I just bought and downloaded the game from Steam. Everything was fine - no problems at all - until I reached the level "Dead Man's Corner." I reached the first checkpoint, got killed a couple of times, and then, when the game reloaded for the 2nd or 3rd time, I was unable to move or melee attack.
It's not a problem with my keyboard, wasd are working fine, and I can perform all other actions (firing, reloading, using iron sights, giving orders, looking around etc).

I've tried rebinding the move keys, which hasn't helped, I've un-installed and reinstalled, restarted Steam and my computer, tried starting new profiles and new levels. Whatever chapter I am on, whichever profle I am using, I am unable to move or melee.

I know this might be a bit of a longshot, seeing as Road to Hill 30 is an older game, but any help would be much appreciated.

I'm afraid that I'm not particularly knowledgeable about computers or especially capable technically. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium on an ASUS laptop with AMD Phenom(tm) II N660 Dual Core Processor, if that info is helpful.