Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing release date, confirming PC version and a multiplayer beta | Forums

Announcing release date, confirming PC version and a multiplayer beta

Today Ubisoft announced Tom Clancy™’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier™ will launch in the UK on May 25, 2012.

The game will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Sony PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and for Windows PC at a later date.

A multiplayer beta will be available in April for both Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3. “Ubisoft prides itself on creating some of the most compelling and innovative experiences in digital entertainment,” said Adrian Lacey, IP development director at Ubisoft Studios - France. “Today we are feature complete in our MP, Single player and 4 player coop campaign modes. We have taken the decision to move the date in order to ensure that all these ingredients are pushed to the highest level and provide a truly unique shooter experience. The Ghost Recon franchise is known for setting the standard of high definition gaming and we believe the extra couple of months will allow us to reach that goal. We would like to thank all Ghost Recon fans for their patience and look forward to unveiling some exciting new elements in the coming weeks.”

For a message from the development team and ongoing updates about the game, please visit: www.GhostRecon.com and www.facebook.com/GhostRecon Please see the video here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAP4E3A1h1A
    Last edited by Ubi-Mush; 04-01-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Thumbs up clues

Hey Mush,

have you ever actually played this series ? The original GR 1/2, Graw 1/2 ?????

do you have a clue who your customers are ?

I ask because the last contact person wasn't there when the last version of this game (graw2) was released, and left before the next installment (GRFS + we're still waiting).

Ubi has lost touch with it's customer base

Is there anybody still there who worked on the original series ? It doesn't feel like there is.

If there is, ask them about the dlc price debaulke, ask about "taylor 07" which was Ubi's codename when it was being worked on.

Ask about what happened to "Harpoon" ???

get the facts about these projects and you might start to have a clue about why the fans don't trust Ubi or why we view everything that comes out of the pr dept with suspect
    Last edited by jssport; 01-14-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Hi jssport, yes I have played and have all Ghost Recon games. I have now also played Ghost Recon: Future Soldier twice.

By Harpoon, I'm guessing you mean the game released in 1980, which went on to be used in military schools? I'll try find out if there are any team members from the original series.

As for trust, we'll have to try turn that around as the more we can work with you the better information we can provide you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    By Harpoon, I'm guessing you mean the game released in 1980,
    As for trust, we'll have to try turn that around as the more we can work with you the better information we can provide you.
    Ok then ....

If Ubi wants some credibility back then answer this:

What is the TRUE REASON for this latest delay ? Why does it take six years to bring us the latest version of one of the best shooter games in the history of pc's and consols ?

... and yes, Harpoon (the naval stratigy game) from the early 80's that Ubi got from 360 (the software co, not xbox) that is still currently being used by some counties and military schools.

While the board game first was released in the 80's, the pc version came out in the early 90's, Ubi got the rights in the mid 90's then killed it.
    Last edited by jssport; 01-14-2012 at 10:12 PM.

I think they delayed for monetary reasons. They realized that tons of new games are releasing in March so they moved it. But I'm glad that someone from Ubi is keeping us up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelVelvet View Post
    I think they delayed for monetary reasons. They realized that tons of new games are releasing in March so they moved it. But I'm glad that someone from Ubi is keeping us up to date.
    notable games on march 2012
    Mass Effect 3
    Ridge Racer
    Street Figher X Tekken
    Armoured Core 5 (latest Ubisoft creation... I thought you boys bought the license for Chromehounds from SEGA?)
    Ghost Warrior 2 (barely worth a mention the first one was pathetic)
    Resident Evil ORC (finally back to zombies)
    GTA5

I can see why it'd be a wise choice but none of those are tactical shooters

there is no point in lying about it. Future solder is already being burned onto disks as we type. instead of making up excuses about extra 'polishing off' give us the real reason for the delays
    Last edited by Kaiskune; 01-14-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Viam inveniam aut faciam...
    I shall find a way or make one...

UK Forum Manager Emeritus kleaneasy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jssport View Post
    I ask because the last contact person wasn't there when the last version of this game (graw2) was released, and left before the next installment (GRFS + we're still waiting).
    Hey jssport, just curious which contact person you meant? I was here long before GRAW2, as was Kimi

As to the delay – honestly, it’s been held back no more than a few weeks. Given how long we’ve waited it’s a non-issue IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kleaneasy View Post
    Hey jssport, just curious which contact person you meant? I was here long before GRAW2, as was Kimi

As to the delay – honestly, it’s been held back no more than a few weeks. Given how long we’ve waited it’s a non-issue IMO.
    Hi kleaneasy,

nice to hear you !

A few weeks ? That´s nearly a full 3-months delay.

It´s really hard to stay loyal to the GR/R6 series when all we get are delays, years of waiting and promises which are obsolete when the time comes (belongs to the GR team in the first place).

Sure it´s great that they´ll want to polish the game, but why not release the beta ?

What about the future of the GR series ? I remember an interview (back in 2010) one of the Ubi chiefs saying they want to release their GR/R6 titles more often (ala Activision).

Is that still true ? If so, will the gameplay be changed again ?

Please take a look at MeanMFs thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ete(-)-history

So, are the actual statements of Mr Lacey credible this time ?

You see my point ?

I mean it must be a dream to be a CoD fan; they know they´ll get every year a new one (with tons of (expensive) dlc) while the series stays true to its basic gameplay.
    Last edited by FuchsXSX; 01-15-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiskune View Post
    notable games on march 2012
    Mass Effect 3
    Ridge Racer
    Street Figher X Tekken
    Armoured Core 5 (latest Ubisoft creation... I thought you boys bought the license for Chromehounds from SEGA?)
    Ghost Warrior 2 (barely worth a mention the first one was pathetic)
    Resident Evil ORC (finally back to zombies)
    GTA5

I can see why it'd be a wise choice but none of those are tactical shooters

there is no point in lying about it. Future solder is already being burned onto disks as we type. instead of making up excuses about extra 'polishing off' give us the real reason for the delays
    Just to let ya know, GTA isn't coming out March, you probably meant Max Payne 3, also Ghost Warrior 2 got delayed to Q2 (the 1st one was kinda good, the 2nd may turn out even better, just not on the realistic side if that's what you want), and you forgot to mention Ninja Gaiden 3, Silent Hill HD Collection, Silent Hill Downpour, but yeah March is the worse month ever, I mean what's with all these big releases ?!

I think for Ubi it was the best move to make, I hope nothing turns to be released in May, it's not about GRFS being a tactical shooter, it is about the big releases, and since Ubi want to attract more people and make more fans, they will be looking for a better window (which is May), I always thought it would happen, now GRFS may break the 2 million sold unites mark

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Yes this announcement means its only pushed back by about 3-4 weeks,

But I remember a time when I was meant to get early access into the beta with my purchase of Splinter Cell Convicton (beta was meant to be out that same summer).

So you will forgive me if by now I am a little bored of the set backs!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast