Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: So, "Red Tails" | Forums

Just back from first day european release !Have to say I liked it .Sure it was corny as heck in places but STUNNING to look at -listening wasnt quite as good with laser gun 50 cal sound effects and some seriously lame dialogue .But I think some of posters are missing the point it ,it was a good old fashioned Saturday afternoon war movie . 6.75-7.75 out of 10?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I think I may have said this before in the thread .. but that event did actually happen in real life.. It just was not a destroyer bristling with guns like tat one was .. and it was actually four P-47s .. not one P-51.. and it was a lucky shot.. Gwynn Pierson, Wendel Pruitt and two other pilots were attacking the German destroyer TA-27 which I think was actually an old Italian WWI destroyer.. and a lucky shot hit the powder magazine.. thus giving them a destroyer kill to their credit..

Hate to be a knitpicker, but no German destroyer had a Marking of TA....they all where marked with Z for "Zerstörer"= German for Destroyer and then a number.
    Here you have a list of all German destroyers:
    http://www.graf-zeppelin.dk/other_ge...estroyers.html

Schlägt der Arsch auch Falten, so bleiben wir doch die Alten!

Whatever.... ok Italian..

Not really "what ever" that´s how false myths are born.....I am just waiting for a film maker to come up with a story about a single P51 sinking the Bismarck.......

Movies tend to pork historical facts beyond believe!

"You need to get out and **** more, L_F m8."

Yes .. really.. especially in this case.. whatever.. This film was bad on so many levels.. good on some .. but bad on so may levels that it can only reallybe looked at in one way ..as an entertaining fictionalized account of actual events.. Anyone with a modicum of common sense and certainly anyone who knows anything about any of this... knows that what we saw on the screen was an impossibility.. I knew what to expect from this film after the first 40 seconds.. and I had my suspicions from the first 5 ..

Yeah LF I remember reading that once before.. and if you go down you will actually see the account of Pierson as stated from his son..
    Last edited by Bearcat99; 06-15-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Low_Flyer_MkIX View Post
    Well looks like some fellow is better informed than the records of the German navy..............in doubt always ask a armchair expert.
    As the list posted up above is originally from the German navy..........but since they do not know how they marked their own ships........

Regardless of all I've read. I went a bought the Blue-ray for $25.00 I got buyers remorse in the first few minutes.

But I needed a Blue-ray to play in my Fathers-day gift.

It took me three days to completely watch the whole thing.

I was prepared for the silly flight stuff, but the Hammy acting pissed me off.

Some big names and even actors from the Tuskegee movie were in it and they all acted like HS drama geeks.

I really expected a solid performance from the pro's, regardless of the fiction and CGI tricks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678