Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanks UBISOFT for the Ghost Recon Future Soldier PC confirmation! | Forums

Im glad to see GR FS on the PC . I hope its not a port and uses a decent color scheme unlike GRAW1.

PC users need a Playable Demo or a beta like the console players. Also we need the game available on steam before it goes retail.

Still waiting to see the GR ORG redone with recent graphics , but for the mean time this new generation action shooter looks good.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Unfortunately there isn't a beta for the PC version planned. If there's a change you will be updated here.

Hey! I have a podcast! Check it out here: Pink and Deadly

Ubisoft Support

I'm PC gamer too.
    Thanks UBI.

Uh..not to be kicking a dead horse here since i know this thread is old but i am shocked and confused as to why everyone is thanking ubisoft for doing something they should of done in the first place. Have people forgotten that ubisoft seems to think every single pc user out there just pirates anything they can get their hands on?? that ubisoft is completely biased towards their console gamers neverminding the fact that console gamers probably have a pc as well. I dont see why anyone should be thanking a company that is so blatently judgemental towards people they know nothing about . Maybe if game companies would be more willing to listen to their loyal customers and provide a demo of a game when we ask for it then piracy wouldnt be such a big deal. Is it really such a bad thing to provide us with a demo when they are asking us to spend $50 of our hard earned cash?. People pirate alot of times because there is no demo and they dont want to shell out cash for something they dont even know if they are going to like and if they do like the game more often then not they go right back out and purchase it. ill finish this with saying im not even sure why there is so much hype over this game, its just going to be another cookie cutter war game (in the sea of hundreds already out there) that brings nothing new to the table, or i guess to put it "Same game different skin".

Its sad to think that there hasnt been any war games out there that have "Broken the mold" since the original battlefield or Arma2. For every genre of game out there you have one game with its own platform that stands out from the crowd and everyone else just follows along trying to replicate that platform. companies would rather use an old and tired method or "play it safe" than to be creative and come up with something new and its just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl122 View Post
    Uh..not to be kicking a dead horse here since i know this thread is old but i am shocked and confused as to why everyone is thanking ubisoft for doing something they should of done in the first place. Have people forgotten that ubisoft seems to think every single pc user out there just pirates anything they can get their hands on?? that ubisoft is completely biased towards their console gamers neverminding the fact that console gamers probably have a pc as well. I dont see why anyone should be thanking a company that is so blatently judgemental towards people they know nothing about . Maybe if game companies would be more willing to listen to their loyal customers and provide a demo of a game when we ask for it then piracy wouldnt be such a big deal. Is it really such a bad thing to provide us with a demo when they are asking us to spend $50 of our hard earned cash?. People pirate alot of times because there is no demo and they dont want to shell out cash for something they dont even know if they are going to like and if they do like the game more often then not they go right back out and purchase it. ill finish this with saying im not even sure why there is so much hype over this game, its just going to be another cookie cutter war game (in the sea of hundreds already out there) that brings nothing new to the table, or i guess to put it "Same game different skin".

Its sad to think that there hasnt been any war games out there that have "Broken the mold" since the original battlefield or Arma2. For every genre of game out there you have one game with its own platform that stands out from the crowd and everyone else just follows along trying to replicate that platform. companies would rather use an old and tired method or "play it safe" than to be creative and come up with something new and its just sad.
    I personally couldn't believe how many people in this thread are thanking Ubisoft for this. A beta gives PC players an idea of how the final game will be, possibly influencing their purchasing decision. The only reason you wouldn't a beta across all platforms is that it isn't finished or up to par. The fact that the PC game wasn't initially confirmed suggests (to me) that it is a rushed afterthought, and I fear the quality may reflect that. The company was originally founded as a computer games publisher. In the twenty six years since their founding, they have done great things in the video game industry. Sadly, it seems increasing market share in consoles has driven their focus away from the PC market. Has anyone played the multiplayer component in Splinter Cell: Conviction on PC? Players are severely frame-limited, regardless of hardware. Instead of taking the time to produce the PC game properly, it was cobbled-together from the console multiplayer, and performed worse despite the drastically better hardware.

I was excited for this game, but now I'm not so sure I want to give them my money. Take a hint from DICE, and please don't screw the PC community.

oops this was supposed to be in response to you skelbley but i forgot to reply with quote.

I agree with everything you just said wholeheartedly. A demo most certainly will showcase what your product is and get people interested. Game companies seem to think that demos either hurt their sales or take too much time. I dont think demos hurt sales i think its just providing a more realistic outcome as to what their sales would REALLY be if they had a demo. Game companies are not going to provide a demo because that would mean they would miss out on a large percentage of people who probably wouldnt of liked the game in the first place had there been a demo, So instead they get suckered into buying their product and not being able to return it which means no loss on the companies side, only the customer they screwed. As to the part i mentioned about time, i think game companies would have more time to produce demos if they would stop setting unrealistic deadlines for their games. Companies all to often think they have all their ducks in a row and jump the gun before they should. Every Ubisoft game ive ever had i have purchased outright, and ive been playing them since the very first rainbow six came out and when i heard they were not going to be bringing GR:FS to pc (since it started out on pc) my jaw dropped, then i saw the comment they made and i made my decision to never purchase from them again..companies all to often forget that their games didnt make them who they are today, WE the loyal customer did and without our purchases, our feedback (wich in turn is all a form of guerilla marketing in some way) and our love, these companies would have NOTHING and BE nothing. WE put that fat paycheck in their hands each month, WE provide them with the money they need to continue making games and fame..take away us and they lose their fame, their company and everything they have. Don't make the customers mad ubisoft, you arent industrucible, you are a glass house and the customers are the bullet.
    Last edited by Pearl122; 04-20-2012 at 12:37 AM.

PC GAMERS: While there are no plans for a PC beta as of now, our devs are working hard to build an amazing Ghost Recon: Future Soldier experience for you on PC. We'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Please Note: You also have Ghost Recon: Online which has a beta.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    PC GAMERS: While there are no plans for a PC beta as of now, our devs are working hard to build an amazing Ghost Recon: Future Soldier experience for you on PC. We'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Please Note: You also have Ghost Recon: Online which has a beta.
    So by building an amazing experience on PC mean we will be getting dedicated servers that can be hosted independently from the game? Because I have never had an amazing experience in a shooter game that used listen servers.

Thank you ubisoft after seeing future soldier its the samething as your f2p one. Of course it would be since thats what you were going to give US pc gamers instead of a actual game. Lets see pay 60 dollars for a half assed last minute decison pc game or just play f2p one. Another slap in the face from ubisoft!!! TY TY TY TY

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123