Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.04 for PC version | Forums

Hey Mush, something's gone wrong with the forums- all the latest non-stickied threads have vanished from the first page, replaced by random threads from all over. I tried making a new thread and it's in general discussion... somewhere... and I have no idea where. Not the first page and not the last, at least. Is this happening for anyone else? Is there some forum setting that can control it? (I've had a look but with no success) or is is something to do with the forum itself?
    What the next DRIVER needs: Tighter, narrower streets for slower, more responsive cars as seen in D1,2,3. More 70s feel, possibly the entire game's setting. Keep 88mph top speed as the norm, with only bonus supercars going beyond. Get rid of Burnout as the default acceleration. Unlicensed Vehicles- so that they can be destroyed with explosions. On foot returning, with a version of shift as an unlockable. Weapons, with FPS controls like D3, only more polished. Hubcaps. Car underside pouncing. Offroad areas without invisible walls. All previous driver game cheats return plus a few surprises. All camera angles in D1 Film Director returning. Completely overhauled multiplayer, with virtually no 'boosting'. Finally, ability to play multiplayer offline,and with bots.

Failing that, D1 and 2 as fully emulated games unlockable within Driver 6.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

If you click settings above then general settings, ensure Linear Oldest first is selected. I've taken a look and fixed the issue.
    Last edited by Ubi-Mush; 01-30-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

I don't know why I'm still insisting on this, but will the lack of a post processing effect in the PC version will ever be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoney View Post
    I don't know why I'm still insisting on this, but will the lack of a post processing effect in the PC version will ever be fixed?
    lol i dont think so...

Can you update the Steam version of the game?
    A friend of mine bought driver today, and we could not connect at all.
    Turns out that his retail version is updated to 1.04.1114 instead of steam's 1.04.1024
    I installed the retail version and ubisoft launcher remembered the steam version key and started nicely.
    The menu stated 1.04.1114, and we could instantly connect.

This means the Steam version of the game is split from the entire playerbase besides it, why?
    While there may not be much diference between 1114 and 1024 itself, please do update it, as it increases the playerbase for both versions, and that is a huge change...

Quote Originally Posted by Marnit1990 View Post
    Can you update the Steam version of the game?
    A friend of mine bought driver today, and we could not connect at all.
    Turns out that his retail version is updated to 1.04.1114 instead of steam's 1.04.1024
    I installed the retail version and ubisoft launcher remembered the steam version key and started nicely.
    The menu stated 1.04.1114, and we could instantly connect.

This means the Steam version of the game is split from the entire playerbase besides it, why?
    While there may not be much diference between 1114 and 1024 itself, please do update it, as it increases the playerbase for both versions, and that is a huge change...
    +1
    That also might be the problem that people can't find matches
    And the MP-crash-in-lobby bug just HAS to be fixed, I'm not able to play MP for 2 months already. This just sucks, I'm never buying a game from Ubisoft again.

The multiplayer crash in lobby bug has been reported, so has the leaderboard issue where it's not uploading. The developers are looking at both of these.

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    The multiplayer crash in lobby bug has been reported, so has the leaderboard issue where it's not uploading. The developers are looking at both of these.
    Please look into the frame rate issue too, I've been reportin it to support for so long but all they've been telling me is I should update my drivers and close background programs. And when they ran out of suggestions they started to repeat themselves, telling me again to update my drivers and close background programs. I'm sorry, but this is not support, they are just sure that the game is very well made with no problems at all, and the problem is within the user, and not the game. This is not true. Please investigate this issue, it's really ruining the game experience.

How many people is the frame rate issue affecting?

Can you give me more details, when does this happen? what graphic's card do you have? etc and what have you done to try and rectify the issue.

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

ETA on when a patch will be released to address such problems?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast