Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article on military shooters and their use of tech | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiskune View Post
    @shobhit
    the core concept of any Stealth/Recon game dies the second the developers include optical camo no matter how many counter measures the AI uses agaisnt you.

I have to agree with you an updated verson of OGR would be very welcome. the only thing the let it down in my eyes back then was the game was pretty much just a cross hair on the screen
    Not really no....ANY stealth game requires a 'Hide' parameter provided by a gameplay element. In SC its shadows, in MGS4 its camo, in OGR it was your profile and proximity...theres an inviso-cloak in ALL games with a stealth element...just in a different form.
    Each "Cloak" has restrictions and conditions to keep the gameplay balanced and I would assume it would be the same in GRFS.

No, what makes the core concept interesting is the ability to approach a large encounter zone and then tackle it as you deem fit, backed up by smart squad AI. It depends on assessing the enemy strength and location then determining the kill order (if you want to engage I.e.). The addition of a CQC system only re-enforces this as you are encouraged to take out key guards and set yourself up for attacks/ambush.
    The inviso cloak allows for a period of planning with certain impunity in order to get the most out of the tactical situation.

Nevertheless, From what I have seen...I don't think it will surpass OGR....not even remotely. I hope I am wrong,

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 View Post
    Not really no....ANY stealth game requires a 'Hide' parameter provided by a gameplay element. In SC its shadows, in MGS4 its camo, in OGR it was your profile and proximity...theres an inviso-cloak in ALL games with a stealth element...just in a different form.
    Each "Cloak" has restrictions and conditions to keep the gameplay balanced and I would assume it would be the same in GRFS.
    yes they had their own invisibility system but I cannot agree because none of them allowed you walk down the middle of a street waving your wang like it was an eel biting your crotch with half a dozen guards looking in your direction and ignoring the shimmering dusk cloud as it gets closer.

In MSG4 (and MGS3 what I'm looking forward to the re-release next week) the octocam was not perfect and would only hide you in the certain area you were in, you still had to hug walls, lay in the dirt or hide in the bushes. similarly the rather large collection of BDUs you pick up in snake eater (where he kept them all i'll never know) were not perfect. when running down the middle of the path way or wading though a swamp the enemy could see you fine. plus you did spend a good quarter of the game deciding the best camo when you hit a new environment (that a dynamiting fish)

in Splinter cell you HAD to stick to shadows or the enemy would see you across the map. there were periods without shadows and points when you could only move then the enemies backs were turned of they'd spot you.

on those games and several others I could quite comfortably Recon the target area, infiltrate the target and get my men into position with the possibility of taking out maybe one or two boarder guards before Striking and killing the targets while they were confused over where it was coming from. all this without Drones, invisibility suits or a mark and execute ability that removes the need to talk to your team.

I stand by my opinion, optical camo removes the need to think and makes infiltration too easy
    Last edited by Kaiskune; 01-26-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Viam inveniam aut faciam...
    I shall find a way or make one...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiskune View Post
    only if the Ex-Seal had gain several hundred pounds
    Becareful what you wish for:

http://web.ecomplanet.com/WHIT9095/S...mage075855.jpg
    Last edited by Soulid_Snake; 02-05-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulid_Snake View Post
    that is a seaLION lol

seals don't walk on their tail fins the drag them selves forwards using their front flippers and belly-flopping the the ground

Viam inveniam aut faciam...
    I shall find a way or make one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12