Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real WW2 Tactics | Forums

I love the game and I have had little trouble becoming good at tactics but I'm wondering if there is any source on the internet anyone knows of that could give me a better education on tactics I ought to use as a squad leader. I've googled alot and only found alot of stuff about modern US military tactics. I appreciate any help.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download GWX
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I love the game and I have had little trouble becoming good at tactics but I'm wondering if there is any source on the internet anyone knows of that could give me a better education on tactics I ought to use as a squad leader. I've googled alot and only found alot of stuff about modern US military tactics. I appreciate any help.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download GWX

in the game main menu select tutorial,then a couple messages will come up to teach u the tactics
    "The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hartsock1982:
    in the game main menu select tutorial,then a couple messages will come up to teach u the tactics </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. I already saw that. Pretty basic stuff. I'm looking for something a littlemore substantial. Like if anyone knows of a web site that has say a US Army Tactical Manual from WW2 scanned and available for viewing that'd be nice. Basic fire and movement is easy.

Download GWX

visit a bookstore and look for a book called, WII infantry tactics...a good place to start...

"1st Lt. ****: 1st sergeant Lipton? you get things organized here. I'm gonna go for...help!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ragingpaseo:
    visit a bookstore and look for a book called, WII infantry tactics...a good place to start... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was hoping the internet would provide some good free stuff. I'm going to college and not university for a reason. But books are cool too. On that note if anyone has any particular volumes concerning WW2 infantry tactics which they feel are a worthwhile buy I'd welcome any suggestions.

Download GWX

play Full Spectrum Warriors if you really want some tactic for modern army

sure it helped me in BIA...

fire and manuvure... 4 additional rules

1) move from cover to cover
    (dont expose yourself in the open, u make perfect target for krauts)

2) reload before going into action
    (dont get caught with an empty clip)

3) supress then flank
    (moving into hostile area without supressing
    the known enemy is pure sucide)

4) use grenades to clear hard spots
    (MG, room full of enemy etc)

one final comment

5) always try to expose to 1 flank and guard it
    (you can improvise the surrounding such that
    any potential place where enemy can pop out
    is covered from you)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jay_1985:
    play Full Spectrum Warriors if you really want some tactic for modern army

sure it helped me in BIA...

fire and manuvure... 4 additional rules

1) move from cover to cover
    (dont expose yourself in the open, u make perfect target for krauts)

2) reload before going into action
    (dont get caught with an empty clip)

3) supress then flank
    (moving into hostile area without supressing
    the known enemy is pure sucide)

4) use grenades to clear hard spots
    (MG, room full of enemy etc)

one final comment

5) always try to expose to 1 flank and guard it
    (you can improvise the surrounding such that
    any potential place where enemy can pop out
    is covered from you) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err... that's kind of simple... don't you think? Oh wait...

ok good question, go to the extras menu, and then chose the E3 demonsration video (i forget whitch mission you unlock it but look at that if u havent done that mission find the e3 video on the web. they talk about tactics and what bia is all about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast