Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible to use the RealTone cable on PC? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyZ View Post
    If anyone wants to use the RS cord with win7and a realtek soundcard just be aware that you will absolutely need asio4all or it just wont work.

The other drawback with win7 is that you can't have more than 1 app use sound at the same time. For example, you can't play your guitar through amplitube while rocking along with a vid or using guitar pro or anything else. It's one or the other. Win7 is absolutely NOT musician friendly.
    I ain't singing the praises of Win7. I got problems, especially with the Media Center audio and video in Win7.

That said, I practice my guitar exclusively on Win7. I play to CDs, MP3, and Youtube videos. I use an E-MU interface to get my mic'ed guitar cabinet sound into my Win7 box. It works great. I been using the same setup since Win2K. I use the Media Player (not Media Center) for this task. I also use Media Player to create my MP3 playlists and such, for my Android phone.

Win7 sucks, especially the Win7 Media Center, where the audio and video will never stay in sync. Sucks! Sucks! Sucks!

But it works fine for playing guitar along with my favorite songs and videos.

Also check-out Reaper for DAW recording. It is a great little program. It is free to try and only $40 for a home license. It Rocks!!!!
    Last edited by rcole_sooner; 01-18-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by LawnDart471 View Post
    I ran into this myself. I'm thinking there's a way around it, but I haven't discovered it yet.

The reason I say there's a way around it is that Windows 7, by itself recognizes the cable and will allow pretty clear sound from the cable, but when I go into Amplitube, its fuzzy and unrecognizable until I enable ASIO4ALL...

If I'm messing around on Justin-Guitar or watching videos to play along, I skip Amplitube all together and it plays along with the video, iTunes or whatever else just fine. I open Amplitube when I want a specific effect or something.
    I think you might be able to fix this sound issue if you right click on both programs and choose "Run As Administrator." That works if you're using programs like ventrillo when you're playing games so I'm thinking it might do the trick here too. Let me know if it works. I was planning on tinkering on my PC with this too.

As DerpDiHerp mentioned, Audacity seems to be a pretty good free recording software package. I am a newb when it comes to recording, though, so my opinion may not be worth much. I haven't ever messed with VSTs so I had a look at that Audacity VST Enabler. Looks like some cool stuff. Reading the Audacity wiki, it sounds like you don't even need the Enabler anymore with the 1.3 beta and up.

http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/VST_Plug-ins
    XBL: Deiussum

Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    You'll also need something like Amplitube to emulate amps (just google it - it's not that expensive
    OK, when listing out software and using the phrase... "not that expensive", please be sure to mention that this is relative to Music Equipment and software in general. Amplitube has a less expensive and a more expensive version, as does Guitar Rig... Both are excellent pieces of software. However they are both still more than most beginners are willing to pay.

So, for those who are experienced and are wanting to invest in high-dollar software
    Guitar Rig, and Amplitube are the way to go.

If you are not ready to drop more bones on software than you have already spent on the game, I reccomend these:
    Guitar FX Box, or Guitar Software-FX. They are not as robust, and less user-friendly, but also one-fifth the cost.

Personally, I use Guitar FX Box, it is very customizable and worth every penny the devloper is asking. I also use Native Intruments AC Box, which came with my Behringer Guitar-Link USB device. This adapter has it's own ASIO driver and I can play any type of music along with my Amp Modeling Program without any type of distortion or drop outs because the Behringer is handled as a completely seperate audio device by Windows. The device has a guitar input jack, and a line out to go to your speakers so it does not interfer with any Windows Audio processing through your PC's audio card at all. I wonder if RockSmith plans to implement something like this when they officially release the PC version.

I will try using the Real Tone cable this week and give an update about how well it works with the ASIO4all driver, in comparison to my Behringer Guiatr-Link USB audio device.

