Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible to use the RealTone cable on PC? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Possible to use the RealTone cable on PC?

It says so on the Rocksmith website. I'm curious if anyone's given that a try.

Is there somewhere we can go for drivers and whatnot? Does it auto-install some if you plug it in? How would we get any specific sound recording program to respond to what we play? Basically, if there's any information on how to do this, any and all would be a welcome sight.

If I can use Rocksmith's guitar cable to start recording my terrible guitar work and godawful singing into my computer without needing really expensive recording software and equipment, I'll most likely die from joy.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Oh yes, quite possible. I just pluged it in and it was instantly recognised as "Rocksmith realtone cable" or something along the lines (I am working on W7 64 Ultimate). It really is quite good if all you have is a cable and a cheap soundcard. Better than asio4all even in terms of lag and static. You'll also need something like Amplitube to emulate amps (just google it - it's not that expensive or maybe there are some freeware progs). And get something like Sound Forge to record the workings of your vocal strings Oh and I guess you should share with us your adress so we can get you an ambulance asap %)
    As they say - Rock On!

yep, I recommend trying out a program called guitar pro

I use it with Amplitube 3 and it works like a charm, using ASIO4ALL as the driver.

also, if you're so inclined to, you can sound out your ps3 to your computers aux in with the right adapters and gizmos...and simply use the Rocksmith amp mode as your effects rack. there's a free basic all you need to get recording program available on the net called "Wavepad" if you ever want to do some basic multi-tracking, I'd recommend a simple program by MAGIX called "Music Maker" lol. I could go on for hours about Ableton, Cubase and Protools etc...but what I've already mentioned should suffice, brotha. giver' hell!

Thanks for the help, guys! I'm going to toy with this all tomorrow.

I'm also taking courses in college that deals heavily with audio, so I think my professor is going to think this is cool.

@Markflip: I assume there's probably some way to do this with a 360? I am one of those dirty, no good X-Box players.

If anyone wants to use the RS cord with win7and a realtek soundcard just be aware that you will absolutely need asio4all or it just wont work.

The other drawback with win7 is that you can't have more than 1 app use sound at the same time. For example, you can't play your guitar through amplitube while rocking along with a vid or using guitar pro or anything else. It's one or the other. Win7 is absolutely NOT musician friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyZ View Post
    If anyone wants to use the RS cord with win7and a realtek soundcard just be aware that you will absolutely need asio4all or it just wont work.

The other drawback with win7 is that you can't have more than 1 app use sound at the same time. For example, you can't play your guitar through amplitube while rocking along with a vid or using guitar pro or anything else. It's one or the other. Win7 is absolutely NOT musician friendly.
    You can load a MP3 into the Speed Trainer in Amplitude 3 and play it while jamming along.

I ran into this myself. I'm thinking there's a way around it, but I haven't discovered it yet.

The reason I say there's a way around it is that Windows 7, by itself recognizes the cable and will allow pretty clear sound from the cable, but when I go into Amplitube, its fuzzy and unrecognizable until I enable ASIO4ALL...

If I'm messing around on Justin-Guitar or watching videos to play along, I skip Amplitube all together and it plays along with the video, iTunes or whatever else just fine. I open Amplitube when I want a specific effect or something.

I haven't had a chance to test this yet, but from what I know about recording, on the cheap?

Using Audacity as your recording software with the Audacity VST Enabler installed and then running LePou Amp Sims you could recording simply and for free. You may have to use asio4all to get this running, not sure. There are other alternatives to Audacity that are free as well and may be better suited to the task. Of course, if you were to get this working and liked what you were getting with it a better alternative would be Reaper, which is an amazing DAW for the very reasonable price of $60 and includes many, many free updates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast