will be made to the overall look of the forums.

Okay, thanks. I got a little carried away there as I really miss how well the old forum looked and worked... Oh well. Any chance we can brighten things up here, all this black and blue...
    --------------
    Driver SF2, include: Everything from DSF and... More freedom to explore: Open Parking Lots, Offroad hills, forests, bring us into a Rural Setting, customizable options, lots of RAMPS again and corkscrew wooden bridges across ponds, Sportbikes too. And please lose the lame roadside rails, so we can REALLY go off road and fly off without hitting invisible walls.

I have one request. I've noticed the arrow keys don't work in the reply area, something I use a lot to go back and forth and correct my mistakes. Can you guys let us use the arrow keys again?

Yes. To add to that: This forum layout is broken by the way. I press enter and instead of creating a new paragraph, the top of the page pushes this one ****her down the page...... (who here liked the old layout before this better for the most part?) (Still trying to press enter to create a new paragraph

, and this is what it ends up like...... Maybe I can use happy faces to create new paragraphs with this set up....
    Hey, it worked, go figure...)

EDIT: When I go in to re-edit, then everything works as it should, and the text isn't as small. I love how it auto-edits words like ****her "F.A.R.T.H.E.R." down the page.

Also, it's not letting me quick select text and erase it, but forces me to backspace every single letter to delete a sentence. Not good. I know it's being worked on, just not sure how long it'll take.............
    --------------

There are a few improvements over the old system- For one the website actually remembers your login details, which is a big deal. Sure you have to click on 'login' every time you come here still, but at least you don't have to open a whole new window just to log in or write a post. We also don't have any text hidden in hte background images anymore, which is a good thing.

My biggest problem with the forum is that every time I want to navigate from one page to the next, or go to advanced reply, or edit reply, the page whites out so often that I have to refresh the page up to five times sometimes to get anywhere. It's unbelievably frustrating- doing a multi-quote reply yesterday took me over half an hour to do because of the pages failing to load.

Also I think we've lost the ability to use a single ****on to place a link into a word or a line of text. I got it working in my sig, but it was some kind of workaround and I can't even remember how I did it.

Also we really need to relax the censorship on the forum a bit. I don't think anyone here swears, but words are getting cut out all over the place. It's ironic that on a gaming forum you can't type the word ****on (b.u.t.t.o.n.), and while darn and heck are allowed, why not ****? (think of a structure that stops water flowing downstream). Sure I understand the need to censor the F bomb and others like it, but honestly, the examples above are just peanuts by comparison.
    What the next DRIVER needs: Tighter, narrower streets for slower, more responsive cars as seen in D1,2,3. More 70s feel, possibly the entire game's setting. Keep 88mph top speed as the norm, with only bonus supercars going beyond. Get rid of Burnout as the default acceleration. Unlicensed Vehicles- so that they can be destroyed with explosions. On foot returning, with a version of shift as an unlockable. Weapons, with FPS controls like D3, only more polished. Hubcaps. Car underside pouncing. Offroad areas without invisible walls. All previous driver game cheats return plus a few surprises. All camera angles in D1 Film Director returning. Completely overhauled multiplayer, with virtually no 'boosting'. Finally, ability to play multiplayer offline,and with bots.

Failing that, D1 and 2 as fully emulated games unlockable within Driver 6.

Hopefully it's all being addressed at this time and will be fixed by next week. Maybe it's a custom made forum and they're still working out the bugs with a live forum, instead of doing that before they launched it...

I agree, the ****on should be ****her down on the controller. Hello there. Just testing out the new and improved censorship system. Assuming it's a hello lot better now. There's a few curse's hidden here they let get through...
    --------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast