Thread: Appcrash at launch | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Appcrash at launch

Hello all,

I am encountering a persistent app crash error when attempting to launch the game by clicking the play ****on in Uplayer. I have tried re-installing the game which failed to rectify the app crash problem. The strange thing is I was able to launch the game before just fine. Now all the sudden every time I try to play the game I am greeted with this App crash error. The issue is very infuriating considering I have been reading that other people are having the same problem with no solid fix. I have yet to see a response from Ubisoft on the issue and hope they will address this asap. In the mean time I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this launch app crash error and if so were you able to find a workable solution to the problem? One more thing to mention, my system is more than capable but I know someone might ask so here are my specs: core i7 2600k (OC 4.7 at 1.375 volts), Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, 580 gtx classified ultra sli (290.53 drivers), Corsair 16gb of ram, intel 320 ssd, ASRock z68 extreme7 gen3 mobo and 1200 watt Enermax PSU.

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Unhappy Seems like an issue I'm experiencing too

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaOfShadow View Post
    Hello all,

I am encountering a persistent app crash error when attempting to launch the game by clicking the play ****on in Uplayer. I have tried re-installing the game which failed to rectify the app crash problem. The strange thing is I was able to launch the game before just fine. Now all the sudden every time I try to play the game I am greeted with this App crash error. The issue is very infuriating considering I have been reading that other people are having the same problem with no solid fix. I have yet to see a response from Ubisoft on the issue and hope they will address this asap. In the mean time I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this launch app crash error and if so were you able to find a workable solution to the problem? One more thing to mention, my system is more than capable but I know someone might ask so here are my specs: core i7 2600k (OC 4.7 at 1.375 volts), Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, 580 gtx classified ultra sli (290.53 drivers), Corsair 16gb of ram, intel 320 ssd, ASRock z68 extreme7 gen3 mobo and 1200 watt Enermax PSU.

Thanks
    Sounds like very similar issue I'm also having with HOMM6. I already made a support ticket about this but no reply yet. Strikes very strange that I was also able to launch and play before without any problems. Well... not exactly. I've experienced server DRM problems like others and some crashes but NOW the game won't run. I have reinstalled the game and the launcher twice, updated my ATI drivers etc. Launcher starts without problems, synching of saves OK, game start ? NO NO NO

Same Intel CPU BTW

No help ! Hopefully I get some response soon because I love the game :/ This post gives me hope that my problem isn't an unique one... Oddly enough the offline mode won't start either but I have a hunch that it is still possible that my profile has been corrupted somehow on Ubi side (just ONE idea, becauce local reinstall won't help).

My problem seemed to came out of nowhere also. To be honest. I really really really hope that the only solution is the OS re-installation because finally my rig works after weeks of misery with my old gear. I refuse to just try it because it COULD help. Well starting notepad COULD help also but I don't believe it. So others might....

Greets from Finland !

- Problem solved ! -

I manually deleted "ProfileData" file and the game started like there was never a problem at all !

I don't have a slightest idea what is wrong with this "ProfileData" -file.
    I deleted it and a new one was created. This file was not deleted during the uninstallation because I aswered "no" when the uninstaller prompted "Delete user data ?"

Even now I am worried if something is lost from my Dynasty but the "dynasty.bin" -file can be left in the same folder, it doesn't cause problems. So I assume that the my Glorious Dynasty is intact

Have to play some instead of writing to be sure though...

ProfileData file is located in my Win7 : C:\Users\Kenny\Documents\Might & Magic Heroes VI\Kenny\

Problem causing file size
    12,2 KB (12 546 bytes)

Newly created working one
    11,2 KB (11 546 bytes)

Size does not match but old is NOK, new is OK !

I got a hint of this file from this forum so thanks to all !

Actually two guestion remains :

1) Does anyone here know what this file contains ?

2) Only user specific settings, like it suggests ?

Hope this pain of mine helps someone ! Gonna try to get an answer also from Ubi during ticket closing to solved state.

Don't know why I always got this haunting feeling of emptyness inside my when these endless problems get solved.

Why I didn't try this sooner and so forth.... LOL

Regards,
    Kenny
    Last edited by kekbom; 01-29-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Kenny thanks alot Ive been searching for the solution for a day or two now. This finally worked

Quote Originally Posted by kekbom View Post
    - Problem solved ! -

I manually deleted "ProfileData" file and the game started like there was never a problem at all !

I don't have a slightest idea what is wrong with this "ProfileData" -file.
    I deleted it and a new one was created. This file was not deleted during the uninstallation because I aswered "no" when the uninstaller prompted "Delete user data ?"

Even now I am worried if something is lost from my Dynasty but the "dynasty.bin" -file can be left in the same folder, it doesn't cause problems. So I assume that the my Glorious Dynasty is intact

Have to play some instead of writing to be sure though...

ProfileData file is located in my Win7 : C:\Users\Kenny\Documents\Might & Magic Heroes VI\Kenny\

Problem causing file size
    12,2 KB (12 546 bytes)

Newly created working one
    11,2 KB (11 546 bytes)

Size does not match but old is NOK, new is OK !

I got a hint of this file from this forum so thanks to all !

Actually two guestion remains :

1) Does anyone here know what this file contains ?

2) Only user specific settings, like it suggests ?

Hope this pain of mine helps someone ! Gonna try to get an answer also from Ubi during ticket closing to solved state.

Don't know why I always got this haunting feeling of emptyness inside my when these endless problems get solved.

Why I didn't try this sooner and so forth.... LOL

Regards,
    Kenny

worked thanks and everything seems to be fine now that i removed my profile data file. also it was saved under a different folder tree but i searched for it and bam