Works perfectly on my Mac in Garageband.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJamaX View Post
    OK, when listing out software and using the phrase... "not that expensive", please be sure to mention that this is relative to Music Equipment and software in general. Amplitube has a less expensive and a more expensive version, as does Guitar Rig... Both are excellent pieces of software. However they are both still more than most beginners are willing to pay.
    True, with Amplitube 3 you will pay around $350 to get the full program and then you can buy various upgrades to it, like the Fender package and the Metal effects package. They also make a wah pedal interface that I might eventually decide to use, instead of the Rocksmith cable. I decided that spending the money on software was much was a better deal than going out and getting a Line 6 Pod HD pedal board, which was more expensive and had fewer effects, and will eventually be rendered obsolete within a few years.

You can download the full program (with a much scaled-back package of amps and effects) for free to try it out, and then pay for effects a la carte, through their custom shop deal. I think anyone with a computer ought to at least install the free version of Amplitube 3 and if you're on Windows 7, the ASIO4ALL driver, and just give it a shot...it's impressive technology and a lot of fun. I really like the Speed Trainer aspect, too. I think it's the perfect "next step" when you want to start branching out from Rocksmith. I also plan to give Rock Prodigy a try on my iPad, gonna see if I can get the Rocksmith cable to work on that.
    Last edited by FreeJack2k2; 01-18-2012 at 11:51 PM.

I think the Rocksmith cable is awesome. It looks like it will work with basically all music studio software. It is a pain in the neck to get it set up the first time, but after that it works like a dream! It has great sound quality. The cable is only like $30. Audacity is free so it might be a good software to start with. But I’m sure it will work with pretty much any software. It works great with Audacity and Sony acid music studio, and I have seen guys on the internet say that it works with both Amplitube and Guitar Rig 5 as well as with guitar Rig 4 and a bunch of other programs.
    I am a complete beginner. I don’t know how to play the guitar yet and I don’t even really know how to use the software but I am having a blast recording myself playing guitar! Give it a try cause I bet you will like it.

Cubase setup:
    You need to install the latest ASIO4ALL software (I am using v2.11 Beta 1) and when you load Cubase you need to watch for the green icon with an arrow pointing to the right to appear on the task bar. Don't click anything else in Cubase, and right click the green icon and you will get a popup window. This will take you to the ASIO4ALL setup window. Under the WDM device list, make sure you turn on the Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter, and also any output device you may be using, within he ASIO4ALL popup window. After you do this go back to the Cubase window and start a new project. Hit F4 to bring up the VST Connections, and then make sure your stereo input device port says USB Guitar Adapter. Don't forget to set your output device port to an appropriate device so you can hear it. Click on Project at the top menu bar and then click Add Track... [Audio]. In the new track window set the input routing to Stereo In and the output to whatever you are using to listen to the sound. Then click the small speaker icon that turns orange in the track window to monitor the sound, and strum your guitar. You should hear it.
    Last edited by arcanemundi; 02-17-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeJack2k2 View Post
    True, with Amplitube 3 you will pay around $350 to get the full program and then you can buy various upgrades to it, like the Fender package and the Metal effects package. They also make a wah pedal interface that I might eventually decide to use, instead of the Rocksmith cable. I decided that spending the money on software was much was a better deal than going out and getting a Line 6 Pod HD pedal board, which was more expensive and had fewer effects, and will eventually be rendered obsolete within a few years.

You can download the full program (with a much scaled-back package of amps and effects) for free to try it out, and then pay for effects a la carte, through their custom shop deal. I think anyone with a computer ought to at least install the free version of Amplitube 3 and if you're on Windows 7, the ASIO4ALL driver, and just give it a shot...it's impressive technology and a lot of fun. I really like the Speed Trainer aspect, too. I think it's the perfect "next step" when you want to start branching out from Rocksmith. I also plan to give Rock Prodigy a try on my iPad, gonna see if I can get the Rocksmith cable to work on that.
    Where did you get that price? AT regular price is 199. On the current promotion you get it for 99 and you pick other two collections (or3, or 4, or 5, depending on how many people buy on this promotion). You can get AT full (that includes AT Metal and Amplitube Jimi Hendrix) plus AT Fender and AT Orange, and probably also AT Slash and AT Ampeg, for $99.

As for the OP, I have used the real tone cable successfully on PC with Amplitube, Guitar Rig, TH2, Pod Farm, Cakewalk Music Creator, Sonar, a some other less known DAWs.
    Last edited by mbarsott; 02-18-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12